Anyone have experience with Silpada?

Nina1

Disney Lover
I'm a SAHM and would like to start contributing to our finances, aside from couponing, selling items at consignment stores, garage sales etc. One of my sister's neighbors went to a Silpada party and said the jewelry was beautiful and the representative said she makes a very good salary and only does two parties a week (sometimes less). Does anyone here have any first hand experience with Silpada, either selling or having attended a party? I'm looking for something that will enable me to make my own schedule so as not to take time away from our son and thought this might be something I could do. Any info. you have will be appreciated. Thanks!

Most of the pieces are nice quality, but they are very expensive! I've never hosted a party because of the cost of the jewelry. With the economy being the way it is, I'm not sure this will be as popular as before. Hope this helps.

I can honestly say, you need to do the research on what the initial investment is and try to figure out how long it will take to get it back.
I attended a party as a favor to a neighbor and spent $80 on two of the most inexpensive pieces. I had the necklace one week and it broke...they did replace it and I haven't had any problems since.
I do love the silver and it's much nicer than Premier Designs but I wouldn't be attending any parties in this economy...

I have to agree with pp about the prices. A lady that comes in where I work sells Silpada. I had her leave a catalog with us so the ladies I work with and I could see about maybe having a party...no one was willing to pay those prices. Not at this time anyway. Beautiful jewely if you have the market for it.

Silpada is beautiful - I bought my first pieces at a party - and have continued to purchase it - on EBay.

Google Silpada brochure - you will see the prices and compare what the jewelry is going for on Ebay - you save - sometimes 50%.

There is another jewelry company - Lia Sophia - that does parties - their jewelry tends to be less expensive - but again you can buy it on ebay. I paid $30 for earrings and a necklace on Ebay that would have cost me over $100 at a party.

Janis

Look into Initial Outfitters. It's pretty new and less expensive. They also carry purses, home decor products, paper things, really something for everyone. It can all be personalized, which is a big hit these days. Right now, they are offering a sign on special to get you started for $99.00. I have a friend who just got started with this company and she's doing great. She already has 2 recruits under her too.

I know two people who sell Silpada. I've been to one party and purchased one piece. The jewelry is nice, but very expensive. Even though we are doing well in this economy, this is not where I want to put my money.

Aside from that, there are at least three other similar businesses in our area. The home-party jewelry market is definitely saturated here.

I sold Silpada for a year. It is beautiful jewelry and I still buy it from friends who are still selling it. The initial investment is pretty high as you have to purchase the pieces for your shows. Because of that, you don't have all the pieces to show/try on at shows when you start out. I had a really good upline who came to the first couple of my shows and brought along her pieces to help out. I know of a couple of people who went in together - split the initial investment cost which seemed to help. I think if you can be successful doing it is dependent on whether or not your market already has Silpada sellers or Lia Sophia or the like. Also, it was difficult to get people to book parties. People are just busy. Let me know if there is anything specific you would like me to answer.

My sister and 2 friends sell Silpada. I personally love their jewelry and buy it almost on a monthly basis. Someone is always having a party here. My sister lives in NY and I live in AL so I try to do a catalog show for her every few months. She makes a few hundred dollars off the show and I usually earn about $500 in free jewelry. I know some people think that it is expensive but I totally feel it's worth it and so do several of my friends. If you decide to sell, good luck!

Silpada is beautiful - I bought my first pieces at a party - and have continued to purchase it - on EBay.

Google Silpada brochure - you will see the prices and compare what the jewelry is going for on Ebay - you save - sometimes 50%.

There is another jewelry company - Lia Sophia - that does parties - their jewelry tends to be less expensive - but again you can buy it on ebay. I paid $30 for earrings and a necklace on Ebay that would have cost me over $100 at a party.

Janis

I have not heard of Silpada but wanted to add about the Lia Sophia, my sister in law was selling this for a while. It ended up costing her money. The people she sold to did not keep their receipts, I believe they needed this for the warranty, and as they were all friends who came to her parties, she felt responsible and paid out of her own pocket to replace the pieces that broke. When the bad outweighed the good, my BiL put his foot down and she no longer is involved with this. She has tried selling candles in the past also, without much luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter