Anyone have two male dogs?

Just wanted to give an update:) Jack and Zeus love each other sooo much but still roughhouse/wrestle most of the day. They have a blast running all around our back yard and love taking walks together. On the rare times that one leaves the house the other one cries :(

P.S. The white dog is really adorable, but I'd like to give the black dog a big hug and scratch. He's been so good welcoming a new male dog into the house as well as he has. What a good boy.

Thank you everybody:) Jack is growing like a weed!! He turned 18 weeks old today and weighed in at 54lbs!!! Two of the puppies from his litter had DNA tests done and he's 25% lab, 25% Great Pyrenees, 12% German Sheppard and mixed breed for the other 38%. So he look like he won't be done growing for some time, lol

Forgot to say that Zeus used to sleep upstairs with us until we brought Jack home. Jack sleeps in the crate and right next to the crate Zeus sleeps on the end of the loveseat looking down at Jack:) it's sooo damn sweet:lovestruc when Jack first wakes up Zeus runs up the stairs and jumps on top of me to let me know his buddy is awake!!!

Just wanted to add that once you have two dogs, you'll always have two. A friend told me that before we added to our dog family and she was so right. However I will say we had three dogs for about 6 months and that was too much. Our oldest dog loved the puppy, the middle one not so much. It took about a year after we lost the oldest for the two others to really get along.
Three golden retrievers was a lot of poop, just saying...

Your boys are adorable~!!!

I had two males. I got them as puppies. They were both fixed. They did pretty well for a couple of years. They would play and got along great. Then, some little thing would set them off and they would fight. Brutal fights. I would have to separate them to stop it, which wasn't easy since they were both around 80 pounds. I got hurt once, in the process. They tore my leg up pretty bad. I learned to not feed them close to each other. I stopped giving the bones because they would fight over them. I managed.

Then, when they were each about eight years old, I found that one of them became very territorial about me. If Baron came near me, Dodger would go for him. I was on edge all the time. To make it worse, my daughter was about six. I was afraid for her.

I ended up giving Dodger to a friend who wanted a dog, but didn't want to deal with a puppy. It worked out. Dodger lived the rest of his life with his new owner and was happy. Baron was fine with us.

I decided I would never again have two dogs of the same sex. I had a male and a female golden retriever. They got along fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter