AP bridging online?

Ariel620

DIS Veteran
If AP ever go on sale again, I hope to bridge my 8D PH tickets to a DVC sorcerers pass. I already paid for the 8D PH tickets, so I would like to use that credit towards the pass. I think it used to be the case (many years ago) that you couldn't bridge tickets in advance (you had to do it in person at guest services). However, I think I remember reading that people were able to do it in advance now. If so, can I do it online or would it have to be on the phone (maybe on the phone since I want the DVC only socerers pass)? I really want to get the AP the day they go on sale in case they sell out fast, and I don't live in FL, so won't be able to go in person to bridge, so I hope I can bridge online or phone.

The way it works now, to purchase a DVC Sorcerer AP over the phone, you have to call Member Services so that they can verify your eligibility (as a blue card member). Then they transfer you to the Ticketing/Passholder office to pay for the AP and complete the transaction. The Ticketing office should be able to see your 8D PH tickets and then use that value as a credit towards the purchase of the AP, as long as those 8D PH tickets are linked to you in your MDE and haven't been used.

Again, that's the way it works now. Whether it will work the same when new APs are on sale again, I can't say. Good luck, and may new APs return soon!

FYI… it’s not referred to as “bridging” anymore, which had implied possibly getting a larger credit (current value of the ticket you have), The credit you receive will be the value of the ticket at the time you bought it, even if ticket prices have increased since then.

You can do it on MDE app after you've used your ticket but not before
You can try as mentioned above to call and do it on the phone. If they first CS agent you get says you can't do it, I'd call back and try another one. If you get repeat no's, then I'd guess the answer is really no. But I wouldn't take the first no as gospel. Agents are notorious for not having the right info. I'd have to get at least 3 no's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter