• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever Reallocate Points from One Contract to Another?

This is not always the case. We have contracts with DH and myself. One has middle names and the other does not. One he is first and one I am.

They are both in my Dec UY membership. I think as long as it’s clear it’s the same people and the current membership number is included it should be fine.

But, any different owner who is added will trigger the new membership.
Legally, they should be different. It's why you must print and sign your name as it appears on the deed, rather than how you "normally" do when purchasing real estate. Full documentation, as you would fill out when purchasing a home for example, also asks you to identify any "aliases" you may go by, which would include full name versus shortened, "Don" versus "Donald", etc. Maybe they get sloppy at Disney, or maybe it's a Florida thing, but as far as the deed goes, typically they need to be identical.

The order of names wouldn't matter, just the type of tenancy and the legal names of the owners.

Legally, they should be different. It's why you must print and sign your name as it appears on the deed, rather than how you "normally" do when purchasing real estate. Full documentation, as you would fill out when purchasing a home for example, also asks you to identify any "aliases" you may go by, which would include full name versus shortened, "Don" versus "Donald", etc. Maybe they get sloppy at Disney, or maybe it's a Florida thing, but as far as the deed goes, typically they need to be identical.

The order of names wouldn't matter, just the type of tenancy and the legal names of the owners.

We did sign the deeds as written. Just saying that DVD put them in the same membership since it was clear the owners were the same people.

So one had legal names with middle and one had legal names without. Now, when we go to buy VGF, it will go into that membership so it will be interesting to see how they prepare the paperwork.

We did sign the deeds as written. Just saying that DVD put them in the same membership since it was clear the owners were the same people.

So one had legal names with middle and one had legal names without. Now, when we go to buy VGF, it will go into that membership so it will be interesting to see how they prepare the paperwork.
Here's a good explanation:
A legal name of an individual consists of one personal, or given, name and one surname/family name. The old common law recognized but one given name and frequently disregarded middle names or initials. It has been stated that the insertion or omission of, or mistake or variance in a middle name or initial is immaterial. However, while the omission or addition of a middle name or initial in an instrument affecting real property is generally considered immaterial, a variance in middle names or initials may result in defective record of title.

Even if identity can be verified through what is referred to as "off-record evidence" (passport, DL, etc.), the title can still be "defective" in that the legal names or the owner(s) are different. Not the end of the world, but I'd always make sure that EVERY contract I own has the identical name and tenancy to the others, to avoid any issues. I have a copy of my very first deed that I send along every time I buy a new contract, just to be sure.

Last edited:
Here's a good explanation:

Even if identity can be verified through what is referred to as "off-record evidence", the title can still be "defective" in that the legal names or the owner(s) are different. Not the end of the world, but I'd always make sure that EVERY contract I own has the identical name and tenancy to the others, to avoid any issues.

I just double checked and the current contracts I own do have middle initials.

So, maybe what I am remembered was other contracts we owned over the years?

They are not the same order, but does look like they are titled first middle initial and last.

I added a notation to the first post I made so not to confuse people!

I just double checked and the current contracts I own do have middle initials.

So, maybe what I am remembered was other contracts we owned over the years?

They are not the same order, but does look like they are titled first middle initial and last.

I added a notation to the first post I made so not to confuse people!
Don't worry. Someone will be along in a few minutes to say that's all wrong, that they have 72 different contracts with their name spelled differently on each (and their dog is even on one) and it's NEVER mattered. Ever. They've never had any problems, and it's probably poorly trained CM's, and they'd be happy to elucidate further, but they are running late and they have some water to walk on elsewhere. :rolleyes:

I think I have a similar question and am not sure it's answered here... so, if I have a contract at BWV and a contract at SSR - both under same membership - If I make a reservation for BWV at 10 months with my BWV points, can I switch that reservation to use my SSR points at the 7 month mark? Can I just amend the reservation to use a different contract's points without releasing the reservation since now I'm inside the 7 month booking window?

I think I have a similar question and am not sure it's answered here... so, if I have a contract at BWV and a contract at SSR - both under same membership - If I make a reservation for BWV at 10 months with my BWV points, can I switch that reservation to use my SSR points at the 7 month mark? Can I just amend the reservation to use a different contract's points without releasing the reservation since now I'm inside the 7 month booking window?
No you can't - unless there is still availability for the dates you reserved during the home resort priority booking period. System won't let you because it would be a way to get around the priority booking period.

If that worked, everyone would buy "cheap points" and get a priority booking period they are not entitled to for the popular, near-park resorts.

No you can't - unless there is still availability for the dates you reserved during the home resort priority booking period. System won't let you because it would be a way to get around the priority booking period.

If that worked, everyone would buy "cheap points" and get a priority booking period they are not entitled to for the popular, near-park resorts.
Yea, I figured that would be the answer... I'm wanting to add on a contract for my mom but was trying to see if it needed to be at the same resort. She travels with us so now I know it does. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter