Anywhere in Downtown Disney or Pleasure Island for an Anniversary meal?

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
What restaurant in the DTD area would be a good bet for an Anniversary dinner? Thinking of having dinner somewhere for our May Anniversary & then checking out PI after.......never been to any of these areas so all input is welcome! :D

Portobello Yacht Club is nice, it's mainly Italian fare - we had a really nice dinner there in 2000 then headed for an evening at PI :)

I agree about Portobello, nice atmosphere.
Also Wolfgang Pucks is very good.
Many people rave about Fulton's Crab house but I wasn't overly impressed.

My suggestions would be either Fulton's or Portobello Yacht Club. Let them know when you make your reservation that you are celebrating an aniversary, and would like a nice view... especially important at Fulton's!

We had a wonderful dinner at Fulton's last Dec ... nice atmosphere.
Don't miss the Adventurer's Club at PI!

While I love Fulton's, it is usually crowded, and a little loud. If you want a more relaxed atsmophere ... Wolfgang Pucks Cafe or Upstairs usually gets good review

My 13 DS wants to eat at the Chefs table at Upstairs. DH want's nothing to do with it. The chefs table runs (or did according to a menu from 2001) 65 per person, or 100 each with wine pairings

I recommend Fulton's Crab House absolutely! Here's why:
It is designed like an old style Mississippi River paddle wheel boat, including a grand staircase. I found the decorations and design to be very classy. And rather romantic. The service was beyond compare to the fanciest restaurants in the world. The wait staff wears the one piece style button down white server jackets. Very nice. We ordered lobster bisque as an appetizer and I have never had such presentation. Saucers are brought to the table with chunks of lobster in them and that's all. Then brass decanters (two of them since my DW and I both ordered the bisque) were brought and the bisque was poured over the lobster in front of you so that you see just how much lobster is in there. Wow! Awesome! We walked around the "boat" to explore it. The food was superb! We had fried shrimp (DD5) and two servings of King Crab legs (DW and DH). I wouldn't say it was any more noisy than any other restaurant. It's not like there was blaring music or anything. And you can ask for a more private seating or for a waterfront seating. Enjoy!

Well said, mm6mm6... our experience was much like yours, and we can't wait to go back!

Fulton's would be great--except that the service there is absolutely wretched..
Portobello Yacht Club would be my choice. Good food, "adult friendly".
Haven't been to Wolfgang's Upstairs, but the few posts I've read on the boards have given it poor reviews.

right across the street from the disney market place is a hotel called the wyndham palace. we accidentally wound up at a restaurant there called "outback". it is not THE outback steak house, but it was an incredible, though expensive meal. the ambience was nice, the service was great, and the food was fantastic--the whole experience was a step above--you can park there, then drive across the street to PI--just an idea....

I recommed Benihana it's in the Hilton hotel. It's a Japenese steak house. It's a little pricey but it's an awesome experience. The chefs cook your food right in front of you. It's really great if you want something a little different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter