• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else hitting new lows of "excitement?"

We bought a bird feeder. I'm having fun learning new types of birds that come visit.

Birds. Fun.
There's a neighbor whose backyard I can see from my property. He has always loved bird feeders and he's very diligent about refilling it. It's honestly nice to get the birds in our area because of that. Saw a cardinal today, seen blue jays and other kinds that I just don't know what they are. It's a simple thing but it can be peaceful (most of the time lol) to hear the birds and see them :)

I ordered a chuck roast in my grocery store curbside order. They were out of chuck roast and subbed in two porterhouse steaks in its place. I was pretty stoked.
major score! I love the substitutions - sometimes, you get great stuff worth a lot more than the store brand or item you are charged. Even when they sometimes don't work out, it's like a little surprise each time.

It was about the same price, off by maybe a buck or two.
walmart honors your original price - no matter what they sub in. EXCEPT for wine...they were out of their oak leaf house brand and subbed in two different brands - same type of wine, but they were priced a lot higher. But when you do curbside pickup, you can cancel any subs you don't want and you're not charged.

We got in the truck and drove to where our RV and stored to check the batteries and hubby had to do some maintenance. It was like a vacation. We ran the slides out and the awnings out. I opened the windows and the dog and I sat inside and read while hubby worked. The dog and I sit on the couch at home and read but this wasn't home/home. It was away home. That was my first trip away from home except to go into the office once a week to check the mail. Then a week ago we ordered Pizza Hut on line and went and picked it up. Even the dog was excited about that one.

We've been feeding and watching hummingirds, birds, and squirrels. Unfortunately, DS22 said he saw a rat on the deck one night . . . so maybe feeding a bit too much. :scared1:

The highlight of my weeks has been going to have groceries put into the trunk of my car. On Thursdays I pick up produce, and on Fridays I go to Walmart. Good times, good times . . . sigh . . .

Found name brand toilet paper, my fav brand even!

Bought a dwarf tomato plant. First time to any store other than grocery in months. It came with 2 little tiny green tomatoes already on it. I stare at them.

Since the stay at home, I have discovered hydoponic herb gardening. Stuff grows crazy fast, so it lets me pretend my thumb is way greener than it actually is. Yay for Amazon. Going to put the 'mater plant between the 2 herb systems so it will get the light and see if it survives.

There's a neighbor whose backyard I can see from my property. He has always loved bird feeders and he's very diligent about refilling it. It's honestly nice to get the birds in our area because of that. Saw a cardinal today, seen blue jays and other kinds that I just don't know what they are. It's a simple thing but it can be peaceful (most of the time lol) to hear the birds and see them :)
I have a bird feeder outside my kitchen window that I like to refill often. I’ve one that keeps the squirrels off and enjoy watching the cardinals, woodpeckers, blue jays, finches, and even the doves who eat the ground scraps. This year, however, a bunch of crows made a nest in my neighbor‘s tree and they have created quite a disruption to the bird ecosystem. Its interesting to watch them do their thing, but they are very aggressive and have been scaring all the other birds away.

sorry if it came across that way. I am always very excited when i find things. Trying to get supplies for our business and also sending items to 2 sets of elderly parents keep me constantly searching!

As CarolAnn noted, I was joking. I'm sorry I may have made you feel bad. That wasn't my intention. :hug: I was just being silly.

I organized my Tupperware today and it made me happier than it should have. I also got a little overzealous at the store with vegetables to try and grow this year. I’ve never guarded in my entire life but decided now would be a great time to try and grow tomatoes and peppers wish me luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter