Anyone with planter wart experience? Update it is gone.

My son has has plantars warts on his foot and has warts on his hands and has for many years. We tried the over the counter freeze away and wart remover that did nothing. We have used duct tape and medication we put on them for 6 months and he just got more and the ones he had got bigger. He had them burned and it was extremely painful for him for a year and a half and when one would disapear another would how up. He is now getting a new treatment of putting bacteria under the wart with a needle. It is the least painful after the medication and tape but so far that is not working either. Poor kid is in soccer and cross country and it has not been fun for him at all. We had a subsitute nurse who told us her doctor told her that they go away in 6 years if you do nothing. I told her to find a new doctor because DS had them for well over 6 years and nothing works.

Above is my original message from 8/27 in response to the OP. I wanted to come back and report that after reading the at home remedies on here I tried both the tea tree oil and Oregano oil half one on half the warts and half on the others. The duct tape would not stay on the warts because of the oil so we didn't bother with that after a bit. DS hated the smell of the tea tree oil and it didn't seem to work for him as well as the Oregano oil so we went all with the Oregano oil and within 2 months every single wart he had are gone completely. He had probably 10 on one hand and around 10 on his foot one being a huge one about the size of a quarter that hurt. After trying every painful doctor remedy he was done with the pain. We told the doctor what we were doing and he laughed and said it won't work because all it does is irritate the skin and will not get rid of the virus. Well it worked and faster than anything else with zero pain. My son is thrilled since he is a teen and a handful of warts kills your love life.

I just wanted to post this to anyone else needing hope that their warts can respond to simple home remedies.

Thank you to everyone who posted their suggestions you made a teenage boy a very happy young man. :thumbsup2

Duct tape.

No joke. I had some for years, cut small pieces of duct tape, put a band-aid over top and they were gone fairly quickly.

I second the duct tape. My son has terrible warts on his knees. About 6 of them. We put duct tape on them with a large band aid on top for almost 2 weeks. I'm not sure how it will do on feet though. But it's worth a try. IMO

I second the duct tape. My son has terrible warts on his knees. About 6 of them. We put duct tape on them with a large band aid on top for almost 2 weeks. I'm not sure how it will do on feet though. But it's worth a try. IMO

Different things work differently on different people because duct tape did not work for my son's warts unfortunately. I swear we tried everything on him and till the Oregano oil nothing worked.

Back in 1972 my doctor used radiation treatment to kill my plantar wart. Seriously! What was he thinking? Seems pretty extreme!

I have read that Tea tree oil is not good for boys. It does something to their hormones.
http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/jan2007/niehs-31.htm

Apple cider vinegar works. Put it on a cotton ball and tape it to thefoot overnight. It will be gone in 1-2 weeks.
If that's true, then it's not good for anyone. I'm at high risk for getting breast cancer. I don't need any added estrogen-like effects to my body.

Ironically, I recently developed a plantar wart. Just so happens that I already have my annual derm visit on the 31st. Maybe I'll try one of these remedies and if they don't work by then, he can treat it. Usually he freezes warts and I've never had one return after he treated it.
Back in 1972 my doctor used radiation treatment to kill my plantar wart. Seriously! What was he thinking? Seems pretty extreme!
In the 50's some shoe stores offered fluorscopy to check the fit of children's shoes. Parents could operate it themselves. :crazy:
Fluorscopy is a continuous xray beam, like a live video vs a quick snapshot.
It's a lot more radiation dose. (Sometimes it gives doctors very helpful information such as an upper GI or barium swallow.)
Dh still remembers sticking his feet in the machine as a child and thinking it was so cool.

Like Billy Joel says, The good ol days weren't always good.

Duct tape.

No joke. I had some for years, cut small pieces of duct tape, put a band-aid over top and they were gone fairly quickly.
Our podiatrist said this works. He said the body would attack the adhesive and in doing so would take care of the wart (not that it sticks to the tape and you rip it out). A week of sticking duct tape on it and it was gone. (Doctor did say it could take several weeks.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter