Anyone Going to WDW in January?

Woohoooo!!! I love it there. I could go to Disney every year if it was up to me. Great time!

The forcast for next Sunday is 73 degrees, sun and zero chance of rain. Is that warm enough for you to visit Blizzard Beach?

finally, Christmas is all packed away and our coutndown calendars say 14 days and counting down. :)

We went to Discovery Cove in Oct when it was about 72. The dolphin pool was freezing of course. The other pools were tolerable. However, we were wearing wet suits and by about 3:00 even DS8 was turning blue and ready to go.

It's a personal preference of course. At that temp we might spend an hour in the resort pool but I wouldn't plan a water park unless it hit 80.

Thanks for the heads up ... Blizzard Beach was open when I was there three weeks ago, but Typhoon Lagoon was closed for refurb. Looks like TL will reopen on the 16th so my question for board members who've experienced these January pool weather conditions is the same...would you go to the Water park at 73 degrees or will it be too cold?

I was at Discovery Cove in Feb of 2007, and I honestly didn't think it was too bad. The dolphin pool was chilly at first but..and maybe its just me...I got used to the water really fast. Maybe I was distracted by my dolphin, or the other people in my group had a lot to drink that morning...:rolleyes1 :lmao:
I have to say I'm a BIT more concerned about what the weather will be like on the 28th of this month. Everyone wish me some sunshine, or at least partly cloudy with a high of 68°

Five more days for us! I am so excited! I hope all of y'all have great trips! :)

1 week from today. Still not packed. Generally I watch the weather up to the last minute. This time of year you can't just watch the weather and check out the high for the day....remember to check out the LOW for the day too. I find my January trips require me to change my clothes for the evening. Since this is a 2 week trip, I will be doing laundry...thank goodness it's free for DVC members.

I was feeling on top of things but spent this entire week in bed with the flu. Now I've only got two weekends left to get packed and organized.

And still trying to tweak our AK plan around the Wild Africa Trek we just booked. The plan is spread over 2 days and originally included a lot of browsing time. I know the tour will be awesome but now our plan has to be much more attraction - focused. Not quite how I wanted to tour AK. Ack! I have got to stop making changes! :eek:

WOW! Kileybeth, I think it's safe to say that you looooove Disney!!! I guess I'm not the only one.

I've been psyched lately for the trip :banana:, doing some planning, :surfweb: etc. But today I'm feeling kinda bummed about our dates. :confused: We're going over MLK weekend (15-19). We were going to go the week after, but changed the dates b/c our SIL and niece were supposed to go with us and wanted those times. Now they're not going (freaking over bedbugs) and everything I look at says the week we were going to go is one of the deadest of the year, but when we're going is a 'time to avoid'. <sigh> I'm guessing my mood will pick back up, just trying too hard to make everything perfect?

We leave for WDW on Tuesday and now I'm freaking about the weather. We are driving from MO and it looks like the South is getting slammed with a winter storm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter