AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

So we renewed our AP in October 2019 over the phone but thanks to 2020 being all 2020 we haven’t been to WDW as of yet (and we probably will not get there until April of ‘21. What happens? That money is lost and I just renew again? I also need to upgrade my pass to Platinum from Gold.

If you haven't been on your renewals yet, you should be able to apply the full purchase to a new annual pass in April. Assuming they have started selling new APs by then.

So we renewed our AP in October 2019 over the phone but thanks to 2020 being all 2020 we haven’t been to WDW as of yet (and we probably will not get there until April of ‘21. What happens? That money is lost and I just renew again? I also need to upgrade my pass to Platinum from Gold.
I’d probably call for a refund. The nuance is we don’t know when they’ll start selling APs again, but the cost of two Gold renewals goes pretty far in park tickets for your April 21 trip.

I have never ever heard of a company running a business like this. How much do I get back. And when. “ ahhh mhhh I don’t know and you get it whenever”
It’s literally pathetic.
How many thousands of returns does say amazon process in a day and refunds are quick. The we have soooo sooo many to process doesn’t fly with me. It did back in April and may but now. No way. World is back to work. Get it done.

100% agree with you. Excusable a few months ago, now, not so much. In this amount to time they should have been able to onboard reallocated staff and write some code to handle the process much more efficiently and accurately.

This whole thing has so badly eroded our perception of Disney, so disappointing.

I don’t think this works - the clock starts ticking immediately on a renewed annual pass.

That's only true if you purchase in person. If you renew online then you receive a renewal voucher which isn't activated until first use. The start date is at the end of the last AP no matter when you activate it, however.

EDIT: Maybe this is not true for all APs, so ymmv. I still think under the current conditions if you have a renewal that is completely unused it is likely that Disney will allow an upgrade of that renewal to a new pass once they start selling again. (If they do)

In other news, my DH received a Tink magnet today. It's in his name only, not the household, so maybe I'll get one too. 8-)

Last edited:

That's only true if you purchase in person. If you renew online then you receive a renewal voucher which isn't activated until first use. The start date is at the end of the last AP no matter when you activate it, however.
I've yet to figure out the how or why of it, but I've been renewing online for as long as that option has existed, and I've never received a voucher, digital or otherwise. I've done monthly payments some years, paid-in-full other years, and it made no difference. Once I renew, I see the new expiration date in MDE and that's it: no mention of a voucher. I'd love to know why some get a voucher and others don't!

I've yet to figure out the how or why of it, but I've been renewing online for as long as that option has existed, and I've never received a voucher, digital or otherwise. I've done monthly payments some years, paid-in-full other years, and it made no difference. Once I renew, I see the new expiration date in MDE and that's it: no mention of a voucher. I'd love to know why some get a voucher and others don't!

That's interesting. Do you not have to get your new pass activated when you first use it? We have always had to. Maybe it is because we purchase DVC Gold passes which have to be verified?

In other news, my DH received a Tink magnet today. It's in his name only, not the household, so maybe I'll get one too. 8-)
I’m confused - if the start (and end) date is fixed, why does it matter whether the pass is activated?

I’m confused - if the start (and end) date is fixed, why does it matter whether the pass is activated?

From my experience, if I have an AP voucher in my account I can move it to another person in my account, and it would still be able to be upgraded. It is not "officially" a ticket until I get to the gate and have it activated.

That's interesting. Do you not have to get your new pass activated when you first use it? We have always had to. Maybe it is because we purchase DVC Gold passes which have to be verified?
Nope, I just waltz in and scan my MB or AP card - I've had the same AP card for about 3 years now lol! Mine is a FL Resident AP, sometimes Silver, sometimes Gold. So weird!

My original AP expired in June was extended until Nov 1, if I renew what would be the expiration date? Anybody have any idea when they might start selling AP again?

Still no magnet, but I do get my MBs today for our trip in 3 weeks. Maybe the magnet will come too!!

My original AP expired in June was extended until Nov 1, if I renew what would be the expiration date? Anybody have any idea when they might start selling AP again?
If the current expiration date is Nov 1, the renewal would expire Nov 1 of the following year.

My understanding (and I am no authority on it) based on things I have read and seen is that if you want the discounted renewal price then your new AP starts when the current one expires. Cannot change that. But say you buy an AP voucher from Sam's or Costco, then you have to activate that one. Pricing is strange in a way because if you online renew then the price is the price. Sometimes you can get the vouchers at discounted prices. I am not sure of how long you have to activate a voucher but will share a story I read once. Seems a couple that loved WDW was retiring and received a large severance package. They proceeded to buy something like 20 AP vouchers and would activate them only at times when they would have multiple trips in a 12 month period. In order to take their kids as well they bought multiple multi day passes as well. Not sure if this was before or after you had to pay extra for non expiring ones. Basically when they had the money the prepaid for years of tickets. Wish I would have thought of this several years ago when prices were cheaper.

We always do renewal until year. We always have to activate in person because we are DVC and they always want to see that DVC card and ID. However, this year Disney offered me a full refund on my husbands renewal after he canceled his DVC gold AP. Still waiting for that refund.

November 1 would be new expiration date. Only renewals are being sold right now. No indication on when APs will be sold, on a non renewal basis.

I have been trying to follow this thread, but just to confirm, my understanding is that paid-in-full AP holders who elected to cancel their APs and receive a refund through the email link prior to August 11: (I) have not yet received their refunds, and (II) are still seeing their APs in MDE. If I’ve missed something and people in the above category have received refunds, please let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter