Anyone else hitting new lows of "excitement?"

No, not today. Today was probably the peak of excitement of the 8 weeks I have been working from home.

Started work at 3am

4:03am an earthquake hit 300 miles from here, but shook my house, my chair shaking, pendant lights swinging.

Basically our entire 5 am newscast went in the trash.....one that some had been working on for 6 hours, and we scrambled to build a new newscast, with half the staff working form home.

I went to Home Depot today! First time I have been anywhere other than a grocery store since March 16th.

I think I found the right paint color for our office. :D Never thought I would be so excited to paint a room. And I picked out 4 flower pots for our back deck. Color on the deck ... one of my favorite things about summer.

We got to go out to dinner last night. It was gorgeous here so spontaneously headed to our favorite restaurant and asked to sit on the patio. They only had couch seating available. I told them I didn’t care if they stood me in the corner and threw the drinks at me.

It was so nice to be out and feel almost normal.

I belong to libraries in 3 cities.
This week, one of them has somewhat opened up: You call or go online and out books on hold. Then you get a call when the books have been pulled and you pick them up in a drive thru.

Today, my dd took her dd4 to another city to a strawberry picking. And I had the apartment to myself!

Last weekend my husband and I drove to Target to pick up cat litter for our elderly cat (She's 16 and super fussy about her litter, will only use the Target brand!) I sat in the car while he ran in to get it. That 10 minutes that I sat in the parking lot and people watched was pure bliss!!!! Now, I kinda regret that he bought 7 large jugs instead of 1, because I want to go back and sit in the parking lot again!!! Ha, ha!!

DITTO - to everything everyone has posted!!! I have managed to score TP, paper towels,1 triple pack of Clorox wipes, 1 can of Lysol spray, hand sanitizer, and Wet Ones hand wipes via my continuous scouring of the internet and every-other-week trip to Target (in line at opening). I get so excited when I find something I've been looking for that I text my husband before I've even managed to check out!
Thanks for starting this thread -it has given me a great laugh!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter