AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I have been trying to follow this thread, but just to confirm, my understanding is that paid-in-full AP holders who elected to cancel their APs and receive a refund through the email link prior to August 11: (I) have not yet received their refunds, and (II) are still seeing their APs in MDE. If I’ve missed something and people in the above category have received refunds, please let me know!
Correct and correct for my family. Still waiting...

Soooooo through months of emails and phone calls, and never getting the same answer... I was hoping I left it with Disney that we wanted a refund for the months they were closed but didn't want to cancel our passes since we're hopefully going in December. My husband and I both got checks in the mail today. Our passes, on MDE, have expirations of May 2021... it was originally December 2020 expiration. I hope my passes will work in December because my faith in Disney IT, etc isn't all that. Thoughts? Dare I spend a day on hold to confirm my passes will work?

I asked for the partial refund in Mayfor 3 DVC Gold passes and got a little check for $195 the other day. I've been trying to figure out what it's for (just one pass or all 3) and keep getting transferred around to series of prompts. The first guy wasn't sure -- told me they deduct value for every time it was used (??). I asked for clarification on that and he "escalated" me, which apparently meant the DL AP monthly payment plan queue. After answering prompts there, that guy asked me about the monthly plan about 12 times before I asked him to stop asking me the same thing and then transferred me back to the original prompts. I'm now on hold again for the next winning agent. What an incompetent disaster this whole thing is.

I know these are "unprecedented times" but this is also unprecedented incompetence. These calculations simply are not that difficult, and there has been plenty of time to establish a process to resolve everyone's pass. Maybe they could have used some of the time they spent raising prices on mediocre food to work on this.

I'm on hold yet again but am not very confident based on what I've been reading in this thread. I wish I had just cancelled the stupid things in the first place; then I wouldn't be in this mess.

I asked for the partial refund in Mayfor 3 DVC Gold passes and got a little check for $195 the other day. I've been trying to figure out what it's for (just one pass or all 3) and keep getting transferred around to series of prompts. The first guy wasn't sure -- told me they deduct value for every time it was used (??). I asked for clarification on that and he "escalated" me, which apparently meant the DL AP monthly payment plan queue. After answering prompts there, that guy asked me about the monthly plan about 12 times before I asked him to stop asking me the same thing and then transferred me back to the original prompts. I'm now on hold again for the next winning agent. What an incompetent disaster this whole thing is.

I know these are "unprecedented times" but this is also unprecedented incompetence. These calculations simply are not that difficult, and there has been plenty of time to establish a process to resolve everyone's pass. Maybe they could have used some of the time they spent raising prices on mediocre food to work on this.

I'm on hold yet again but am not very confident based on what I've been reading in this thread. I wish I had just cancelled the stupid things in the first place; then I wouldn't be in this mess.
you can still cancel the passes

I know these are "unprecedented times" but this is also unprecedented incompetence. These calculations simply are not that difficult, and there has been plenty of time to establish a process to resolve everyone's pass.

Well said and the bold made me laugh. I have to think someone pretty savvy with Excel could have figured out the refund algorithm.

I sort of envisioned these types of scenarios from the onset and knew cancelling our AP's was the right course of action. This was an exercise in persistence and avoiding deflection techniques by Disney.

Sorry you're going through this now.

Well said and the bold made me laugh. I have to think someone pretty savvy with Excel could have figured out the refund algorithm.

I sort of envisioned these types of scenarios from the onset and knew cancelling our AP's was the right course of action. This was an exercise in persistence and avoiding deflection techniques by Disney.

Sorry you're going through this now.
I'll do it real quick here. 117 day closure. 366 days in 2020 (leap year). So: Refund = Pass price * 117 / 366

Done.

On-hold update: I did the online chat and the chat agent had some actual knowledge. She explained clearly that I'd get one refund check per pass, that the expiration dates should have been updated (which they weren't), and that I should remain on hold for the specific information. So, some progress perhaps. On the bright side, I am on my 3rd round of kitchen cabaret and have been told 8 times that these songs are available on streaming platforms. I guess I can buy stuff even while on hold now. Great.

UPDATE @ 4:16pm (CDT): Kitchen cabaret playing for the 4th time now.

UPDATE @ 4:24pm: Got an agent with a short circuit in her mic or headset and could only hear every 4th word. Hung up. 1 hour, 25 minutes on the phone total. Nothing but the best, Disney. Thanks again for the experience. I guess this is the real life representation of the Chapek passholder valuation algorithm.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'll do it real quick here. 117 day closure. 366 days in 2020 (leap year). So: Refund = Pass price * 117 / 366

Done.

On-hold update: I did the online chat and the chat agent had some actual knowledge. She explained clearly that I'd get one refund check per pass, that the expiration dates should have been updated (which they weren't), and that I should remain on hold for the specific information. So, some progress perhaps. On the bright side, I am on my 3rd round of kitchen cabaret and have been told 8 times that these songs are available on streaming platforms. I guess I can buy stuff even while on hold now. Great.

UPDATE @ 4:24pm: Got an agent with a short circuit in her mic or headset and could only hear every 4th word. Hung up. 1 hour, 25 minutes on the phone total. Nothing but the best, Disney. Thanks again for the experience. I guess this is the real life representation of the Chapek passholder valuation algorithm.

I'll try again tomorrow.
My understanding is that you can only get the full refund at this point, not the partial refund you calculate above, but of course who knows...

Done.

I'll try again tomorrow.
At least you haven't lost your sense of humor! Best of luck in your next go-round.

My understanding is that you can only get the full refund at this point, not the partial refund you calculate above, but of course who knows...

I'm pretty sure they only refund the time you didn't use, still. NOW it's a cancelation; previously they offered to refund the 117 days they were closed in lieu of the extension. Apparently executive management hasn't recalled their on-staff mathematician yet so I was trying to help.

At least you haven't lost your sense of humor! Best of luck in your next go-round.

I think I'm going to just wait another couple of weeks and see if checks for the other 2 passes come in. The one check does appear to be approximately(ish) the gold renewal price prorated plus some tax. Honestly, anywhere in the ballpark is fine at this point. Anything to not have to call back.:o

I have been trying to follow this thread, but just to confirm, my understanding is that paid-in-full AP holders who elected to cancel their APs and receive a refund through the email link prior to August 11: (I) have not yet received their refunds, and (II) are still seeing their APs in MDE. If I’ve missed something and people in the above category have received refunds, please let me know!
Some of us have gotten our refunds. Last I checked, our AP's were still showing in MDE.

My APs were removed from my MDE after I called to cancel them in the spring, but I still have not received a refund. Are others experiencing this long of a wait too? I canceled via phone in May.

Our DD got checks for her and husband's partial refunds two weeks apart. Funny thing is , I paid for their AP renewals with our CC.
I got the refunds for the kids APs that were upgraded at park. Also paid on our CC. DD called in early June. Kids refund was over a month ago, DD about 2 weeks and DSIL a few days ago.

I called in early Aug to cancelled our APS and are still waiting.

Canceled my pass on August 1st. Still haven't received a refund on my card or a check in the mail. I keep checking my CC statement weekly. Just a bunch of charges, no credits. :)

Guess it’s time to call again. Put in my request for refunds 5 months ago and knew it would not start until parks reopened, but really would like to resolve this before the next phase of refunds begin.

Was it a partial refund

yes for the initial closed period. I got partial refund, and we got them for daughter, son-in-law and both granddaughters between June-July. But husband never got his. I’ve called 3 times since April and have confirmed the request was entered on April 28th. it was for March 16 to April 28th when his card expired on April 28th. But I called when his expired card got extended and the cm didn’t know why that happened. they also marked his renewal certificate for a full refund back in April and told me I would get that refund as soon as the parks reopened (the CM offered that since we were not going to renew anymore) and chose the partial refund instead of the extension.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!