Anyone else experience bedbugs at POFQ?

Havent been scanning the resorts fully, but havent seen a bedbug story for a while! :surfweb:

OH NO! I wish I never read this. I am one of those people who get freaked out easily and grossed out in sleeping in other beds besides my own. I have since I was like 8 and it was reinforced with Dateline running a segment about cleanliness in hotel rooms. Last yr was the 1st I had slept in the sheets and I was about 20 yrs old.

Besides POR and POLY, have there been reports of BB in other disney resorts. I know they are just a regular hotel problem but I might be staying in CSR or POP and just wanted to know if they have been found there.

Okay--Let's See:

15-21 Nights Per Year
18+ Years
270-378 Nights in WDW Resorts

All Star Movies, Music, Sports
POFQ, POR, CBR
VWL, AKV, SSR, OKW, BCV, BWV
Disney Inn (Now Shades of Green)
Contemporary, Dolphin

3 Disney Cruises

Bed Bugs Encountered: 0

You really need to relax. If it happens, deal with it. There is no reason to get all in a tizzy regarding something you have no control over right now.

It does not matter how many times you previously stayed with out BB.

Personally I am glad the op posted. I am now aware and will check our room throughly before sleeping not only at Disney but everywhere we go.

We are going Sat. to POFQ so this does worry me! But, aside from looking for small blood spots on the bed or sheets(do we really need to take the entire bed apart and take the heavy mattress off the bed, the box spring, etc? not sure I can do that), how do we find them elsewhere in the room? We've always stayed at CBR and I don't remember luggage racks, but a bench that we used or I usually put mine on the floor in the vanity area, or DD19 puts in the corner by her bed. How do we see them on the tile floor or the bench or carpets? It does seem like a lot to have to crawl around on the floor and inspect every inch of the room and the walls, curtains, etc. I mean I'm on vacation and paid plenty for my room for the week to then inspect every little spot, and who's to say it's not just dirty? I've seen plenty of dirty spots in my rooms before. Find a spot and I could be stuck there for hours, taking up most of my day waiting for someone to come check things, etc.. Obviously I don't want bb's but what to do, and I'm not an expert at finding or knowing bedbugs if I were to see them. Yikes, it always something!! :scared1:

you should worry about them everywhere, not just WDW. it's a high traffic turnover for the rooms, but rooms everywhere have problems with them. like i've said in a previous post. i live 1100 miles or so from WDW and we had to close down a few rooms because of them. It happens EVERYWHERE!

Yikes!!:confused3 I wish I NEVER read this post!! I am due to stay at por with my family of 5 next wed.! We were planning on my son using the trundle bed, since we are a family of five. You know, I can't be like some people who just shrug their shoulders and say this can happen anywhere, yada yada yada! You know, when you are PAYING a small fortune to have a nice vacation for a family of five and the fact that my tiny 12 year old is considered a disney adult so that they can extract more money from us, with ALL the money that WDW rakes in - I would expect - yes - EXPECT their to NOT be a bed bug problem. I am calling the hotel right now. I want to talk to a cm to find out what this is all about. I am sorry, but I am furious to think that now I have to worry about bed bugs. That is one guest I would rather not have follow me back to my home!!! Yuck, yuck and triple yuck! Perhaps if people EXPECTED more from the hotels, the bed bug problem would be of UTMOST concern! You should be outraged! I didn't love the idea of all the money we spend at wdw - but, I sucked it up simply because I THOUGHT that disney was top notch....you got what you paid for, etc....well, I am not PAYING for bedbugs!
Oh well, sorry about all that ranting - I am just not gonna have a bed bug near me! :sick:

I'm not sure if this will make you feel any better or not, but POFQ and POR are two separate resorts. The OP was talking about bedbugs at POFQ, which is separate from POR, where you say you will be staying.

I do agree with you, that bedbugs are a nuisance, but they don't just manifest as if from nowhere. People bring the bedbugs into the resorts, and even the 5-star resorts of the world are affected by bedbugs. All we can do as the guests of the resort is keep our eyes open, and make sure not to bring in any of those little critters from home!

I hope that after you carefully examine your room, you have a beautiful, wonderful, RELAXING WDW vacation!

Not sure this will help anyone feel better, but our family stayed in two connecting rooms in building two from 12/17-12/28/ 2009. We checked all four beds and had no issues of any kind.

As well, we did not hear any talk around the resort of anyone having problems and we spent a lot of time at the pool, hot tub, food court, lobby etc. And you know how people talk - especially if there is a problem.

Just wanted to add-

Of the three rooms we had (there for a wedding) only 1 bed in one room had bedbugs. Everyone else thought I was nuts or had a rash.:confused3

I wore long pants and long sleeves to bed and tucked my pajama pants into my socks.:headache::mad:
I will make sure from now on- anywhere we go- that I have long pajamas or footed pajamas for myself and my son.:eek:

It took almost two weeks for the welts to go away. They were very painful and itchy. After we got home- I scratched them raw at night.:sick:

We were in Bldng 5- second floor at French Quarter... kind of facing the pool...I wish I could remember the exact room to spare someone else!
Not to scare you, but did you check your suitcases/clothing etc when you got home? Like Maxiesmom said, they can hitch a ride on your stuff and you can end up with a problem at home. My cousin had this issue with a non-Disney hotel and it is difficult to get rid of them..she ended up having to throw out her matresses and boxsprings, you have to wash everything in very hot water. In many cases, a professional exterminator must be called.

They banned DDT and this was the only thing that killed the little creeps.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter