Anyone else like Hotel Hopping? When will it return?

tigger2002

DIS Veteran
When will hotel hopping return? That is one of our favorite things to do. What hotels do you hop? Any particular order? We like to hit big areas that we can walk around like the boardwalk or GF/Poly.

Resort hopping never diapered as long as you were / are using Disney transportation.

You can now take the new walkway from the GF all the way to the MK and the CR. Making int a great walk from the Polynesian all to way to the CR.

Note: It can be quite hot and sunny during the day so plan to take breaks and or drink plenty of water at each resort. They do close the gate at the bridge over the canal where the Electricla Water Pageant is stored late in the evening and before about 6:30 AM.

Dave

Resort hopping never diapered as long as you were / are using Disney transportation.

Ok, I know this is :offtopic: but I have to comment because this is a funny example of what I call "auto-correct sabotage." :rotfl2:

The worst one I ever experienced was years ago, when I was writing an employee evaluation. I typed this: "Her outstanding professionalism serves as a role model for others." But, unfortunately, I had botched the spelling of "professionalism" badly and auto-correct saw fit to make this substitution:
""Her outstanding prostitution serves as a role model for others." :scared1:

Thankfully, I've always been extremely vigilant about proof-reading my work! That would have been some evaluation!!!!

I guess I was thinking that when I saw "policy still says you need an ADR or a Resort reservation to enter a Resort" that meant that you could not hop even if using Disney transportation. But it looks like you can use Disney transportation.

I guess I was thinking that when I saw "policy still says you need an ADR or a Resort reservation to enter a Resort" that meant that you could not hop even if using Disney transportation. But it looks like you can use Disney transportation.

It's one of those policies that has never been enforceable - nor has anyone really tried to enforce it. Before the parks opened, when the resorts were open for about a week beforehand, you needed to show a valid reason to be at each resort. You still need to show a reason to enter the parking lot in your own vehicle or in a Lyft/Uber. But you don't need to show proof of a hotel or dining reservation to board any Disney bus, nor do you need to show proof at the door to the resort. No one asks people walking around if they have a valid reason to be there. Even when we've gone to resorts with an ADR, no one needed to see proof of it until we got the actual restaurant. So it's one of those things that is technically not allowed but no one bothers trying to stop it.

It's one of those policies that has never been enforceable - nor has anyone really tried to enforce it. Before the parks opened, when the resorts were open for about a week beforehand, you needed to show a valid reason to be at each resort. You still need to show a reason to enter the parking lot in your own vehicle or in a Lyft/Uber. But you don't need to show proof of a hotel or dining reservation to board any Disney bus, nor do you need to show proof at the door to the resort. No one asks people walking around if they have a valid reason to be there. Even when we've gone to resorts with an ADR, no one needed to see proof of it until we got the actual restaurant. So it's one of those things that is technically not allowed but no one bothers trying to stop it.

There does seem to a be a current exception to this. People have reported being at Caribbean Beach and wanting to take the Skyliner to Riviera in the morning before Epcot opens. They have been denied access because they did not have an ADR for Riviera or the Epcot resorts. You can walk to Riviera from CB, but to get to the Epcot resorts in the morning by Disney transport from CB, you would need to use the Skyliner to DHS and then walk or talk the boats.

This summer we will be at Universal. =( (Family's choice...not mine but we couldn't get MK or Hollywood for our days so....) We will want to stop by a Disney resort (likely Pop or Wilderness Lodge) to eat breakfast one morning on an off day from the parks. Will we be allowed in to have breakfast or will they turn us away? What have they been doing lately? Would we have better luck at Wilderness Lodge since Pop is skyliner and they may assume we want to use that? (We aren't going to any parks but will want to visit "home" while we are in town.)

This summer we will be at Universal. =( (Family's choice...not mine but we couldn't get MK or Hollywood for our days so....) We will want to stop by a Disney resort (likely Pop or Wilderness Lodge) to eat breakfast one morning on an off day from the parks. Will we be allowed in to have breakfast or will they turn us away? What have they been doing lately? Would we have better luck at Wilderness Lodge since Pop is skyliner and they may assume we want to use that? (We aren't going to any parks but will want to visit "home" while we are in town.)

To park your own vehicle you need to have an ADR, so this will not work at POP. Make a reservation at Whispering Canyon and you’ll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter