AP discounts -I know a CM

I spoke with a cm today and she said to start looking for general public rates to be advertised in paper after may 5th.

So ap and florida residents must be coming out soon.

I'm personally waiting for general public because I don't have ap and I'm not a florida res.

Originally posted by Boardwalk Tigger
You may want to buy one AP, that's all it takes to get the room discount. You will save a bundle;)
Me and DH been really thinking about it but not sure If I'll be using it again this year after our trip in September. This will be our first time staying on concierge level (heard so many great things about concierge just had to give it a try:teeth: we are booked right now with aaa rate but the total cost of the room is still ridiculous.) So I guess it may make since if we will save more money if just one of us gets it

Hi Mag,

It depends on what hotel you want to stay in. The last time I booked an AP rate I saved at least $700 so spending a little more on the AP saved us so much it didn't matter if we came back. You also get to use it for dining discounts which we also used. Just a thought:)

Do AP rates usually coincide with postcard dates?

I hope it doesn't, my trip is from 8/21-8/31, and I was hoping for a discount for the entire stay. I have heard from a few others that the rates could actually go through October. Hope this is true. Didn't the FTP last summer go through the end of October?

Originally posted by hulabird
I hope it doesn't, my trip is from 8/21-8/31, and I was hoping for a discount for the entire stay. I have heard from a few others that the rates could actually go through October. Hope this is true. Didn't the FTP last summer go through the end of October?

hulabird, if your stay begins on a day with a code, you get to keep that code for your whole stay (unless you switch resorts on the day the rate changes, am I making that clear as mud?)

For instance, you state your stay 8/21-8/31... if the code ends on 8/28, your rate would still be the discounted rate, as long as you have one continuous res.::yes:: Or, on the other hand, if you split your stay, and your second res. started on 8/27 or earlier, you would still keep the code rate. WDW is great that way, whatever rate you check in with, you get to keep!:sunny:

Just wanted to let you all know that I received a postcard that says the following:

"For $538* per adult (based on double occupancy), you'll get a seven or more night stay as well as our Ultimate Park Hopper Ticket that gives you admission to all four Theme Parks and more. This rate is available most nights 7/5/04 to 8/28/04. The number of packages available at this price is limited though, so be sure and book soon!"

I am also wondering if perhaps this postcard is an indication of the dates of the upcoming discounts. I would really prefer to go in September, so I hope I'm wrong.

This postcard came only a few weeks after I requested a Disney Vacation Planning Guide.

What is the deal with those postcards? I have requested the planning video a couple of times and never got one...I wonder if they only send them to US addresses? Is there a code on them or do you have to show the postcard when you check in? Is that rate that you quoted from your postcard better than the AP rate will be or the Canadian at Par for anyon who has used that?

Thanks,

Beth

The postcards have a pin number high lighted in blue or yellow over your name. When you call CRO you have to give them the pin number, so you can't share the code with others.

How Disney picks who gets the postcards is anyone's guess. After my first trip in August 2001, I hit the postcard jackpot. They were coming in like crazy. Of course I couldn't use any.

One of my student's mother wants to take her to Disney. She called the spanish line to get info and two weeks later she had a postcard.

We stand a better chance of getting a discount with a general code than we do with a postcard.

For those who have received the post card... it says $538 per adult, I think someone said for value resorts. I was wondering if anyone had called about the offer and got a price for adding kids.

k&a&c'smom--

Thanks for that info!!!!!! That makes me really happy!!!!
:bounce:

You learn something new every day here on the DIS.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Does anyone know if you booked your trip and then they come out with discount packages or something of the sort, can I adjust my reservation or am I stuck? I'm going the end of August.

Yes, you can call and have them apply the code or package to your reservation as long as there is availability. I have booked at rack rate and if and when a code comes out I will call CRO to apply it to my current ressie.

Originally posted by k&a&c'smom
hulabird, if your stay begins on a day with a code, you get to keep that code for your whole stay (unless you switch resorts on the day the rate changes, am I making that clear as mud?)

For instance, you state your stay 8/21-8/31... if the code ends on 8/28, your rate would still be the discounted rate, as long as you have one continuous res.::yes:: Or, on the other hand, if you split your stay, and your second res. started on 8/27 or earlier, you would still keep the code rate. WDW is great that way, whatever rate you check in with, you get to keep!:sunny:

I'm not sure that's the case. I know that's how it works as far as seasons go. (If you check in on the last day of value season, you keep that rate into the new season)

But I think with AP rates, you have to secure it for each night of your stay. I thought I remembered reading about people who only were able to apply it to some of their stay because other nights were sold out.

k&a&c'smom, I don't mean any offense, I've just heard conflicting reports. Does anyone know anything further?

But I think with AP rates, you have to secure it for each night of your stay. I thought I remembered reading about people who only were able to apply it to some of their stay because other nights were sold out.
If you check in on the last night of AP rates, you can extend the AP rate as far as you want. As long as there is availability of course. It doesn't matter that they aren't available for those particular dates, the rate you have a check-in can be extended into another "season". I've personally done this at least twice, and never had a problem. Now, there might be availibility problems, that's a different story. If you call as soon as AP rates are released, there shouldn't be a problem.

Whatever season you are in, regardless of the discount, the rate remains the same throughout your stay. The only place this is different is with the DVC, where you use your points for each day and the amounts needed can change with the seasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter