AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

For those of you who've been able to purchase a new pass - what department did you speak to? It seems that answers can vary widely, depending on which department you speak to. I'm currently on hold with DVC and I'll ask them about it, but not super confideng that they'll be able to assist.

I'm hoping to succeed in this....we had APs expiring May 2020 - cancelled them early and opted for the refund. Now planning a few trips this December.

So awful. I glanced back at this thread thinking of course this must be resolved by now. So sorry. It puts the worst taste in your mouth about a place that we all presumably loved hence the annual passes. Best of luck!

Yep. I agree. We used to visit annually for two weeks at a time, and occasionally twice annually. I doubt we'll be back for a long time. At this point, we received half of our refund and are still waiting on the second half. We were told the amount we will be receiving, but nothing other than the standard "8 - 12 weeks" for when it will show up.

To put it in perspective, we also got a refund from our local amusement park for our annual passes. It took them 10 days from the time I requested a refund until the time it showed up on my credit card. With Disney, it's currently 221 days and counting since I first requested a refund. It may be an apple to oranges comparison, but it really reflects poorly on Disney.

I come every once in a else to this thread and it's insane so many are still having issues, completely inexcusable.
I for the first time since i got ap's back in 2000 have downgraded to select. I don't park hop or really use photopass that much so it made sense to me, plus i get more days than with silver
Was able to renew online and go straight to the tapstiles for my first visit with the new pass, no issues

Is there anything we can do, legally? I have been super patient.. but .. like.. it's now January 2021. How can they get away with this? Our passes expired during the shut down, so we asked for refunds super early.
This is so frustrating.

I am honestly surprised that this isn't being reported in the news and that there aren't (that I know of) lawyers involved at this point. I think it would be beyond justified.

I come every once in a else to this thread and it's insane so many are still having issues, completely inexcusable.
I for the first time since i got ap's back in 2000 have downgraded to select. I don't park hop or really use photopass that much so it made sense to me, plus i get more days than with silver
Was able to renew online and go straight to the tapstiles for my first visit with the new pass, no issues

I totally agree. I personally did get my refund, but I also continue to check up on this thread periodically and this has all made me very hesitant to even want to get a pass again the future, and if I do, it will almost certainly be a lower tier one than I was at before. I have lost so much trust in Disney's handling of the situation, of our banking information (the "accidental" charges for the paid-monthly accounts after cancelling, plus other incorrect charges one of my close friends has been dealing with for months on end, etc.), of their IT systems, and of their communications.

Especially compared to how smoothly everything has been handled with my (much cheaper) Universal AP... Yeah, I'm just utterly disappointed and frustrated with Disney through all of this.

UPDATE again... Another 2+ months have passed without receiving my 2nd refund. I had a pass for myself, and my DD (age 13). Hers was refunded in October... Mine is still not refunded.

After several VERY frustrating e-mails to the 'VIP passholder' email address in which they wouldn't even look at my specific account I just spent about an hour on the phone with the VIP passholder line. The CM was very helpful, and I did not take out my exasperated frustration out on him as I know it's out of his control.

He was confused as to why my daughter's would have been processed but not mine. He was stating mine was showing as the extension. I explained both were on the same email cancellation. He spoke with the 'billing' dept, and said they are putting it back through. He could not give me a timeline or amount, and stated most requests are 6-8 or 8-10 weeks, but he said he hasn't seen my 'situation' in awhile.

As others have expressed in this thread it is mind-boggling that a multi-billion dollar company like Disney has failed so miserably with this process for their 'most valued' guests. They would have served us all better to give us an option to 'pause' our passes.

Update #(I've lost count)...Called again Sunday, actually got through to a live person within a few minutes. She saw my call from 12/13, but did not see where anything had moved along in the process, and they are advising people to not even call back until it's been 4 weeks. I said well, it's actually been since August. She replied that she understood that, but my call on 12/13 was really going in as if it was the first call. I reiterated that refund requests were made for BOTH passes via the ONE link sent to me by Disney, and that one had processed October 1st, and the other still has not. She said 'Yes it was our mistake'. She then went on to say that the finance dept is a small one :confused3, and they could not have anticipated this. She said for me to wait 2 more weeks. Then she asked if I would mind holding while she tried to reach that dept, but they would tell her the same thing. I said sure. After 15 minutes on hold I hung up.... soooo.... we wait. She was much less helpful than the gentleman I spoke with on my last call.

This has me absolutely baffled...

Per the USPS delivery email I get telling we what’s coming in the mail for today...there appears to be something from Disney that might be my refund. Could it be? The end of this saga???? Almost six months of calls, emails, hair pulling, could my frustration END today? I will report back later this afternoon.

Per the USPS delivery email I get telling we what’s coming in the mail for today...there appears to be something from Disney that might be my refund. Could it be? The end of this saga???? Almost six months of calls, emails, hair pulling, could my frustration END today? I will report back later this afternoon.
Hope so for you..Only my , a month ago received, not DH received yet either..Hope for you..hope it’s not the Annual Dues Statement that we just received..they were capable of sending that out

Yep I think you are getting it. We have been on a similar timeline it seems and we got one of ours today.

Update for anyone following: I got my checks today!!!! All four of our checks, one made out to each of us (thought it was funny bc one was made out to my 8 year old’s nickname).
Just days ago they told me they hadn’t been processed and wouldn’t be any time soon, and they were in my mailbox today.
Hope this is some consolation for anyone else dealing with the frustrations.

I just popped in to see how everyone was doing...so happy to see that some of you are FINALLY getting your refunds! This saga has just been way too much. I'm still having a hard time getting excited about eventually returning to WDW at some point. So is anyone here still waiting?

I am still waiting... requested the partial refund back in early June. At first I was told September, then in early October I was told 8 weeks. Called back in early December and was told it was "elevated" and would be processed immediately. Called back on 12/28 and was finally told it was in queue to be processed today (1/8). I have little to no faith that it will be. So frustrating.

Thank Goodness I finally decided this morning to follow up on last phone call which was over a month ago..I received mine but DH hasn’t received his..For some UNKNOWN reason, they had an old address from a few years on his..they now have to void and reissue,,UUGH! Don’t understand because he properly received the partial refund, that one didn’t go to a very old adddress! Additionally, we are both slated to be issued refunds for Water Park Passes and they had to change the address on those too! Hopefully, we will eventually get them. They could not provide an ETA

With the maximum number of park reservations set at three for non-resort guest annual passholders, when can the rolling fourth reservation be selected? Is it as soon as the passholder enters the gate for the first park reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter