AP holders separate line at all 4 parks?

I used the Passholder lines last month and sometimes they saved time, other times the regular lines were just as short. One thing I wanted to mention is that there was even a dedicated line at the IG entrance to Epcot when I was there. Don't know if that's an everyday thing or not.

How do they even know if you are an AP? Can they code the tapstiles to only read APs like the do the special event tickets?

I really think it's an honor system since non-AP holders can go through the same line if they're with an AP holder.

I really think it's an honor system since non-AP holders can go through the same line if they're with an AP holder.

That means sadly once it gets out that it is honor system the lines will get just as long with people skipping into then.

We were there around Presidents' Day and they asked to see your plastic card or were checking for the annual pass magic band slider. I will have to say early in the morning this was a life saver!! There were a lot of tour groups and I swear they were following us everywhere. We breezed right through every time but they were check g credentials.

During my trip at the end of January, the AP line was only a help when the cast members didn't let non-AP holders in the line, which was rare.

We were there around Presidents' Day and they asked to see your plastic card or were checking for the annual pass magic band slider. I will have to say early in the morning this was a life saver!! There were a lot of tour groups and I swear they were following us everywhere. We breezed right through every time but they were check g credentials.

I am an annual pass holder and don't have either of those, luckily I have never had an issue using the AP entrance but I would be very disappointed if I was denied access for not having an "optional" slider or card.

For some reason only two of the three of us got the slider in the first place and I find it uncomfortable so I wouldn't wear it anyway and the cards are discontinued so I hope this was a random thing.

I am an annual pass holder and don't have either of those, luckily I have never had an issue using the AP entrance but I would be very disappointed if I was denied access for not having an "optional" slider or card.

For some reason only two of the three of us got the slider in the first place and I find it uncomfortable so I wouldn't wear it anyway and the cards are discontinued so I hope this was a random thing.

They'll just scan your MB prior to the turnstile with a handheld scanner. This is what they did with us at Epcot at 8am for 9am entrance. Using the AP entrance we actually were allowed in an hour early along with ADR guests

That was going to be my question. I travel with my DD who does not have an AP so I was wondering if we could enter together through the AP line. It certainly wouldn't have been a big deal if we couldn't but its nice to know the option is there.

At Epcot they scanned the MBs to make sure you are an AP before using the turnstiles, but at the other parks they don't.

The time before that we saw several people try to use the line without an AP and the CMS proceeded to direct them to a different line.

Sometimes though, the AP line is longer than the other lines, but I like it since it makes me feel like a VIP. :)

That was going to be my question. I travel with my DD who does not have an AP so I was wondering if we could enter together through the AP line. It certainly wouldn't have been a big deal if we couldn't but its nice to know the option is there.

You should take a look at the AP line from afar before going there. They very well could be scanning or asking to see an AP card to verify it's only AP's going through.

If their not, your daughter could very well go through..but look beforehand because it is indeed only intended for AP holders

You should take a look at the AP line from afar before going there. They very well could be scanning or asking to see an AP card to verify it's only AP's going through.

If their not, your daughter could very well go through..but look beforehand because it is indeed only intended for AP holders

OK, good to know.

To be honest, after reading through this thread it doesn't seem like its a huge time saver the majority of the time anyways.

Now if there was an AP only line through security/bag checks, that could be another story. :-)

I had to laugh because this issue came up on a vlog I was watching yesterday (can't remember which one now) but as they were approaching the entrance to Epcot they commented about the AP only line and then made a comment that it made no sense - NONE of the other turnstiles had lines EXCEPT the AP line which was at least 2-3 times longer than all the other lines. It makes me wonder if some people think they can ONLY use those lines if they are an AP holder, because, like the vlogger asked, why would someone wait in the AP line if it is longer than all the others?

I had to laugh because this issue came up on a vlog I was watching yesterday (can't remember which one now) but as they were approaching the entrance to Epcot they commented about the AP only line and then made a comment that it made no sense - NONE of the other turnstiles had lines EXCEPT the AP line which was at least 2-3 times longer than all the other lines. It makes me wonder if some people think they can ONLY use those lines if they are an AP holder, because, like the vlogger asked, why would someone wait in the AP line if it is longer than all the others?

I still haven't used the line, it's always the longest line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter