AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

So, after being on a call this week for 2 hours and me trying to reference a mid September phone call, the CM gave me different refund amounts for DH and me, versus what the CM said on my mid Sept call. So, the CM on my 2 hour call this week said we would be getting a check, not a refund to Visa, even though the Visa is still open and this is the one we used to purchase our Silver passes, my DH and I both purchased Silver passes in the same transaction. The problem is that when I received the e mail about refunds, I responded thinking that it was for the two of us, since we purchased two Silver passes on the same transaction, one for each of us. SO, we didn’t find out until Sept 13th that my DH pass was not cancelled only mine in July.
The first CM on Sept 13th gave me amounts to be expected for both of us, it was the SAME amount identically for both of us. Now after calling several times in between Sept 13th and a few days ago, the CMa few days ago said my amount would be substantially mire than my DH because I cancelled mid July and my husbands was not cancelled till mid September. I understand that many, like myself were not aware that EACH pass holder had to cancel even though both tickets were purchased together on the same transaction.
I was unaware that the refund is based upon the date of cancellation? Another words because my DH pass was cancelled mid September his is substantially less. This information that this CM gave me was contradictory to the information that the CM gave me on a phone call in Sept, that being that my DH and me would be receiving identical amounts.
Does the information that the 2nd CM gave me about the refund is based upon theDATE of cancellation???:confused3:confused3Whenever used our passes at all, did not enter any parks since they were closed due to Covid.
Any help would be appreciated!
TIA!

Looking over our own experience with this AP refund debacle and reading what some have detailed here, it really is starting to feel deliberate. In some families cases where you’re talking several thousand dollars, yes I do believe a class action is warranted. This is November! They have mislead, misdirected and stalled the process long enough.

In trying to follow up with them in writing I got another vague email that they are working on it. They can't tell when how much or even an estimate of the number of weeks this time. Their excuse is that the volume of refund requests is higher than they expected. It is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Just received an email response to my most recent query that was an obvious form letter. The email made reference to dates that have already long since past. Further, it said that if passes have disappeared from MDE then this means that refund is being processed and should arrive in next 1-2 business cycles. Ours disappeared months ago. There was no attempt to look into our particular situation - zero. These kind of responses serve to only frustrate more.

They have told us they can’t email out any of their notes. What a bunch of crap. Also, they say they can’t get a transaction number for the credit card refund. As someone who was in customer service for years and years, I don’t see how that’s possible. My husband has now been on the phone with them for 3 1/2 hours today and still going and no closer to an answer.

I don’t have the notes I just have the conversation which states what they have been telling me. So it’s on record they owe me and the whole time line and now it keeps changing.

Just received an email response to my most recent query that was an obvious form letter. The email made reference to dates that have already long since past. Further, it said that if passes have disappeared from MDE then this means that refund is being processed and should arrive in next 1-2 business cycles. Ours disappeared months ago. There was no attempt to look into our particular situation - zero. These kind of responses serve to only frustrate more.

mine disappeared in April so that’s a bunch of bull.

And, not to rub salt in your wounds, but just to give information and possible hope, I can see my remainder of pass refund in my Informed Delivery today.

I have already received the 'closed' period refund back in July. I made the decision to ask for the remainder refund in August through the email we received asking to choose keep or refund, 1st or 2nd week in August.

Had a Gold DVC which had an original expiry of Nov 6, 2020. Will let you know what I get. Caught up on this thread since last reading in early November and see no other refunds in the last couple of weeks. Mine was upgraded from a hopper and used gift cards to pay the upgrade amount. And, I've only called once back in May when they announced refunds or extensions the first time. However, I had 3 trips on that AP, paid about $675 total, so not as upset as most of you have good reason to be, based on multiple passes with thousands of dollars at stake for some of you. Hopefully the floodgates have opened and all refunds are coming for everyone.

I can see my two refunds in my USPS notification today, too. I reached out to them Nov. 3 and they said soon. Two weeks is soon. Glad I’m receiving it now, but kinda crushed they never gave an option to pause until we could return. Foolish on their part.

I can see my two refunds in my USPS notification today, too. I reached out to them Nov. 3 and they said soon. Two weeks is soon. Glad I’m receiving it now, but kinda crushed they never gave an option to pause until we could return. Foolish on their part.
I see mine, too. I haven't contacted them at all, so hopefully everyone will start seeing them now.

I see a refund in my mail today too. I’m dreading to find out. Out of 6 of us, I’m still waiting fir my husband’s 2 refunds. One small one for about 6 weeks and a full one for an unused renewal certificate. We really need that $650 renewal refund. We’ve started the process SEVEN months ago and this is ridiculous that it’s taking this long. I’ll post back in a couple of hours. But considering 2020, I don’t feel optimistic.

How are you all able to see what’s coming in the mail in advance? Is it a premium service from USPS?

Does anyone know the answer to the general question does the refund amount depend upon when you responded to the e mail about intention to cancel?? :confused3 :confused3 Two different CMs gave me conflicting information, first one said my husbands refund and mine would be identical and the second CM said that my husbands would be lower because his was cancelled about 2 months later, even though we both didn’t use the pass at all since reopening for Covid. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Latest update... after five hours and forty minutes, they said they will “escalate it” and then they had the gall to ask if there was anything else they could do for us. My husband said “You haven’t done anything except read back the notes I just told you”. The very last one he was connected to said there’s no one on earth who can fix this for us. Then he disconnected my husband. His name was Santiago. Is anyone interested in a class action lawsuit? At this point it’s the principle.
I had contact a few months back with Santiago. We asked them to extend our passes for our rescheduled trip, but we were told they could only extend them to the end of this year. That doesn't do us any good, since our trip was moved from May 20 to May 21. Santiago was nice enough, but couldn't help us at all. We have since requested a refund and cancelled our passes and we haven't gotten any refund. I have emailed a half dozen times with no real update received.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter