Anyone fly into west palm?

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
Going to BWV to celebrate daughter 21 birthday.
Also paying for friends airfare.
Flights to MCO are off the carts expensive.
We have flown into Tampa on previous trips.
I checked West Palm and discovered that we could save ove $2,000
Plus the rental car is cheaper.
Any have experience flying into West Palm?
We would most likely stay on night in West Palm.

Last edited:
We have never flown into west palm but we live nearby and it would be about a 2 1/2 hour drive to get to Disney. You could always get a night at vero beach if you wanted it would break up the drive. I’d definitely pick west palm to save $2k

Last flew in two years ago. Nice little airport, rental cars are offsite but the major brands had a continuous circulating shuttle.

Going to BWV to celebrate daughter 21 birthday.
Also paying for friends airfare.
Flights to MCO are off the carts expensive.
We have flown into Tampa on previous trips.
I checked West Palm and discovered that we could save ove $2,000
Plus the rental car is cheaper.
Any have experience flying into West Palm?
We would most likely stay on night in West Palm.

Slightly longer drive but flights into Ft Lauderdale have been running cheaper then West Palm Beach.

My parents live there so I do this all the time.
Rental cars might be more expensive, but you can swap reservations at MCO if you wanted once you got to Orlando.

the drive is pretty much 3 hours to the Disney side of Orlando.

I used to fly from JFK to PBI to visit the in laws all the time before I moved to South Florida. PBI is a great airport. I'm South of PBI and my drive to BWV according to Waze is 2 hours 35 mins. From PBI it says its 2 hours 19 minutes. From FLL it's 2 hours 55 minutes.

Be sure to reserve a rental car before you reserve your air. Rental fleets have really been cut back.

I like the airport, but it’s a several hour drive to Disney. Have you checked out the Sanford airport? I think some of the bargain airlines fly into there.

It is around 3 hours -3 1/2 if you stop for bathroom break. You can either take the Florida turnpike or 95 -- I like to take 95 as it is more scenic and people drive faster so the extra few miles is made up for. you will still need to transfer to the Florida turnpike as you get closer to Disney. Sorry Florida turnpike fans it is just never ending grass and trees with few other cars around. Car rentals are easy some are actually in the airport some across form the airport but all will be via Shuttle. It is a nice small airport but food options are very limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter