AP Discount vs Magic Your Way Pkgs?

aubriee said:
Due to 1 day tickets being so much more expensive comparatively to the 5+ day tickets, it winds up being more expensive. With taxes included: one day base ticket is $63.64 (63.64 x 4= $254.56) and 6 day tickets with plus pack is 247.10 (247.10 x 3= $741.30) for a total of $995.85. Seven day MYW tickets with tax with plus pack are $248.16 (248.16 x 4= $992.64), plus I would have a $248.16 7 day MYW with plus pack ticket left over, whereas the other way I would only have a $63.64 one day MYW base ticket left over.

I didn't plan on renewing my AP after it expires in January, so this way I would have the 7 day MYW with plus pack to use for a trip after my AP expires or for that matter if I did decide to renew my AP, then I could just apply the extra unused 7 day MYW pass ticket to my new AP and have $247.10 already paid toward my AP renewal (instead of the $63.64 the 1 day base ticket is worth as a trade-in).

In other words it would cost $3.21 less to by four 7 day MYW tickets with plus pack than it would to buy four 1 day base tickets and three 6 day MYW tickets with plus pack and at the end I would still have a $248.16 7 day ticket with five pluses instead of a 1 day base ticket. Using my AP instead of the extra 7 day ticket means I would have a 7 day MYW with plus pack ($248.16) left over at the end (instead of a $63.64 one day base ticket) that I could use next year if I don't renew my AP or to apply to the AP if I do renew it. So it would be cheaper by $187.73.
difference of 248.16 (7 day MYW) - 63.64 (1 day Base)= 184.52
184.52 + 3.21 = $187.73
Does this make sense?

Okay just got some Tylenol because now my head hurts, LOL. I guess if you weren't going to renew your pass it's a better deal for you. I know I'm always going to get a new pass and this way I'm just pre-paying a portion of it. 187.83 is a great savings.

BUT, wouldn't you be able to upgrade the 2 1 day passes to a 7 day? I know you can upgrade passes individually. What I'm asking is that after you got there couldn't you just tell them that you wanted 2 of the 1 day passes to be uprgraded to the 7 day plus & they would use the $63.xx towards that. That way you wouldn't have to lay out the money for the 7 day pass for you now because you already have an AP. So you wouldn't be buying a 1 day pass PLUS a 6 day you'd be using the price of a 1 day towards your purchase of the 7 day. Do you follow? Boy, my head hurts even more now!! :rotfl2:

Elise

i am SOOOOOOOOOOOO lost. oh my god, i just asked a question about this a few min. ago. we always book room sep. and buy 6 - 7 day park hopper. now they have to go and change everything................we have been going every year, but we really arnt supposed to be going this year..........of course i am getting nervous , and been checking our prices. we usually go aroun 20 or a little after in August, sometimes into Sept. i am so lost with all this new stuff.........maybe ill try to call hotel tmr. see if they still have any FREE dining. but , you only PAY for 1 DAY PASS and i would get 7 days of FREE FOOD, i know per person.........but that SOUNDS to GOOD to be TRUE.....sorry if it sounds stupid..............and i remember the summer with the pay for 5 and get 7, WOW that summer it was MOBBED.......more than all the AUGUST trips we made.........i mean PACKED>>>>>>>>>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter