• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone following any covid protocols on cruises?

We’ve been double masking since Covid appeared. Thorough hand washing and we live on a farm 30kms from the nearest small town. We just tested positive today. We are so careful but …… now we have a 90 day exc. for our July 18 cruise. Tomorrow, Ontario is removing all mask mandates. I’m done with them, but I’ll still wash my hands as always. No symptoms thanks to 4 vaccines.

Edited to add the PCR test showed my DSis positive and me negative.

Last edited:
I just tested positive (only tested b/c I was exposed) and have very mild cold-like symptoms (congestion mostly) and even though it’s mild, I could not image dealing with this basically locked in an interior room for several days with no fresh air. My family members are still negative but this is certainly a reality check reminder that they do NOT want to get anything aboard and have to be isolated. We will be masking up as much as conceivable and probably skipping some shows (will roam the outdoor decks instead!). Any word on whether it is still definitely deck 2 for all isolations and not your state room?

I just tested positive (only tested b/c I was exposed) and have very mild cold-like symptoms (congestion mostly) and even though it’s mild, I could not image dealing with this basically locked in an interior room for several days with no fresh air. My family members are still negative but this is certainly a reality check reminder that they do NOT want to get anything aboard and have to be isolated. We will be masking up as much as conceivable and probably skipping some shows (will roam the outdoor decks instead!). Any word on whether it is still definitely deck 2 for all isolations and not your state room?
All of Deck 2 and the aft section of deck 5 was completely blocked off on the Dream last weekend. I assume it was for quarantine purposes.

All of Deck 2 and the aft section of deck 5 was completely blocked off on the Dream last weekend. I assume it was for quarantine purposes.
Yeah, it's been that way since early winter, at least. Deck 5 is also used for contractors and new employees that need to quarantine before working. When I did a back-to-back cruise in February, we debarked from the first cruise with a bunch of those folks who then went through testing and reboarded with us.

Just a FYI, it seemed like daily we got notifications thru the DCL app if you were experiencing any type of sickness to report it. I wonder how many who may have had Covid symptoms actually came forth to do so if the consequence was leaving your cabin and having to quarantine on deck 2……

We’ve been double masking since Covid appeared. Thorough hand washing and we live on a farm 30kms from the nearest small town. We just tested positive today. We are so careful but …… now we have a 90 day exc. for our July 18 cruise. Tomorrow, Ontario is removing all mask mandates. I’m done with them, but I’ll still wash my hands as always. No symptoms thanks to 4 vaccines.
You've been extremely diligent and proactive! How do you think you got covid?
Does that mean you cannot go on your July 18 cruise? Hope you are doing well.

Yeah, it's been that way since early winter, at least. Deck 5 is also used for contractors and new employees that need to quarantine before working. When I did a back-to-back cruise in February, we debarked from the first cruise with a bunch of those folks who then went through testing and reboarded with us.
We had a crew member next door to us on the Dream on deck 5 forward.

You've been extremely diligent and proactive! How do you think you got covid?
Does that mean you cannot go on your July 18 cruise? Hope you are doing well.
The PCR test showed my DSis positive and myself negative. Since we both feel exactly the same, headaches, congested, fatigue, it’s very odd. Now I have to either catch Covid and get an exemption or stay negative for 5 weeks. It’s really starting to feel like the 7 day cruise isn’t worth this stress.

The PCR test showed my DSis positive and myself negative. Since we both feel exactly the same, headaches, congested, fatigue, it’s very odd. Now I have to either catch Covid and get an exemption or stay negative for 5 weeks. It’s really starting to feel like the 7 day cruise isn’t worth this stress.
Maybe your antibodies were not enough at the point you tested. I would test again.

Agree with MWV DReamin SEveral friends and neighbors have shared symptoms within a family and one family member is delayed in testing positive by a few days. Repeat testing daily.
Feel better soon!

I came home after a recent cruise/WDW trip and had all the symptoms. After 2 days I tested negative. Still felt bad, so 2 days later retested and was shocked to see it go positive. Started the antiviral meds the same day per my doctors request. But my husband never got it.

Confirms everything I am hearing. Did the antiviral meds help? No relapse?

yes, I felt great, but when I finished them, my cough came back, but mild for a few days And scratchy throat. Though could’ve been my allergies too. Took a otc cough suppressant at bedtime for a few times. Its Been 8 months since my booster, but trying to get to august before I booster again. I have 2 cruises booked, early September and end of October/first week of November . So will boost prior and high dose flu shot too.

yes, I felt great, but when I finished them, my cough came back, but mild for a few days And scratchy throat. Though could’ve been my allergies too. Took a otc cough suppressant at bedtime for a few times. Its Been 8 months since my booster, but trying to get to august before I booster again. I have 2 cruises booked, early September and end of October/first week of November . So will boost prior and high dose flu shot too.
Good information to know. Got both my boosters being high risk. Cruising in August first time in 3 years exactly

Very confusing virus. DSis tested positive 4 days ago. We are 4x vacc. Flu/cold symptoms. Rapid test positive, mine too. PCR test the next day- she was positive but I was negative. I had same symptoms but now we think they weren't from Covid, just seasonal for both of us. I'm now rapid test negative. Strange. We share a home.

Very confusing virus. DSis tested positive 4 days ago. We are 4x vacc. Flu/cold symptoms. Rapid test positive, mine too. PCR test the next day- she was positive but I was negative. I had same symptoms but now we think they weren't from Covid, just seasonal for both of us. I'm now rapid test negative. Strange. We share a home.
Just read a article where some things people don’t test positive and others do. I enjoy learning information having a tricky autoimmune disease myself

My daughter was told that Flu will test positive for Covid. She was told she tested positive for Covid and her physician said he was positive she had the flu. She was told if her symptoms didn't reduce in 3 days to call back for antibiotic script. She called back in 3 days. Felt good while on meds and 2 days after meds she started to feel stuffed again so she was placed back on antibiotics.

There are so many factors that play in to a +/- result. PCR - how many cycles?? are you really positive or just showing viral rest, for example. Rapid test in my experience are a fluke too. Some people test positive forever with a rapid and some always negative and then one + PCR. If one is asymtomatic its like you drew a bad card testing postive.

My daughter was told that Flu will test positive for Covid. She was told she tested positive for Covid and her physician said he was positive she had the flu. She was told if her symptoms didn't reduce in 3 days to call back for antibiotic script. She called back in 3 days. Felt good while on meds and 2 days after meds she started to feel stuffed again so she was placed back on antibiotics.
I think your daughter needs a new doctor lol.

This was all so interesting to catch up on as I was the original poster. I am about two weeks out from having covid myself and feel so much better. I only tested on an at home test and it came up quick. But, luckily for me, I only had cold symptoms. It was more annoying because I had JUST gotten over a cold a few days before. No one else in my family got it so we must have done something right. We will be wearing masks on the cruise in crowded spots, however. No one knows how people will react to it. I'm lucky mine was light! Hope everyone stays safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter