AP holders separate line at all 4 parks?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
My parents are annual pass holders & headed to WDW next week.

I heard they piloted an AP only line at all 4 theme parks in December.

Is this still in effect?

If so, is there anything special I should tell them about it?

Thanks!

My parents are annual pass holders & headed to WDW next week.

I heard they piloted an AP only line at all 4 theme parks in December.

Is this still in effect?

If so, is there anything special I should tell them about it?

Yes and it's obvious. After you get through security just look to each side and you'll see a high up sign and usually some sort of "barrier" that also says passholder entrance. It wont be the just follow the crowd in front of you and off to the side. (exception is international gateway, it's to the right and it's such a small area you can't really tell it's there until your past bag check and already in line for the metal detector).

to be honest, unless it's rope drop or the start of a ticketed event I've never made it to it. There is just an empty line on the way or it's a longer line. Also keep in mind young children and seniors have trouble with fingerprint scanners (it's how they work, not them) so they take 3 times longer to get past it if you see a line of all adults and a short ap line with multiple children, the adult line will get through faster.

There could be times its worth it but the majority of the times I've entered since that AP holder line has been implemented I think once it felt like the line saved me time.Just last night I went into MK and the AP holder line had like 10+ in line while the other lines were 2-3 people max.Maybe people think since they're pass holders that's the only one they can use??

Thanks! My parents are wondering if its worth going through in the morning when the park opens?

Thanks! My parents are wondering if its worth going through in the morning when the park opens?
some times the line is faster some times it is slower you just have to see what it looks like that time that you go.

When I was there earlier this month, at rope drop, they did not usually have the AP line open until the masses had cleared out.

It must vary - I had the opposite experience. Epcot one morning had all lines 15-20 people deep, I noticed the AP line and was the third or fourth party in line. Since everyone in front of me was an adult with (presumably) scanner experience, the line flew.

In general, it was useful more often than not - but like anything else, it's worth making a judgement call in the moment.

It must vary - I had the opposite experience. Epcot one morning had all lines 15-20 people deep, I noticed the AP line and was the third or fourth party in line. Since everyone in front of me was an adult with (presumably) scanner experience, the line flew.

In general, it was useful more often than not - but like anything else, it's worth making a judgement call in the moment.
I had the same experience in early February. It was very helpful and faster using the AP lines. Especially at Epcot.

I was down this past week and used it. at my HS day someone came up to the CM and said they were AP holder and they had two friends with them that were not and asked if there friends could come in line with them the CM said yes. Not sure if this was a nice CM if this is always the case, but I thought I would let you guys know. I will be down at the end of April with 2 people with out an AP so I might try this with them to see if it works

DW and I stopped by Epcot yesterday to wander around Flower and Garden. We arrived just after 10am, in the midst of the morning crush. We found the Passholders Line, all the way on the right this time, and walked right up to the tapstiles.

The current Mickey Monitor says the Passholder Lines will be around "through May".

I was down this past week and used it. at my HS day someone came up to the CM and said they were AP holder and they had two friends with them that were not and asked if there friends could come in line with them the CM said yes. Not sure if this was a nice CM if this is always the case, but I thought I would let you guys know. I will be down at the end of April with 2 people with out an AP so I might try this with them to see if it works

When I was there in January/February, I asked a CM at one of the Passholder lines and they said that as long as one person was an AP, then they could bring those traveling with them, even if they were not AP members. It was just my cousin and I and I seemed to take longer than her to get through so no hold up from extra person. If this was available on my next trip, I doubt I would have used it much as there will be times there will be 7 of us at once.

The AP line is very helpful at certain times, but if it's mid day and parks aren't too busy with people coming it won't really save you a whole lot of time, but it can be very helpful in the mornings and evenings

We were there last week, and vast majority of the time at all 4 parks the passholder line saved us time. The only time we didn't use it was when we had to go through the line for the after hours event.

End of February at Epcot around noon there was an ap line all the way to the right. It was sort of roped off. My husband and I have APS as does our 5 year old, plus a 2 year old in tow. The cm stopped us at the ropes to ask if we're pass holders and proceeded to pull out her scanner to "check" me. Then let in a couple behind us without even asking them if they were. I'm not sure if it's random or if we just look like we're not pass holders but I felt kind of weird about it. Not enough to say anything or let it affect my day but its got me thinking about it now 2 weeks later.

How do they even know if you are an AP? Can they code the tapstiles to only read APs like the do the special event tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter