Anyone stayed in a Marriott timeshare efficiency/studio?

mindondisney

Mouseketeer
We are a party of two adults, two young children and one infant. I am wondering if anyone can give us an idea of how big the Marriott timeshare efficiency/studio rooms are? For a party of five, we are supposed to book a 2 bedroom but there is no availability for our dates. There are efficiency/studios in a few different Orlando Marriotts though!

most will have a king bed and queen sleeper sofa.

small kitchen

my big problem - no ice machine on property. So unless you get 1-bedroom and up - you have to go outside for ice.

someone says that now the gift/grocery will give you some ice for free. but would rather they at least supply more ice trays for the refrigerator.

We had a three-bedroom villa at Grande Vista two or three years ago and it had a third bedroom that locked-off as an efficiency unit. As this is my only experience I do not know if that was typically of a Marriott efficiency but I thought that was rather small. There was one queen bed, a bathroom, a kitchenette area - I think that it was limited to a microwave, a small (dorm room type) refrigerator, maybe a coffee maker along with some tableware, a television, maybe a chair, and a sofa bed (probably a double). My youngest daughter and her friend stayed in that bedroom so I'm not entirely sure that I've gotten it all exactly correct but I think that's pretty close. I thought that it would be a good size for two people but would be more like staying a hotel room for any more than that - not at all the lodging experience that I'd expect for a family in a timeshare villa. If I remember correctly the efficiencies have a limit of four people per room.

Dick Taylor

A party of five would not only be too large to be comfortable, it would almost certainly exceed the maximum occupancy and could get you evicted. The best solution would be to find at least a 1br unit.

What time of year are you traveling? Typically availability comes and goes.

Sheila

someone says that now the gift/grocery will give you some ice for free. but would rather they at least supply more ice trays for the refrigerator.

After three or four times going out to a local store to buy ice trays, I now always take along 3 or 4, even when I fly. They don't weigh much and if I use the ones that nest together they don't take up much room. Even if there is an ice maker, we typically use more ice than it can make. Better to just make some extra and keep a bowl in the freezer.

Sheila

It sounds like that would be too small too be comfortable. Since we are going at Thanksgiving, I better take the best 1 BR I can find somewhere else. We probably won't be cooking that much but a real refrigerator would be nice for baby food and bottled water.

Julie

It sounds like that would be too small too be comfortable. Since we are going at Thanksgiving, I better take the best 1 BR I can find somewhere else. We probably won't be cooking that much but a real refrigerator would be nice for baby food and bottled water.

Julie

Sheila's note about max. allowable occupancy may be a problem for many 1BR units, too, as they may also be limited to 4. It's true that 1BRs are relatively much more spacious than Studio units but if they apply the occupancy rules then you could run into an issue with the resort.

Dick Taylor

she say the 5th is an infant which is allowed - because it does not count.

so she is fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter