Anyone Going to WDW in January?

We are going to stay at POFQ from January 13 - January 19. It is our first trip to Disney and our first true family vacation (not visiting our families/friends somewhere).

We have 2 DDs, ages 3 and 6. They have NO idea. We are going to get them together that morning and have our older daughter read an invitation from the Princesses and Mickey to come for a visit that day.

Yay!

We'll be at US 6th-9th and WDW 9th-13th. I have gone a few times in Jan. but always at he end of the month and somedays were warm and others cool but nothing like last year temps :scared1:. I hope it is better this year:).

Is there anyway we can get a 30 day forecast? LOL!

Looks like the POP is the most popular resort for the people going in January! For those of you going next month are you getting the Dining Plan?

A must do at Disney is the "Spirit of Aloha". I think the cost is $58.00 per adult but it includes:

Salad
Chicken
pineapple FRESH
bread (Very good)
veggies
rice
dessert

It also includes:

BEER
WINE
GRATUITY
TAX!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN NOT BEAT THE PRICE! We love it there. It's really worth a try, if it's not too cold! LOL

We'll be there Jan 2-9. We always go after New Year's and the crowds get smaller every day.

My sister and I made a last minute decision to go January 2-6 for some special sister time. In light of your observation that the crowds get smaller every day, what order should we do the parks?

Does anyone know of any Dis Meets going on down there while all of us are there? That would be fun. It could be at POP since most of us are going to be there anyway.:goodvibes

We'll be living it up at AKL-Kidani from the 24th of January till February 6th. We're pretty consistently in the late January vacation group. We've only ever made 1 non-January trip, going in late September 2002, and we almost melted.

I'll take chilly over sweltering any day. We can always add a few layers of clothes and wear gloves, but there is only so much stripping one can do and still be legal in public.

So agree with you. We've been in January, February, May, August, September and December. January is our most favorite. It's cheaper, less crowded and the big one, Not so hot or humid!!!

We will be there January 22nd to January 30th.

Can't wait! It's been 4 years since we last went.

Possibly planning a mother/daughter trip for Jan 27-30. I'm hoping it will be empty enough to do everything we want to do in such a short time ;)

Possibly planning a mother/daughter trip for Jan 27-30. I'm hoping it will be empty enough to do everything we want to do in such a short time ;)

Touring Plans says overall crowd levels of 3/3/2/2. If you subscribe you can see the per park crowd levels (which can vary quite a bit from the overall level). But that bodes pretty well for a good trip. :)

Does anyone know of any Dis Meets going on down there while all of us are there? That would be fun. It could be at POP since most of us are going to be there anyway.:goodvibes

That would be fun! We did a dolewhip get together at the Poly's Captain Cooks! It was great.

we are going
Jan 2007 was warm
Jan 2009 was freezing - frost !!!!
Jan 2010 was warm (except chilly at night)

who knows what 2011 will bring !

Crowds were low each time... although everyone sometimes seemed to have the same touring plan as us... we did see long lines for the headliners.

We'll be there from January 15 - 23 and are counting down the days!! :banana:

Does anyone happen to know why MK is closing so early (6pm) on January 18?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter