Anyone Going Solo for 50th?

pittsburghmarc

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if there is a thread for this, but just sending this out to see if any other Dis'ers are going solo for the 50th?

I'll be there for my 50th on 10/18 but not on the 1st. I'm arriving the 16th and leaving the 23rd.

Good for you! Staying on or off property?
On property all but one night. Will be there Oct 1-9. Original plan was Oct 3-9 but kept adding on the front end. One night at Riviera, Springhill suites, and boardwalk, then I’ll be at BLT the rest of the week. Not sure what I was thinking, but it gets me down there sooner!

I'm going to miss the actual day by one - leaving on Sept 30 - after a 10 day solo trip.

I had planned a departure date of Oct 3 so I could be there but I didn't book in time and couldn't get a MK reservation.

I was going to be there solo but cancelled due to COVID. Have another trip booked for New Year's Eve and am hoping that works out.

OK, for anyone who daydreams about trip planning in the group...

I arrive via Uber from the airport on property at 10am Wednesday 9/29. I have to leave property at 5:30pm to get back to the airport on Saturday 10/2.

I have 4 day park tickets with Hopper. And expect to spend all day 10/1 at MK.

How would each of you spend your park days on this trip?

We are checking out of the Swan on 10/1, DH is flying home and I will do Universal solo for a few days. I wasn't thinking about the 50th when I made our original reservations, I wish we were there this week instead of next as wait times look quite low this afternoon!

I arrive via Uber from the airport on property at 10am Wednesday 9/29. I have to leave property at 5:30pm to get back to the airport on Saturday 10/2.

I would start at Epcot since it doesn't open until 11. I would save AK for the last morning since it opens earlier and closes earlier. We often end up hopping after our HS and AK mornings.

I was kind of hoping to, but I never found a price on a hotel that I could justify. Flights aren't greeeeeeeeeeeat for that weekend and while I do know someone who wants a "roommate", she's staying at AOA for $300/night and that's too much for me to stay at a Value resort. So I might show up but I haven't pulled the trigger yet!

I'm doing a solo trip November! I can't wait to see all the 50th decorations and try all the yummy food

I’m the worst at planning for others than my family because I’d skip AK. 😂 How’s it going so far? Crowded? I get there around 2P tomorrow but have decided to enjoy the resort and skip parks for the day.

I have been looking at taking a trip to Disney for the 50th celebration but I am a little bit different. It will be going on for 18 months so I will wait until about the 12 months mark to go. I am building back strength from surgery anyway so I should be in great shape by then. Also, I love Port Orleans French Quarter for accommodations so want to ensure that one is back open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter