AP pick up at hotel?

Sydney77

Earning My Ears
Hi All! We have just bought annual passes and are arriving at RP on Wednesday. Can we pick up our annual passes at the hotel? Thanks so much!!

You can, and it's a great way to get your passes! However, I just wanted to let everyone know that if you are getting a deal with 3 extra months, it might not work well - we did that one year, and they didn't put the extra 3 months on. We did not realize at the time, and when our tickets were suddenly expiring 3 months earlier than expected they told us that can only be done at the park - they did eventually relent and gave us the extra three months but it was stressful. So, if you are getting the extra 3 months, just double-check when you are getting at your passes at the hotel that they can give you the extra 3 months. Our deal was through AAA, so it might be different than getting directly through UO.

Thanks for the heads up. Yes we are getting the extra 3 months, so I will make sure it's accurate when I activate them.

One thing, and I don't know the answer. Someone posted a link to a youtube video about the ticket desk at Cabana Bay. The person video'ed their arrival and the walk to the ticket desk. The ticket desk was empty. So, then the video showed how to use the self-serve machine to print pre-purchased tickets. Tickets, not passes. Paper tickets. Passes are credit card plastic.

So, that makes me wonder if you can only get passes at the hotel ticket desk when it is manned.

shawthorne44, that is a good point. We aren't going until August and I was planning on getting an AP for myself (for hotel rates) and regular passes for my kids. Our flight lands at 11:00 PM, so we'll be checking in close to midnight. I'm sure no one will be at the ticket desk then.

shawthorne44, that is a good point. We aren't going until August and I was planning on getting an AP for myself (for hotel rates) and regular passes for my kids. Our flight lands at 11:00 PM, so we'll be checking in close to midnight. I'm sure no one will be at the ticket desk then.

I am unsure of when it occurs, but yes, from personal experience I have went to the Hard Rock and noticed they would have someone at the front desk and one of those security / wrist band individuals and that's it. I noticed in the early morning (perhaps between 5-6?) when I was taking photos of the hotel. I'd say it's possible someone would be there if City Walk was still open until 2am (as guests could still be coming back from there), but it no longer is due to COVID (at least at the moment).

If you arrive at midnight and there isn't a ticket person, I would politely ask the front desk person if they do not have access, or ability to create an AP, if they have anyone on duty who has access to come and do it for you. If they say no, I would then ask them when someone is stationed there. However, the downside is you wouldn't be getting your hotel discount (at least for that stay).

I am unsure of when it occurs, but yes, from personal experience I have went to the Hard Rock and noticed they would have someone at the front desk and one of those security / wrist band individuals and that's it. I noticed in the early morning (perhaps between 5-6?) when I was taking photos of the hotel. I'd say it's possible someone would be there if City Walk was still open until 2am (as guests could still be coming back from there), but it no longer is due to COVID (at least at the moment).

If you arrive at midnight and there isn't a ticket person, I would politely ask the front desk person if they do not have access, or ability to create an AP, if they have anyone on duty who has access to come and do it for you. If they say no, I would then ask them when someone is stationed there. However, the downside is you wouldn't be getting your hotel discount (at least for that stay).
You will still get the AP discount. Just show it at the desk after you pick it up.

You will still get the AP discount. Just show it at the desk after you pick it up.

Is that also after check in? If so, that is awesome!

Just want to note to anyone following this that while in August on some dates they offer discounts that there isn't always a guaranteed of having an AP discount for hotels all year round.

Yes also after check in. Just tell them that you are picking up your AP and you can stop by the check in desk and show it to them after you get it.

August we stayed at the Drury Inn which is a Universal partner hotel but not onsite. It had a Universal Ticket desk. It was manned from fairly early in the morning (before I came down for breakfast) until lunch-ish. It didn't have the self-serve machine. We already had our AP's so I can't say whether she could provide those. I asked her a guest service-ish question and she knew it.

Can anyone verify whether or not the ticket desk at the hotels can do the 15 months? Unless I can sneak a trip in before, we won’t be there until October to activate ( I will buy them this week - before 3/31/21). We are staying at RPR. If there’s a chance they could mess it up we will just do it at the parks.

Can anyone verify whether or not the ticket desk at the hotels can do the 15 months? Unless I can sneak a trip in before, we won’t be there until October to activate ( I will buy them this week - before 3/31/21). We are staying at RPR. If there’s a chance they could mess it up we will just do it at the parks.

i am planning to try it in June at RPR. Hopefully someone has an answer now but I will try to remember to answer this when we go

My thoughts. Worse case the hotel ticket desk messes it up. In which case you would have to go to Guest Services at the parks. BUT, you would be able to do that anytime during your visit and when you saw that guest services didn't have a line. If you plan on getting the passes from Guest Services to begin with, you will have to wait in whatever line they have.

They can now- they offered to sell the 15 month annual pass to us last week when we were there. You probably want to check again later though, for someone who activates outside of the promotion window.

I can let you know in a few weeks! We purchased our APs with the 3 bonus months in January and will be picking them up at RPR when we check in on 4/5. I've gotten a lot of conflicting info so I'm going to give it a try at the hotel ticket desk and see what happens.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!