Anyone Up For a Little MAYcation?!! A May 2012 WDW PTR with a side of.....

Shelly!!! I want to hear about that BB....!!!
And a dining review.
And a resort review.
And a MK review.

You know... As soon as you can. ;)

Hey Rinky!! I have to tell you I thought about you this week -- when I walked by the Little Mermaid show in DHS...:lmao::rotfl2:;)

Oh, that is just WRONG on sooooo many levels!!! :rotfl2: Glad to know that thoughts of an old geezer and his hoochie mama slobbering over each other reminded you of me! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

A BB offer huh? Well, now you have my curiousity up! Btw, I've been looking into all sorts of things myself as to our next vacation choice and one of the things I checked into was Aulani. Have you read reviews about the place? I was really surprised to read so many negative reviews. There were good ones too, but way more bad ones than I expected. I think I was reading them on tripadvisor, but now I can't remember. Most people who didn't like it said it was way overpriced for what you get, there are much better places to stay in Hawaii, and the food was horrible. I was shocked. Anyway, I figured you had probably done more research than me so I was wondering if you had read the same sort of stuff. :confused3

Welcome back, Shelly! :yay: I hope you're feeling better now. Sorry for you that your trip is over, but happy that you will soon be telling us all about it! Like others have said, this week seemed to fly by, so I hope it didn't fly by for you. It has been boring not having your PTR updates, but thanks to Jodi for filling in and filling us in on your days! :worship:

I'm really surprised you weren't overly impressed with the BC. I'm dying to know all the things that made you feel that way. I take it that the crowds played a big part in it.

I also can't wait to hear how LL was. Was your DS10 surprised?

Our weather here has been so hot and humid this past week. :scared: I can understand you saying it felt as hot as August, because it's felt that way here. And I don't like it! :laughing:

I hope you're not working a lot this week, so you can get caught up on your rest. (translation: start a TR ;))

Seriously, we're all glad you're back! :goodvibes

glad you are back!! Sorry you didn't like the BC!! I am a little surprised to hear that!! But, feel free to post your concerns/dislikes, it won't bother me!!! You know we LOVE it! but, you might have had a totally diff experience--I wondering what was going on that you felt it was chaotic...maybe it's the time of year we go there, but there hasn't really been much going on when we have been there,...and the pool has never been as crowded for us as the pool at the Poly,...fill me in!!
Hated to hear you were sick...tell us all about Celebration, Legoland, and the BB!!!!!!

so glad you are back Shelly. Sorry to hear that you were sick over there. Now you have me intrigued with the BB offer and your next trip....

Can't wait to hear all about your trip....

Goodness gracious....I can't believe that time flew by so quickly and your vacation is over with already. :sad2: I've often wondered if the Beach Club would be chaotic because of Stormalong Bay and it sounds like that was the case during your visit. Sorry to hear that you guys didn't feel so well. It totally sucks being sick while on vacation.

Welcome Home Shelly! Sounds like we were lucky to have cooler, wetter weather while we were at the BC. SAB was very quiet while we were there.

I can't wait to hear about your trip! I started my TR yesterday if you want to come join in!

Thanks Amy! :goodvibes

You were lucky to have cooler weather and a quiet SAB. It was nuts when we were there. :crazy2: The kids loved it at first but after about the 3rd trip to the pool they were sick of the craziness too.

I can't believe you started your TR already!! You are so efficient!

Shelly you can be such a tease :rotfl:

:laughing:

Shelly!!! I want to hear about that BB....!!!
And a dining review.
And a resort review.
And a MK review.

You know... As soon as you can. ;)

Well you are not asking for much are you??? :rotfl:

The bounceback:

Save 35% on your next Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa stay!
Dates:
June 3-9
Aug 5-31
Sept 1-30
Oct 1-6, 21-31
Nov 1-3, 11-17, 25-31
Dec 1, 9-15

Let's see, what else........I have lots of dining to talk about......as for a resort review - IDK. I think it would upset a lot of people. Maybe I will just do a mini review for my friends here....And MK - well it's still a total mess. Even worse than last summer. :eek:

Oh, that is just WRONG on sooooo many levels!!! :rotfl2: Glad to know that thoughts of an old geezer and his hoochie mama slobbering over each other reminded you of me! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

A BB offer huh? Well, now you have my curiousity up! Btw, I've been looking into all sorts of things myself as to our next vacation choice and one of the things I checked into was Aulani. Have you read reviews about the place? I was really surprised to read so many negative reviews. There were good ones too, but way more bad ones than I expected. I think I was reading them on tripadvisor, but now I can't remember. Most people who didn't like it said it was way overpriced for what you get, there are much better places to stay in Hawaii, and the food was horrible. I was shocked. Anyway, I figured you had probably done more research than me so I was wondering if you had read the same sort of stuff. :confused3

I couldn't help it, it just came to my mind as soon as I saw the Little Mermaid sign. Probably always will now. :scared1: :rotfl2:

You know, I've never really read any reviews on Aulani. I've just read about it everywhere that I can. And just always thought - it's Disney and it's Hawaii, it's got to be wonderful. :cloud9: I am surprised to hear that there are so many bad reviews of it. I am sure it is overpriced, most things Disney are. IDK if we will ever get there....

Welcome back, Shelly! :yay: I hope you're feeling better now. Sorry for you that your trip is over, but happy that you will soon be telling us all about it! Like others have said, this week seemed to fly by, so I hope it didn't fly by for you. It has been boring not having your PTR updates, but thanks to Jodi for filling in and filling us in on your days! :worship:

I'm really surprised you weren't overly impressed with the BC. I'm dying to know all the things that made you feel that way. I take it that the crowds played a big part in it.

I also can't wait to hear how LL was. Was your DS10 surprised?

Our weather here has been so hot and humid this past week. :scared: I can understand you saying it felt as hot as August, because it's felt that way here. And I don't like it! :laughing:

I hope you're not working a lot this week, so you can get caught up on your rest. (translation: start a TR ;))

Seriously, we're all glad you're back! :goodvibes

Thanks Teri! :)

The BC just wasn't for us. It just lacked that quiet relaxing tropical feel that we love. Our room was not cleaned well, ever. The shower head needs replaced. I had to call for a new hair dryer 2 times because the one attached to the wall didn't work and then they brought me another one that didn't work. The view from our balcony was awesome, but it was hard to enjoy it because the balcony was so dirty & sticky.

It sure was HOT. :faint: Good grief!!

Unfortunately I am working most of the rest of the week. It's going to be rough.

glad you are back!! Sorry you didn't like the BC!! I am a little surprised to hear that!! But, feel free to post your concerns/dislikes, it won't bother me!!! You know we LOVE it! but, you might have had a totally diff experience--I wondering what was going on that you felt it was chaotic...maybe it's the time of year we go there, but there hasn't really been much going on when we have been there,...and the pool has never been as crowded for us as the pool at the Poly,...fill me in!!
Hated to hear you were sick...tell us all about Celebration, Legoland, and the BB!!!!!!

Thanks Shawna! :goodvibes

Oh I know you won't be offended, but some people will be (not anyone here).

It was just a lot of things. Everything I told Teri above, plus the pool was just a constant party. Pool games and karaoke all afternoon. I know they do pool games at all the deluxes, but this went on most of the day. It was just LOUD & CROWDED all the time unless you went late at night. We could hardly find chairs and when we did they were way far away from where the kids would be swimming. And I really don't like how you have to go out to a public walkway to get to the slide. Call me overprotective, but I like to have an eye on my kids at all times, esp. near water!

Celebration was wonderful, although we didn't spend as much time there as planned. We were all sweaty & gross from being at LL all day. LL was fun!! DS10 loved it! DS13 actually enjoyed it too. I'm glad we went!

so glad you are back Shelly. Sorry to hear that you were sick over there. Now you have me intrigued with the BB offer and your next trip....

Can't wait to hear all about your trip....

Thanks Mari! :)

I'm working on my pics now. It's going to take a while to get them all loaded to photobucket. But I'll start a TR as soon as I can!

Goodness gracious....I can't believe that time flew by so quickly and your vacation is over with already. :sad2: I've often wondered if the Beach Club would be chaotic because of Stormalong Bay and it sounds like that was the case during your visit. Sorry to hear that you guys didn't feel so well. It totally sucks being sick while on vacation.

I can't believe it either! :faint:

Yes, chaotic is a good word for SAB. It's a beautiful pool though!

Your trip is coming up so fast!! :cool1:

Welcome back Shelly :cool1:

I missed all of the PTR, but I was just in time for the all of the fun, live updates!! :cheer2:

Glad you had a good time - sorry it went so fast and that the BC wasn't all you hoped for. :guilty:

Shelly, you are BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for the birthday postcard you sent to Morghan. You absolutely made her day. Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to do that for her. :hug:

Welcome back Shelly :cool1:

I missed all of the PTR, but I was just in time for the all of the fun, live updates!! :cheer2:

Glad you had a good time - sorry it went so fast and that the BC wasn't all you hoped for. :guilty:

Thanks Heather! :)

Glad you enjoyed the updates from Jo! We had a lot of fun, but of course it went by way too fast.

Shelly, you are BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for the birthday postcard you sent to Morghan. You absolutely made her day. Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to do that for her. :hug:

You're welcome! :cool1: It was no problem. Glad she enjoyed it! I wish I could have found one that said Happy Birthday, but I couldn't find one anywhere. :confused3

Welcome back! Sorry to hear you didn't like the BC, but from reading your reasons it seems understandable. Plus, if everyone preferred the same resorts, they would be over crowded while others would be empty. Looking forward to reading the TR!!

Welcome back!! I any wait to hear details. I've never been to a deluxe pool, and it sounds like its a good thing I haven't been. I don't do pool chaos. Now that the kids don't need someone constantly holding them in the pool, it's nice to be able to sit and keep an eye on them while they're splashing around! I'd have been a nervous wreck!!

Welcome back Shelly!

Looking forward to your trip report and pictures!

Sea :cool1:

Thanks Sea! :goodvibes

Welcome back! Sorry to hear you didn't like the BC, but from reading your reasons it seems understandable. Plus, if everyone preferred the same resorts, they would be over crowded while others would be empty. Looking forward to reading the TR!!

Thanks Mel!

Yep, you are right it would be bad if everyone wanted to stay at the same resort!! There's a resort for everyone and the BC just happens to not be ours.

Welcome back!! I any wait to hear details. I've never been to a deluxe pool, and it sounds like its a good thing I haven't been. I don't do pool chaos. Now that the kids don't need someone constantly holding them in the pool, it's nice to be able to sit and keep an eye on them while they're splashing around! I'd have been a nervous wreck!!

Thank you! :)

Lots of details to come!
The pool was a complete zoo all day long. It's pretty bad when it gets on the kids nerves after awhile! :laughing:

Still working on loading my pics to photobucket. It's gonna be awhile. :faint: But take a look at this beauty I just came across!!

1fba34b6.jpg

Yes, it's a beautiful protruding facade clear out over the sidewalk in front of the bakery. Nice family photo in front of the castle, huh??? :lmao::rotfl2:

That is too bad about the construction! I guess you just have to laugh about it. :rotfl2: I remember it was my niece's first visit to WDW ever when she came with us in February, and the construction didn't even phase her. I think I was definitely more bothered with it...I didn't want all of our pictures to have cranes, etc. in them!
On the bright side, it's a great picture of your family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter