Anyone else with mixed vaccines concerned we won't be accepted as "fully vaccinated"?

2Lunds

DIS Veteran
I'm reading that it could take months (if ever) for mixed doses to be recognized internationally - I *really* hope I don't have to cancel our February trip FOR THE THIRD TIME :p

I'm reading that it could take months (if ever) for mixed doses to be recognized internationally - I *really* hope I don't have to cancel our February trip FOR THE THIRD TIME :p

This is a concern for my DSis and her DH, who both received AZ as their first shot. IMHO this will be resolved when the US opens the border, as there are so many people who won’t be able to travel there. If I’m not mistaken, didn’t the US supply us with an early delivery of AZ?

Nope. The US seems to be against anything relating to mandating vaccines. So I think it’s unlikely they will require vaccines. Remember they have been allowing us to travel there by air this whole time with no quarantine.

And we aren’t the only country mixing doses and places are already changing policies and accepting mixed doses. So I’m not concerned with other countries either.

YES!! I have Pfizer Moderna which seems to be fine but my sister who I travel with has AZ Moderna. Just reading through the DCL announcements and I can't figure out if she will be considered vaccinated or not. We are supposed to cruise in Feb. I know on Celebrity right now it is not an acceptable combination but I am also hoping that this can change. If not, can she just get another MRNA? lol!

You can fly to the U.S. right now with only proof of a negative covid test within three days of departure. However you cannot drive across (assuming you cancelled trips because you want to drive?) U.S. does not require proof of vaccination.

It is worded like this:
"All airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel."

From what I read in another thread this morning the same will be true for DCL for Canadians: proof of negative test (not vaccination information).

It is a different story for Europe, however. So if that's where you were planning to travel, then yes...we are waiting to see what happens.

Me, AZ & Pfizer. I realize it's not a concern for Disney or general visits to the US, but it is for cruising for sure, and likely for other countries (I had read maybe Bermuda or Barbados?). I've written my MPP and MP asking what the federal and provincial governments are going to do about this, no response yet. I do not want to have to get a third shot of something to balance things, it is very frustrating and makes me quite angry to be honest. Trying to do the right thing and now my travel is all in jeopardy.

Me, AZ & Pfizer. I realize it's not a concern for Disney or general visits to the US, but it is for cruising for sure, and likely for other countries (I had read maybe Bermuda or Barbados?). I've written my MPP and MP asking what the federal and provincial governments are going to do about this, no response yet. I do not want to have to get a third shot of something to balance things, it is very frustrating and makes me quite angry to be honest. Trying to do the right thing and now my travel is all in jeopardy.
It is definitely a pain. I think it was Barbados, but then they backed off and let travelers enter with mixed doses. It's also inconsistent across Canada with respect to vaccination cards/papers. In Ontario, our vax paper only lists your second dose, which is likely Pfizer or Moderna for anyone who had AZ as a first dose. So it will say 2 full doses completed and then Pfizer (or whatever was your second dose). In know that's not the case in all provinces.

This is a concern for my DSis and her DH, who both received AZ as their first shot. IMHO this will be resolved when the US opens the border, as there are so many people who won’t be able to travel there. If I’m not mistaken, didn’t the US supply us with an early delivery of AZ?
Yes, they did send the first batches to us. Nearest I can tell, there are just over 6M doses of AZ given out in Canada. I hope that is not too insignificant a number of potential travellers for the USA to consider granting an exception.

You can fly to the U.S. right now with only proof of a negative covid test within three days of departure. However you cannot drive across (assuming you cancelled trips because you want to drive?) U.S. does not require proof of vaccination.

Nope, I cancelled the first time because all travel was shut down at that point. I cancelled a Sept 2021 trip because I live in MB and private labs cost HUNDREDS of dollars for testing and I couldn't deal with the pain of testing both coming and going.

It is worded like this:
"All airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel."

From what I read in another thread this morning the same will be true for DCL for Canadians: proof of negative test (not vaccination information).

It is a different story for Europe, however. So if that's where you were planning to travel, then yes...we are waiting to see what happens.

I was hopeful that with proof of vaccination we could do away with the testing. I'm really not keen on the added expense, the stress of timing our tests, hoping we get results on time, and taking time away from the trip to make this all happen.

We're heading to WDW in a couple of weeks and yes, figuring out the whole testing regimen on both sides has been a chore (and an expense). Finally have it all lined up but it's adding additional cost to the trip, that's for sure.

We're heading to WDW in a couple of weeks and yes, figuring out the whole testing regimen on both sides has been a chore (and an expense). Finally have it all lined up but it's adding additional cost to the trip, that's for sure.

Where are you testing in the way home ?

Where are you testing in the way home ?
We're paying for convenience and having The Medical Concierge come to our room to do the tests on site. We've used them a few times in the past while visiting WDW for various medical things. You pay for the house call, but they come right to your hotel at a specified time, so no wasted time on the holiday.

We're paying for convenience and having The Medical Concierge come to our room to do the tests on site. We've used them a few times in the past while visiting WDW for various medical things. You pay for the house call, but they come right to your hotel at a specified time, so no wasted time on the holiday.

Can you share the contact info for this?

I would plan on making the mixing and matching of vaccines a hot button issue come the fall (if what is rumoured to happens moves forward, can't say what here).

Nothing like a little pressure at the right time to get the powers that be make things happen. Either get the WHO to allow the mixing and matching or give us a 3 dose (whatever we had for dose #2).

I've decided I am not concerned . If I'm not allowed to travel because I did my part and went and got the AstraZeneca as soon as I could only to find out later that the recommendations changed 3 or 4 times and now everyone smiles at me sympathetically and says "well it's better than nothing" while they shrug, and then the recommendations changed again and I went and got a dose of something else to do my part ...
if I did all of that only to find out that my movements are still restricted after two years of being restricted and that it's not good enough to travel... well then my head will actually explode and it won't matter anyway because I won't have a head and nobody can travel without a head.

I've decided I am not concerned . If I'm not allowed to travel because I did my part and went and got the AstraZeneca as soon as I could only to find out later that the recommendations changed 3 or 4 times and now everyone smiles at me sympathetically and says "well it's better than nothing" while they shrug, and then the recommendations changed again and I went and got a dose of something else to do my part ...
if I did all of that only to find out that my movements are still restricted after two years of being restricted and that it's not good enough to travel... well then my head will actually explode and it won't matter anyway because I won't have a head and nobody can travel without a head.
That's the spirit ;) ;)

http://www.themedicalconcierge.com/ I found this... would love some details on pricing if @PalmettoPath is willing?
There's a visit fee (it's a house call after all) and then the test fees, plus a lab courier fee. It's somewhere around 1k for the three of us I think (don't have the numbers in front of me that I wrote down). Remember, this is not a budget approach. But for us, time and convenience are well worth it. I personally don't want to spend any of my WDW time trekking off to a pharmacy or other test site, so I'm willing to pay for in-room service. They come right to your room at the time they say and they are very good. I remember when they even worked around our FastPass times once when we used them to remove DD's stitches that had to be removed in the middle of our Disney vacation. We've also had them come in for a case of strep throat and one other time. So we've had multiple experiences with The Medical Concierge at Disney over the years and they have always been professional. It was the concierge at VGF who first told us about them. You can also go to their place, of course. But the whole point for me is to make this the easiest and least disruptive way to get the tests done.

It was Barbados, but within days of that being made public they changed their mind. Same thing with Royal Carribean. They announced no mixing allowed and days later changed that. I think right now things are a mess but in a few months it will all be sorted out. Other countries have mixed as well, especially ones that used AZ.

It was Barbados, but within days of that being made public they changed their mind. Same thing with Royal Carribean. They announced no mixing allowed and days later changed that. I think right now things are a mess but in a few months it will all be sorted out. Other countries have mixed as well, especially ones that used AZ.

RCL has changed their messaging, but Carnival hasn't, most haven't actually. I don't cruise until March so I have time, but I PIF in December so want to be sure what's going on by then. I'm just disappointed in the uncertainty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter