Anyone unhappy with their guide?

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
I have a co-worker who just bought into AKV. She is very unhappy with her guide. She said he doesn't return her calls, lost her paper work once, lost the information on her referral (me) TWICE, and said he was going to process the name change (she legally goes by her maiden name) on the paper work and never did. All of this has held up the processing of her paper work and one month later she is still not in the system! She had a call from quality control to let her know that her paperwork needed to be signed and sent back, so she took the opportunity to tell them what was going on. At that point they took over to process her paper work and apologized profusely to her for the poor service from her guide. She isn't too happy with their "start" into the DVC experience and I tell her that this is usually not the case. She says hopefully it's not a sign for DVC experiences to come. She was so excited to join and now feels such a down about the whole process. Guide's name is Edwin. Anyone else have a bad experience with their guide? Anyone have him as a guide?
Just curious to how often this is happening.

We love our guide, but she's dropped the ball and made errors on both our add-ons. In the end, all could be quickly fixed. She has a heart of gold. We're sticking with her. Many other guides are more sales-oriented while ours isn't and we like that.

As for not returning calls . . . I hear that a lot on these boards. Ours isn't quick about returning calls either.

The good news is this: Aside from buying contracts, your guide really doesn't serve much of an active role in your DVC ownership. Member Services staff are the people you will be speaking to.

Guide? What guide?
Do you mean that guy who sold us our membership? We haven't heard a word from him since.

We were extremely unhappy with our guide when we first purchased back in 2005. He gave us some really wrong answers to a few questions that actually held up our membership. DVC had to resend us a few documents to sign and send back so it took forever before we were in the system. We weren't very excited about dealing with him when we made the decision to add-on but things went very differently and smoothly. He seemed like he knew alot more. Maybe he was new to DVC the first time around I don't know. Possibly your friend's guide may improve later on as ours did. As other posters have said she won't have to deal with the guide very often anyway. I hope all works well for her and she enjoys DVC for many years to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter