Anyone travelling in Sept?

Ooh I'm going on the 2nd too! Staying at the Pop for two weeks, flying out with Virgin from Gatwick. It's my girlfriend's first trip and our first trip together, so I'm very excited!! :thumbsup2

Hi Howellsy

We're also from Torfaen and staying at Pop from the 10th Sept :thumbsup2

You are making costumes! :eek: What kind? Do a lot of people dress up? I've got to start thinking! :goodvibes

Yes! More people dress up for MNSSHP than they did for the PPP we went to. The parties take on a life of their own once you step into costume. The CMs interact with everyone, but more so with those in costume. You'll speak to more people too, in queues for rides or for candy. Had so many people ask me where I got my Tink costume from, only to tell them I made it, and then have a giant conversation about sewing/skills/how it looked good, that sort of thing.

As for costumes... 2007 PPP we went to, I went as Tinkerbell. Mum and cath had makeshift Jasmine and Aurora costumes. Last year's MNSSHP, I went as Giselle, and I made a (village) Belle costume for my sister. This year, I'm going as Aurora, my sister will be Snow White and my mum will be Cinderella... if I finish them all! haha And of course, we always do the BBB...

2008 MNSSHP:
disney08_mnsshp.jpg

2007 PPP:
DisneyPhotoImage124.jpg

Hi Howellsy

We're also from Torfaen and staying at Pop from the 10th Sept :thumbsup2

Ah wow, how strange! :goodvibes Where are you flying from? I've flown twice from Cardiff but I think they've stopped most of them now, so I'm flying from Gatwick :( I wish Virgin flew Cardiff/Bristol for cheap!

Ah wow, how strange! :goodvibes Where are you flying from? I've flown twice from Cardiff but I think they've stopped most of them now, so I'm flying from Gatwick :( I wish Virgin flew Cardiff/Bristol for cheap!

This is the third time we're going and we have always flown from Gatwick. Hope you have a really good time :thumbsup2

We go from 15th sept - 6th oct staying at AKL villas ...
Fly from gatwick with Virgin...:cool1:

Yes! More people dress up for MNSSHP than they did for the PPP we went to. The parties take on a life of their own once you step into costume. The CMs interact with everyone, but more so with those in costume. You'll speak to more people too, in queues for rides or for candy. Had so many people ask me where I got my Tink costume from, only to tell them I made it, and then have a giant conversation about sewing/skills/how it looked good, that sort of thing.

As for costumes... 2007 PPP we went to, I went as Tinkerbell. Mum and cath had makeshift Jasmine and Aurora costumes. Last year's MNSSHP, I went as Giselle, and I made a (village) Belle costume for my sister. This year, I'm going as Aurora, my sister will be Snow White and my mum will be Cinderella... if I finish them all! haha And of course, we always do the BBB...

2008 MNSSHP:
disney08_mnsshp.jpg

2007 PPP:
DisneyPhotoImage124.jpg

WOW! Your costumes are amazing! :thumbsup2 Especially the Giselle one!

I don't know if I have the confidence to go in full princess gear, but maybe a few accessories! Did lots of adults dress up?

Thank you for sharing your lovely pictures. Not long now till we get our park calenders with all the times and emh's. yahooooooo:banana:

We are there for the first week of September, just me and hubby, staying at Port Orleans riverside on the quick DDP - YAY!!!!
94 DAYS TO GO.

WOW! Your costumes are amazing! :thumbsup2 Especially the Giselle one!

I don't know if I have the confidence to go in full princess gear, but maybe a few accessories! Did lots of adults dress up?

Yes! There are always lots of adults dressed up, and even adults WITHOUT kids dressed up. It is definitely one of the more fun parties for dress up. Last year we saw several Jack Sparrows, a Snow White and Prince Charming, a family dressed as Mikey, Sully and Boo! Then there were those just wearing fun hats (like the giant princess hat with mickey ears), or just over-the-top tiaras/hair/hair accessories, etc

If you can get hold of a costume, go in full costume! It's the best, and let's face it, where else can you go out for the evening dressed up as a Disney character??? If you're worried about being the odd one out, you definitely won't be! Besides, you'll be having too much fun to worry about anything like that! Do it!!

elkvideo said:
Thank you for sharing your lovely pictures. Not long now till we get our park calenders with all the times and emh's. yahooooooo

Aww thanks! I do love my sewing machine! :goodvibes And I can't wait either. I am dying to get on with the detailed planning and booking ADRs. I feel so unprepared, seeing as I've usually been planned for three months by now, grrr! :rotfl:

Wear your lime green mickey head!!! Or something lime green. Like, buy some LG ribbon and tie it to your hand luggage!

great idea dont think hubby will like the exposure to much (he is quite shy when it comes to things like that ):rotfl2:

LOL! We used to be shy too, until we started Dissing and Pin Trading! Now we strike up random conversations with random people all over the parks. Still won't do that while home in the UK though! So hopefully, it will all be different, because it's holiday, and maybe he won't be so shy!

I tried to ring Disney Dining just now and see if I could make a Le Cellier reservation for the first day I'm there, but after being on hold for 10 minutes and not being told how long my wait was, I gave up - I'm not going to be much good when I can book all my ADRs next month - I'm too impatient! :rotfl:

fly out 30th august and come back on 18th september, staying at a lovely villa on cumbrian lakes (stayed there last year too).....cant wait....wish I swas staying at the Grand Floridian though, went there last year for 4 nights, absolutely lush, still mustnt grumble some not ablt to holiday at all this year...enjoy peoples!!!:banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter