Anyone Going to WDW in January?

brunette8706

DIS Veteran
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanuakahh all!

We're going to skip the holidays at WDW and go January 5th. I'm thinking the crowds will be much slower.

Anyone coming down to sunny Orlando at this time?

Brunette

Hopefully SUNNY Fla....we will be there Jan 9-Jan 15..we are also wishing for warmer weather..we heard that last year in Jan was their coldest..burrrrrrr.

We were in the World last year from the 9-15th. It was so much fun! All of the Christmas decorations were down with the exception of the four large Christmas trees at the beginning of every theme park. Lines were pretty much non-existent. I think the longest lines were the big ones- like Soarin for around 45 min tops. It's a great time to go. However.. it was SOOO COLD. Like a pp mentioned, I can't remember a winter in Orlando that cold. I brought down one pair of UGGS that I had worn on the plane and I wore my UGGS every day in the park that week. There was one day in which it wasn't so bearable- say high 60s/low 70s with lots of sun. My friend and I hit the AKL pool in hopes of getting some sun (hey- we're from NH and I go to school in upstate NY). As soon as we sat down on some chairs and were settling in, lifeguards came up to us and told us that the pool was still open, but that the lifeguards were not on duty- basically "swim at your own risk." This was fine b/c the only body of water that we touched was the jacuzzi. (This was the AKL Sanaa pool; I'm not sure if they closed the main pool at Jambo House on that day.) All in all, it was a great trip. We were staying on DVC points so it was a great value for us (as usually we use the max. points b/c we stay during the busiest times of year). The food and service was all good. We didn't see any touring groups. We loved AKL (the last time we had stayed their was before DVC was added into the resort). Have fun, all, and bring layers!!! Just in case! ;) (And a bathing suit too isn't a bad idea!)

We've made some January trips with weather that was very pleasant, and pretty darned cold. I think you have to go with the attitude that "sure it's cold, but it's even colder back home...AND I'm in DISNEY WORLD!!!":earsboy:

Hello All!

Great thoughs/replies! Thank you. Yes, we have been in January before and YES, it has been freezing! LOL! Of course I remember going years ago and I was in shorts. Maybe it's hit or miss for the weather? LOL!

The holidays at WDW is fun, but it's just so darn CROWDED! Sometimes that in itself makes it unpleasant. LOL!

Love the low crowds though, you can't beat it!

I'll be there 1/4-5 as well. I too am hoping for low crowds. I'm optimistic!
We are going to MK upon arrival on Tuesday. We have dinan AD at the CG that evening. Wednesday will be spent @ EPCOT. The plan is to have lunch at Via Napolis. We can only stay until 3pm on Wednesday, the whole purpose of the trip is going to the Marshall / Univ. of Central Florida basketball game that evening. Oh yeah, we are staying @ ASMu

We're going to skip the holidays at WDW and go January 5th. I'm thinking the crowds will be much slower.

Brunette

The past 3 years we have gone down for the first weekend in January for Marathon weekend. Keep in mind that the 8th and 9th are the WDW Half and Full marathons. The crowds will be low during the week, but as you get closer to the weekend, the crowds will definitely pick up.

Last year it was freezing during that time, almost as cold as at home! Hope it is warmer this year!! have a great time!

We are going down Jan 12-19th for our first family trip (ANYWHERE!) I am counting down the days till Christmas morning when this big SURPRISE can finally be celebrated!:woohoo:

I'm just trying to get past Christmas because then Disney will be that much closer. ;)

We're going Jan 29-Feb 6. I generally prefer October but it can't possibly be as cold as it will be at home, and it's Disney World. And mostly i'm all about the low crowds.

We'll be there from the 5th to the 11th. I'm running the half and full and am hoping for better marathon weather than this year. We go in Jan. and it's always beautiful. It's just hit or miss. The marathon weekend this year was below freezing and sleet. We came down 2 weeks later and we hit 70s at least and 80s a couple of days. So, you just never know.

I'm just trying to get past Christmas because then Disney will be that much closer. ;)

We're going Jan 29-Feb 6. I generally prefer October but it can't possibly be as cold as it will be at home, and it's Disney World. And mostly i'm all about the low crowds.

It's funny, I said the same thing last year when we arrived on Jan. 9. On the airplane we were seated across from a couple from Anchorage. When we landed the pilot told us the current temp was 32 and everybody gasped. The woman across from us said "It's warmer in ALASKA!"

This year we are HOPING for warmer weather, but we'll be prepared for anything.

I'll be at Saratoga 1/9/11 - 1/14/11. I am on the waitlist for my home resort of BWV but there were no other studios anywhere available except Saratoga on such short notice.

Brunette

You'll be in time for the marathon.

I'll be down Jan 29th through the 5th of Feb! Can't wait!!!!:cool1:

10-15 Jan. I just wish I knew what the weather will be, rather than packing for every possibility. My husband thinks it's going to be warm because it's warm there now.

I'm looking forward to less crowds and doing things we didn't get to do in Ought9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter