Anyone Going to WDW in January?

Officially started the prep today...
Getting clothes sorted, toiletries prepped, and all the camera, chargers, electronic gadgets secure!

Very excited.... need to work on my day park plans, but maybe we'll just wing it !

10 days!! Already planning next January's trip and it will include the
5k race. Oh yes it will!!! Whole family is running in it. Yeah!:cool1:

We're 14 days out today! Nothing packed, most everything planned...just have to wait till a bit closer to check-in day to buy the dining plan so we can spread out the expenses a little bit.

Had to readjust our Magical Express info today, though, so now I'm antsy about everyone getting their luggage tags on time since we've got folks in 4 cities on 4 airlines travelling on two different days.

Today I've gotta dig out things like autograph books, the kids front packs, the zillion and a half lanyards/pins....

And start making the grocery/essentials list for next grocery day.

I've been psyched lately for the trip :banana:, doing some planning, :surfweb: etc. But today I'm feeling kinda bummed about our dates. :confused: We're going over MLK weekend (15-19). We were going to go the week after, but changed the dates b/c our SIL and niece were supposed to go with us and wanted those times. Now they're not going (freaking over bedbugs) and everything I look at says the week we were going to go is one of the deadest of the year, but when we're going is a 'time to avoid'. <sigh> I'm guessing my mood will pick back up, just trying too hard to make everything perfect?

Yikes, where did you read this and how did I miss it? We are leaving in 2 days and will be there exactly the same time.

Aaaawwwww, why is it supposed to be the time to avoid?

Yikes, where did you read this and how did I miss it? We are leaving in 2 days and will be there exactly the same time.

I've read in multiple places that Jan and Feb are supposed to be great times to go :yay:, with the exception of MLK weekend :sad2:, b/c lots of ppl have a 3 day weekend.
I'm not *too* worried, but bummed that the week after is *so* dead. Here's one source I'm using
http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/january/
although I have seen MLK weekend mentioned other places too (similar type of thing on touringplans.com, for example, although you have to pay for their calendar info). My DH keeps accusing me of overplanning and overthinking. :surfweb: We've made some minor changes to our plans, since it should get less busy as our visit goes on--we were going to go to MK on Sun and leave early on Wed (day we check out), now we're going to take a day 'off' on Sun and go to MK on Wed. But I just talked to a coworker who went on Dec 28 and 29--we can't possibly experience crowds like that!
Maybe it won't be too crowded-as long as ppl are nice I find I don't mind the crowds too much. I've been during summer so its gotta be better than that-I know we're all going to have fun regardless!

We leave for WDW on Tuesday and now I'm freaking about the weather. We are driving from MO and it looks like the South is getting slammed with a winter storm.

As long as you're on the major highways, they should be starting to dig their way out by Tuesday. They're not as equipped to deal with snow 'down there', but highways will be some of the first roads cleared. That's the biggest reason to freak about snow in the south-they don't have that many plows since they don't get snow often, and its usually not a lot when they do, and they *don't know how to drive in the snow*. I'd try to avoid areas that got/are getting ice, and stay on the most major highways you can (I don't know about the route from MO, but we go from MD and take 95 the whole way-a breeze).

I'm leaving in less than 2 days!!! I'm excited, but sort of hoping that it stays warm... it's 75 there now, but forecasts say it will be in the mid 60s by mid-week. At least it's better then the -18 Celsius it is here today....

We are leaving this Friday and staying at BCV 1/15-1/22. I believe the time to avoid is the Saturday-Monday being that this is MLK weekend and most have Monday off from school/work. That is what I heard will be the busy portion of our trip. Doesn't bother me much as we aren't planning on going to a park on Saturday and Monday (don't know when we will arrive on Saturday and Monday I have plans for Discovery Cove). Hope everyone has a nice trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter