anyone have a pre-trip checklist?

lmbcdb

DIS Veteran
Okay, I did a search but couldn't find one. I am looking for a pre-trip checklist - with things like "turn off a/c", "lock all doors", "stop the mail", etc. I have my packing list done, just need a pre-trip list. We've never been gone for 11 days!
Thanks!

Okay, I did a search but couldn't find one. I am looking for a pre-trip checklist - with things like "turn off a/c", "lock all doors", "stop the mail", etc. I have my packing list done, just need a pre-trip list. We've never been gone for 11 days!
Thanks!

I made one up myself. I don't turn the A/C off I just turn it down so it doesn't go on as much. Coming home in July to a hot house is not fun for my DH and DS. I also check the stove as our is gas to make sure all the knobs are turned to off. I have timers in the living room and bedroom for the lights to go on at night and I also change the bulbs before we leave. We change the outside light bulbs as well and leave them on. Stop the mail of course. Make sure all the closet lights are off. I also unplug all of our TV's and cable boxes. We do have the protective strips on them but don't want to take a chance especially with the big TV in the living room. I also make a check list and leave it on the counter in the kitchen for when we return home of what I need to turn back on or plug back in. Make sure all the faucets are turned completely off and that the toilets are not running. I always wash and dry the towels before we leave but I make sure that there is plenty of time for the dryer to cool down. Empty the garbage's. I'm sure I am forgetting something but if I have anything else I will let you know. But I think that is it for now.:flower3:

Have a wonderful trip.:yay:

How dumb of me. I also check all of the windows to make sure the safety locks are on and the sliding glass door to the back yard. We live in a very safe neighbor hood but old habits are hard to break.:rotfl:

I knew I would remember more. Empty the fridge of items that will spoil such as milk, etc. Empty the recyclables. Make sure the trucks have plenty of gas for when we return. Lots of errands to do when we get back.

Here's mine....

Before You Leave Home “To Do” List:
  • Email family travel information:
  • Name, address, telephone number of hotel
  • Vacation dates
  • Tell mom about spare key
  • Stop mail delivery
  • Email co-workers Vacation dates
  • Set away message on work email
  • Set away voice message on work phone
  • Clean litter boxes
  • Leave out big bowls of food and water for cats
  • Do dishes
  • Clean the house and vacuum
  • Water plants
  • Turn off lights
  • Tell Brook and Joe we’ll be away
  • Put trash out
  • Check that stove, microwave and toaster are off and that hair dryer is unplugged
  • Check that wood stove is cold/off and damper closed
  • Check all doors and windows are locked
  • Put stopper in sliding door

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter