• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else with mixed vaccines concerned we won't be accepted as "fully vaccinated"?

But it says by up to 4 days before or after? that's not a lot of time given the interval that Canada has been using.

Upto 4 days before - so in case someone got it a few days early.

Or at any time after - this could be one day or a number of weeks.

I think the timing will then be an issue. From what I'm reading, if the doses are more than 6 weeks apart you aren't considered fully vaxxed to the CDC. Obviously another tangle for Canadians to sort out. I am just about 5 weeks from my Pfizer, should I be trying to get another dose asap? Or do I wait and see? My "plan" is to wait for the drive across border to open without the testing requirements, then it if's still an issue, perhaps a single dose of J&J in the US and I'd be considered full vaxxed there. But we'll see how it all goes I guess.
I would be getting the Pfizer second dose right now.

I would be getting the Pfizer second dose right now.

The problem is I'm in Canada and not sure it's "allowed" or if they would even let me get it. Quebec has announced they will allow it but Ontario has yet to follow.

The problem is I'm in Canada and not sure it's "allowed" or if they would even let me get it. Quebec has announced they will allow it but Ontario has yet to follow.
Sorry, are you American, or Canadian?

My opinion is that the US tourism industry will put pressure on the US government to change guidance to align with other countries but it's not clear how long that will take. As others have said, there are European counties mixing doses (Germany) and many used 8-week intervals between doses (UK). That's too large of a customer base for the US to be blocking. The people in the UK are already fairly annoyed that US citizens can go to the UK but UK citizens can't go to the US.

Sorry, are you American, or Canadian?
@hdrolfe is Canadian. She has had a mixed vaccine schedule of two doses so far (AZ and an mRNA).
I understand now. Honestly, I think the powers that be will figure this out soon. If we wait a few weeks, I'm sure there will be an announcement.

I really need to proof read better when I'm lacking sleep... I meant to say I am in Ontario, but yes I am Canadian in Ontario, and know Quebec is allowing people to get another Pfizer but don't think Ontario has moved to do so.

I have until December for PIF on cruises that are to sail in March... I hope for better news before then. I have no desire to cruise as "unvaccinated". I currently have no desire to go the US until then, they seem to be in the midst of some issues with the Delta variant and my son isn't vaccinated yet so I'll wait and see. But it is all still annoying :) And I will see what happens but have this "back up plan" of getting one dose of J&J in the USA should they open the border, if by that point things are not looking better.

I've decided I am not concerned . If I'm not allowed to travel because I did my part and went and got the AstraZeneca as soon as I could only to find out later that the recommendations changed 3 or 4 times and now everyone smiles at me sympathetically and says "well it's better than nothing" while they shrug, and then the recommendations changed again and I went and got a dose of something else to do my part ...
if I did all of that only to find out that my movements are still restricted after two years of being restricted and that it's not good enough to travel... well then my head will actually explode and it won't matter anyway because I won't have a head and nobody can travel without a head.
This will be me as well.

First I was upset at rushing out to take AZ because it looked like we were not (even close) to getting the numbers of vaccines promised by companies. Then all of a sudden there is vaccine coming out of the ying yang. So I came to terms with that...and then had to deal with all the info about AZ ( bloodclots, not enough to go around, vaccine mixing etc etc etc etc) My head is going to explode just with that!!!

When I look at other countries, we are NOT the only country that is vaccine mixing. Simply due to supply an demand with what is available. If countries/companies start to do this...it also starts more vaccine hesitancy as well as vaccine snobbery (not sure if that is even the correct word) but putting one vaccine to be better than others will create a whole slew of problems. If countries/companies don't want full vaccinated people ( who have had a mixture of vaccines ) who are still willing to travel...THEY will be missing out on $$$. Those $$$ are desperately needed right now.

We have done our part by getting vaccinated with what is available to us....now we are being told...that maybe what we got vaccinated with isn't good enough....REALLY :scared: :rolleyes1

I'm so happy to have come across this thread. I have been so upset about having Astrazeneca followed by an mRNA vaccine. I feel confident that I'm protected but I am so disheartened to see that there may be travel restrictions for people like us. You all made me feel better. I wish I could think more positively that things will work out.
I did reach out to my MPP and MP asking if our government would advocate for people with Astrazeneca/mixed doses and both responded that our government will not urge another countries government to do so. They went on to say how each country develops their own policies.

I'm so happy to have come across this thread. I have been so upset about having Astrazeneca followed by an mRNA vaccine. I feel confident that I'm protected but I am so disheartened to see that there may be travel restrictions for people like us. You all made me feel better. I wish I could think more positively that things will work out.
I did reach out to my MPP and MP asking if our government would advocate for people with Astrazeneca/mixed doses and both responded that our government will not urge another countries government to do so. They went on to say how each country develops their own policies.

That's a different message than my MP gave, I haven't heard back from my MPP yet but she's a bit unresponsive if she doesn't like the question.

"Many Canadians like you (and the Prime Minister) had mixed dose of vaccines at the recommendation of our health experts. Thanks to the cooperation of Canadians we are amongst the top in the world and number one among the G7 and G20 countries on vaccinating our population (even though we don’t have vaccine manufacturing in Canada).

While we are happy about bringing down the infections, our success in vaccinating has also led this challenge of mixed dose and we are working hard to resolve it.

We are working with the international community to make sure that people who are fully vaccinated in ways that Canadians recognize as safe and effective are also recognized around the world.

I know it affects you personally now but we are confident we will have solutions to Canadians with two different doses, hopefully in next few weeks."

That's a different message than my MP gave, I haven't heard back from my MPP yet but she's a bit unresponsive if she doesn't like the question.

"Many Canadians like you (and the Prime Minister) had mixed dose of vaccines at the recommendation of our health experts. Thanks to the cooperation of Canadians we are amongst the top in the world and number one among the G7 and G20 countries on vaccinating our population (even though we don’t have vaccine manufacturing in Canada).

While we are happy about bringing down the infections, our success in vaccinating has also led this challenge of mixed dose and we are working hard to resolve it.

We are working with the international community to make sure that people who are fully vaccinated in ways that Canadians recognize as safe and effective are also recognized around the world.

I know it affects you personally now but we are confident we will have solutions to Canadians with two different doses, hopefully in next few weeks."
Hdrolfe,
I very much like your MP's response better than the one I received. I wrote to my MP and MPP on June 18 and got a response within a week. When did you write your MP? I'm in Ontario, what province are you in?

Hdrolfe,
I very much like your MP's response better than the one I received. I wrote to my MP and MPP on June 18 and got a response within a week. When did you write your MP? I'm in Ontario, what province are you in?

Ontario, I wrote last Wednesday and got a response on Saturday (by email). MPP hasn't replied yet though and I wrote the same message on the same day (just asked what the province was doing rather than the federal government).

Ontario, I wrote last Wednesday and got a response on Saturday (by email). MPP hasn't replied yet though and I wrote the same message on the same day (just asked what the province was doing rather than the federal government).
My MPP said it's a federal matter, which is true but I knew that Doug Ford had Astrazeneca for his first dose and I thought he might ask Trudeau to advocate for people like us. On top of the mixed dosing issue, there's also the fact that the US never approved Astrazeneca and if the US does what Canada is doing, which is to only allow people to enter who have been fully vaccinated with vaccines that are approved in our country, then we have another problem too.

My MPP said it's a federal matter, which is true but I knew that Doug Ford had Astrazeneca for his first dose and I thought he might ask Trudeau to advocate for people like us. On top of the mixed dosing issue, there's also the fact that the US never approved Astrazeneca and if the US does what Canada is doing, which is to only allow people to enter who have been fully vaccinated with vaccines that are approved in our country, then we have another problem too.

I keep reading news reports that Ontario is pushing the feds to get the mixed doses approved for international travel. It's certainly all over the news, we aren't the only country mixing. And we are really not the only country who used AZ. I believe the US has so far been far more open with their borders than Canada.

I keep reading news reports that Ontario is pushing the feds to get the mixed doses approved for international travel. It's certainly all over the news, we aren't the only country mixing. And we are really not the only country who used AZ. I believe the US has so far been far more open with their borders than Canada.
Yes that's true. I know Angela Merkel had AZ and then Moderna. A number of EU countries are mixing doses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter