Anyone else stranded in the North East?

DVCMikey

DIS Veteran
We were set to leave Tonight (Friday) night to drive down to orlando. We have this huge storm coming in and was wondering if anyone else in NJ or the North East is in the same situation as us?

They are saying about a foot of snow where we are, We already had to cancel our Saturday night hotel room. I plan on being up early Sat morning, plowing our driveway and then off we go. Hopefully the storm ends earlier than what they are saying and it isn't as bad.

DVCMikey said:
We were set to leave Tonight (Friday) night to drive down to orlando. We have this huge storm coming in and was wondering if anyone else in NJ or the North East is in the same situation as us?

They are saying about a foot of snow where we are, We already had to cancel our Saturday night hotel room. I plan on being up early Sat morning, plowing our driveway and then off we go. Hopefully the storm ends earlier than what they are saying and it isn't as bad.

I was wondering how this "monster" storm might affect people's Disney plans. We are in Massachusetts and are projected to have blizzard conditions and up to 3 feet of snow. Hope you get out and get to your magical destination!

I know a few people on another board I'm on are supposed to be flying out to Orlando on Sunday from NY and MA. Not sure how things are going to look by then, but I hope they still make it out. Last I heard the snow is supposed to last here in NJ until 1pm tomorrow, but you never know. Hope it picks up speed and gets out of the way so everyone can get on with their Disney vacations!

Actually someone reported on the POR thread they were to check out tomorrow and their flight has been cancelled and they were stuck IN Disney....what a place to be stuck!:thumbsup2

But with people checking in over the weekend, and it will start to ramp up for President's Day week, some people may have trouble extending their stay depending on the conditions at home.

I am in Delaware, so we are just getting rain, rain, rain, but one of my co-workers' daughter and grandson live in MA, on the Vermont border. She texted about an hour ago, that if you look out the window at her place, it looks like someone just shook up a snow globe!

I am in Delaware, so we are just getting rain, rain, rain, but one of my co-workers' daughter and grandson live in MA, on the Vermont border. She texted about an hour ago, that if you look out the window at her place, it looks like someone just shook up a snow globe!

We are in MA and that's just how it looks out of our windows right now. We're expecting up to 24" in the next day or two. I"m so sorry for anyone trying to get out this weekend.

I'm in RI. Predictions for 2-3 feet of snow, and wind gusts up to 65mph. I can deal with the snow etc., I just really hope we don't lose power. It will be awfully cold will no heat.

Not sure what part of NJ you are in but I'm in central/southern (Ocean County) and so far we are only having rain. If you could get out maybe it might be worth it to start driving today. I don't believe we are supposed to get snow until much later tonight. Just a thought. You might be able to get out before it gets bad :yay:.

DVCMikey said:

Ugh! We're in western PA, so it's mostly passing us by. Stay safe everyone!!!

I'm in RI. Predictions for 2-3 feet of snow, and wind gusts up to 65mph. I can deal with the snow etc., I just really hope we don't lose power. It will be awfully cold will no heat.

Thats what im afraid of........the power going out and having no heat :sad2:

OP - I hope you are able to get on the road without a problem tomorrow :thumbsup2

Now with the driving ban you will have to wait. I am in Ma and things are picking up...wind, snow etc. Glad this year we decided on Aoril and not Feb. Hope you get out! Safe driving!

I'm always stranded in the Northeast. :sad2:

Sorry. Can you tell I want to live in Florida? :thumbsup2

Here in way upstate NY we haven't really been "pounded"...just light snow all day long. Just cleared 8" off the drive way and it keeps on falling. Thoughts and prayers out to everyone destined to embark on a Disney trip. We fly out next Wednesday...hope all the traffic is cleared up by then. Wishing Pixie dust to all! pixiedust:

Stuck in NE but dreaming of Disney..

17 days yes dreaming of Disney and praying these lines don't go down.

F0FDF799-21C6-4A63-8502-549527477F36-1124-0000013198E50D88_zps0f15a727.jpg

Good luck on your trip to WDW.
We have about 8 inches of snow from Nemo - but I wished they named the storm Nero (burn down Rome) and not Nemo the cute little Disney fish :rotfl:

Last night I was making my disney ressie and the CM told me that they were almost booked to capacity right now with people who can't leave disney because of the storm.

Flyerfan said:
I'm always stranded in the Northeast. :sad2:

Sorry. Can you tell I want to live in Florida? :thumbsup2

I live in fl and hate it. Cannot wait to live back north

So sorry to hear about those of you stuck due to the storms and not able to head out for your trips. :sad:

I'm from western PA and the east coast folks are in our thoughts.

I hate the cold and snow.
I'm a Nurse and I want to Move to FL and work as a Nurse at Disney.
That's my dream job.

Be safe all of you East Coasters.

My wife is up visiting son in NH. Left day before storm now she is snowed in at a Raddison. They canceled his hockey games so now a little time to bond. My son wanted to experience a NE winter so this one is going to be in the memory banks for a while. Hope she can get back next Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter