Anyone ever get out of paying the change fee on Continental tickets?

runwad

Dis Veteran
My sister bought 5 non refundable tickets on Continental...I guess if she were to change to another date she'd have to pay $150/ticket to do so. Anyone know of any tricks to get around this? She spoke to a mgr but to no avail.

They were going on this "cheap" vacation w/her inlaws. Inlaws got a timeshare deal at Wyndham (hotel? on Irlo Bronson) and fil told her they'd get 4 days worth of admissions into the parks for all 7 of them. I told her I didn't think that was right that you usually only get one...so she called and yep only one day admission for 4 people. I feel so bad for them, now they don't want to go and she just got her airfare on friday. I don't know what to tell them to do. They're going 10/5-10/10 and now a budget vacation just turned into a very expensive one. Any suggestions? Thanks

Since she is locked into the tickets, I'd make the trip and enjoy things besides the Disney parks if they aren't in the budget. You can still visit DTD and the resorts. You can enjoy your hotel pool. Universal has pretty good deals.

Lots of ways to have fun without breaking the bank.

Sheila

Her best bet is to hope for a schedule change in the flights. If they change the flight time (which is VERY likely these days) she does not have to keep the flights.
We canceled flights from Delta when they changed ours. We got 100% back on our nonrefundable flights and bought Continental instead. We had to push to get it as they only wanted to credit us or move us to a new flight. I told them the other times would simply not do and demanded my money back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter