AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Well finally got the situation straightened out. It looks like they did refund my card and it hit about a week after the CM told me he saw it processed. I had been searching statements for "Disney". It didn't come through as a credit from Disney. It came through as a credit from "Epcot". I ended up getting $977 and some change back. Glad I can now put this to rest.

When searching your statements for credits....the $977 credit from 'Epcot" didn't ring a bell? I'm sure the CM's taking calls are also glad this is put to rest.

I feel badly writing this, after reading the last post from @MarBee . :( I sure hope you get results!!

We received our refund in September. I think it was September. Time has no meaning in 2020. Anyway, today, we phoned back at around 1:30pm EST to request to be added to the callback list to buy new annual passes. That's really all we wanted this whole year, was to freeze our AP's to when we eventually feel comfortable going back. Anyway, we surprisingly got a callback at 3:45pm today just a couple hours after being added to the callback list! We've now purchased our new AP's, and they're showing up in our MDE. The expiration date is Dec. 31st, 2030. We can activate our passes anytime before that date.

I'm sort of in shock by how smoothly (and quick) things went today, considering all the trouble so many people have had. I just wanted to share some positive news. Good luck, everyone!
That’s awesome. I was so excited I was able to buy a new pass today. I was sad to give it up

For any that have been able to purchase AP after cancelling previous passes, were you offered the renewal rate or new rate?

I decided to call again today as it had been about 3 weeks I believe since I last called... Was told that a check is in the process of being mailed out... This is after many different inaccurate updates I was given over the course of a dozen or so calls I have placed to Disney since September. Hopefully this update is actually correct this time. But still looking at weeks/months before I might see the check, but fingers crossed I was told accurate information this time.

New rate. We figured that if/when AP's go back up for sale for the general public, there will be a price increase. We wanted to beat it.

What is the cost of the new pass at the moment? PM me if you don't wish to post it.

Called today. Our request has been in the system since June for a refund for the days the park was closed. It hadn't been processed. The cast member on the phone spoke with the billing department while they waited and it's now supposedly been processed. OH, and allow 8-12 for it to post to our CC! She did say, based on what other callers have told, that it will likely say that it's from Epcot.

Waiting still. I did get an email response saying my refund was processed and “check in the mail”. Coming up on 8 months now. While we are heading to wdw mid-March I have no desire to even buy tickets/AP. We’ve been passholders for 25 years until now and not feeling the love. only going in March because my DVC banked points are expiring. Hopefully we will have our vaccine by then Or at least my husband will.

Waiting still. I did get an email response saying my refund was processed and “check in the mail”. Coming up on 8 months now. While we are heading to wdw mid-March I have no desire to even buy tickets/AP. We’ve been passholders for 25 years until now and not feeling the love. only going in March because my DVC banked points are expiring. Hopefully we will have our vaccine by then Or at least my husband will.
Totally get it..we have also been waiting and waiting..Not purchasing AP now either.

Totally get it..we have also been waiting and waiting..Not purchasing AP now either.

guess many of us are in the same boat. It’s really hard because I wanted to be understanding and patience, but now, I just want it over. Ugh.

Finally received ONE of our 2 checks. Separate water park refunds are supposedly scheduled also, we will see, that will be 2 more separate checks.
Hopefully, DH will be in mail today! FYI..Originally, they told me that DH would be receiving less, like $43 less because we didn't cancel his until 2 months later, since we thought that original e mail covered both of us, since both AP were purchased on the same transaction. Called and CM finally agreed this was incorrect..the first CM was incorrect and they supposedly are sending a separate check to reimburse for the error, so when all is said and done, including the Water Park Checks, we should receive a total of 5, including the check for the error.
So long story short, IF you suspect that one of your pass refunds is incorrect, follow up and persist..Its worth it!::yes::

I was excited and nervous to see my check scaned on my informed mail today. Of course when I went to the mail box, it didn’t get delivered. ugh. I was hoping to put this frustration behind me. Maybe tomorrow, unless it got mis-delivered to the wrong address (which would be my luck).

I hadn't stopped in on this thread for a while (nor the DIS very much since I'm still feeling like a jilted lover after the whole AP thing)...but anyway, I'm just so, so sad an angry to see some of you guys are STILL awaiting refunds! Holy cow! I really thought that everyone would have received their refunds by now. Ugh. Hugs to all!!!

I decided to call Disney today regarding the fact that my kids only received a small fraction of what my wife and I received for our refunds. All in all, in was a decent call. It turns out that my kids' refunds were just for the water park portion and a larger refund is being processed. The cast member I spoke to had to escalate the issue to get an answer, which sounded like it involved some kind of instant messaging to another department. Eventually, they were able to identify the issue and told me the remaining amount I would be receiving. They did say the standard "8 - 12 weeks", but also said it's possible that I may receive a call back from another department (billing, if I recall correctly) with a more specific time frame.

So, if you're still having issues or waiting on a refund, it doesn't hurt to call. It did take an hour (about 30 minutes waiting for a cast member and then another 30 minutes on the call). The cast member was friendly, so we talked about the parks while we waited for the escalation team to respond. I'm sure it's uncomfortable for them to have to fill the time while people wait for an answer. But, having the background of others' experiences from this thread helped set my expectations. Honestly, those expectations were low, but I ended the call pleasantly surprised and happy I was able to get the information I was looking for.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting on refunds. I was beginning to worry that they were done, but it sounds like things are still in the works and refunds are still being processed. So, if you haven't received anything or what you were expecting, there is still hope.

I was excited and nervous to see my check scaned on my informed mail today. Of course when I went to the mail box, it didn’t get delivered. ugh. I was hoping to put this frustration behind me. Maybe tomorrow, unless it got mis-delivered to the wrong address (which would be my luck).

just an update. As posted my check showed up in usps informed mail site, but not delivered. Waited another day and no checked. Ok, now I’m freaking out because I have to deal with a lost check. We tracked down our carrier who checked the mailboxes around ours and she found my check that ended up in another persons mailbox who had not picked up their mail for that last few days. My daughter said it was a Christmas miracle that it was found. After 8 months of waiting I guess I should’ve known it wouldn’t end quietly. So got my full refund of an un-activated gold renewal AP. I’m done and can’t believe I finally made it. Good luck to those still waiting. This was a very frustrating experience.

I guarantee thousands of people never see refunds. There is again no reason for all this. They can easily cut checks in the thousands if needed. Again multi billion dollar company like Amazon. Amazon does it all day long efficiently. Again u can’t tell me they don’t see thousands of returns per day.
No excuses. None.

I can’t wait to see how long it now takes me for my 8 day pass refund.

just an update. As posted my check showed up in usps informed mail site, but not delivered. Waited another day and no checked. Ok, now I’m freaking out because I have to deal with a lost check. We tracked down our carrier who checked the mailboxes around ours and she found my check that ended up in another persons mailbox who had not picked up their mail for that last few days. My daughter said it was a Christmas miracle that it was found. After 8 months of waiting I guess I should’ve known it wouldn’t end quietly. So got my full refund of an un-activated gold renewal AP. I’m done and can’t believe I finally made it. Good luck to those still waiting. This was a very frustrating experience.
A Christmas miracle indeed! 🎄Glad that the Safavid over for you!👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter