Anyone use Mears shuttle (not Magical Express)?

mousestruck

DIS Veteran
My husband is joining my daughter and I at CBR (a day after our arrival) but is not on our reservation (yet). We're going as part of a special event and it didn't make sense to purchase the package for him since he's only going for two of the five days. Hopefully I can add him to our reservation at check-in, but regardless, I cannot reserve Magical Express for him. I see a $22 Groupon for Mears shuttle service. First, is this a good price? It is for round-trip fare even though we only need one-way, but seems very reasonable to me. Second, has anyone used this service?

We are moving to a DVC resort after the event, so no problem with the return trip since he'll be on our reservation, but I have to get him there first! He doesn't want to take an Uber.

Worst case scenario is that they put him on the regular Mears shuttle bus and it takes him 90 mins to get to CBR. It's possible that once he pays for his ride, they will send him, with a voucher, to the DME area, and put him on a CBR bus.
I've used the shuttle, to the Dolphin. Worked just fine.
I would still add him to your room reservation when you get there...that way he can just walk up to the DME podium with the reservation number and get on the bus.

Worst case scenario is that they put him on the regular Mears shuttle bus and it takes him 90 mins to get to CBR. It's possible that once he pays for his ride, they will send him, with a voucher, to the DME area, and put him on a CBR bus.
I've used the shuttle, to the Dolphin. Worked just fine.
I would still add him to your room reservation when you get there...that way he can just walk up to the DME podium with the reservation number and get on the bus.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I plan to add him to reservation but he's arriving late at night (like 11 p.m.), so I want to make sure he has a back-up plan. I have no idea if he can purchase Mears shuttle upon arrival (without a reservation) or how much it would cost. Maybe I'll call Mears before buying the Groupon.

Well I just called Mears and no dice. They told me that they do not offer shuttle service to any Disney Hotels because of Magical Express, so I guess he'll have to take an Uber or private car service. Bummer!

After you check in you will have met the package requirements, you can then add him to the room reservation for the number of nights he is staing and then make the DME reservation for him on the spot. He should have no problem either using an old MB to check in at DME or using the resort reservation #.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I plan to add him to reservation but he's arriving late at night (like 11 p.m.), so I want to make sure he has a back-up plan. I have no idea if he can purchase Mears shuttle upon arrival (without a reservation) or how much it would cost. Maybe I'll call Mears before buying the Groupon.
You can't purchase a ride on Mears, to WDW resorts, prior to arrival. But, we've heard of many guests being able to pay for Mears and then being put on a DME bus.
I would just be sure to add him to the reservation when you get there. He should have no issue getting on the DME bus at that time...as long as he shows on the reservation.

You can't purchase a ride on Mears, to WDW resorts, prior to arrival. But, we've heard of many guests being able to pay for Mears and then being put on a DME bus.
I would just be sure to add him to the reservation when you get there. He should have no issue getting on the DME bus at that time...as long as he shows on the reservation.
How do they do this? Just walk up to the Mears desk upon arrival and purchase fare then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter