Anyone eat at Shula's at the Dolphin?

Sinderella

Splash Mountain is my favorite!
My DH is a HUGE Miami Dolphin fan. Has anyone ever ate at Shula's in the Dolphin? If so, was it worth the money? How is the atmosphere? Thanks in advance.

My husband and I ate there in March. I don't care about sports and other than the menu being printed on a football, I didn't think it was that "sporty." There are lots of sprots photos on the walls, but I thought it was about as far away from a "sports bar" feel as it could be. Sure it's pricey, but the food was GREAT! My husband thinks it might be the best steak he ever ate. Beware - the portions are huge and one side dish/potato is more then enough for 2 people. Some on these boards complain about the convention people being loud, but we didn't have any problems. I should mention that they didn't get my steak cooked correctly the first try, but then they comp'ed the dessert (a $14 choc. souffle for 2 - yummy). Enjoy!

Lisa

Ate at Shula's 2 weeks ago. It is an expensive meal, but the value is there. Excellent beef. Best prime rib on property (that is my opinion, but I have yet to find better).
The atmosphere is rather dark. Pictures and memorabilia everywhere from his coaching days. Lots of player photos.

I think Shula's has the best steak around. Classy restaurant, great food, friendly service. Go for it!

I ate there last month for the first time.

It was one of the best steak houses I've ever been to.

The portions are large, the service is excellant.

The atmosphere is very dark and rather loud. There are large framed portraits and pictures from the Dolphins undefeated season, luckily as a Patriots fan, it was dark enough for me to ignore the Dolphins stuff :p .

I must have worked some good mojo in there though, because two days after I ate there the Pats beat Miami. ;)

Seriously, it is a great restarant and well worth the price.

Great steaks in a sort of "upper class steakhouse atmosphere". As others have said, lots of pictures and things on the walls, but not a sportsbar... no TVs, except in the lounge area.

Great steaks, and true, no kids menu, but a reasonably well-behaved child is not a problem. Portions and sides are large enough to share with the little ones.

Did I mention they have great steaks?:teeth:

Bottom line... Expensive, but most definitely worth it if you are a steak lover. If not, I wouldn't go just because of the Dolphin stuff.

the reason to go to Shula's is not because you're a Dolphins fan, if that is case, just go look around, have a drink in the bar/lounge.
The reason to go tot SHula's is becasue it is an awesoem steakhouse! I have dined there about 5 or 6 times, and the food is excellent, service impeccable, and the atmosphere is dark (which I happen to love) great ambience.

Laura :)

7 days til WDW!!!!!!!!! YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!! :) Pinkbounc

I went with my DH in March and the food was A+- pricey but very delicious. As previous posters have mentioned, the sides are huge- could serve 3-4 people! Huge Dolphin pictures everywhere, plus footballs, trinkets...dark wood paneling...our service was spotty at the start (waited about 15 minutes to order...our waiter disappeared), but improved throughout the meal.

If it's anything like the Miami Lakes location, you will love it! They have the best steak in town. They are a little pricey, but the food is excellent. I would say they are comparable to Ruth Cris steakhouse.

Ok, this is going to sound crazy, but has anyone really enjoyed anything other than a steak here? My DH & DD both adore steak but they don't get it very often because I can't stand it. I'd like to indulge them both by bringing them here--but I'd love some recommendations of other entrees!

No one at our table ventured away from steak.
But the other items listed on the menu looked really yummy.
I say go for it. Based on our experience, I think anything you would order there would be top notch! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter