Anyone cruising May 8, 2004 Western?

Waaaahh! Its over....how fast was that just a blink of the eye...

Soooo many great things to say and would like to chat about all the great people I met and just a thing or two I did not like but will have to get to bed we spent 10am til 530pm in the orlando airport with a grouchy six yr old and boy was it traumatizing (ok I mean for me)

It's been fun.....and I just can't resist this one!! Please people...dont' get your kids hair braided.....it was more painful for me to watch the little girls cry in pain than it was for me to get my own done...and with peircings and tattoos I have to say I'd rather be getting that done than braiding...>MAN did it hurt!!

Bye for now!!

Miss Mass (back in MASS! BOOHOO)

All I have to say about the cruise is WOW. We had a great time and my DD and DS have said "Daddy, thank you for taking us on this wonderful vacation" at least 10 times a day, everyday. DW also loved the cruise and her suprise "extra" birthday/Mother's day present.

I searched and searched for any of you all who were having the Dis meet at the pool on Saturday to no avail. I even asked around on our Captain Marvin's Diving With the Stingrays excursion in Grand Cayman. I was very disapointed I never got to meet anyone of you but, hey, thanks for all the information and fun leading up to the cruise.

Here is something I found very odd about the cruise. I ate a LARGE breakfast everyday, big lunch, dinner and goodies after, went to Sessions for a couple of nightcaps (they had my favorite local beer, Yeungling, on tap), and had snacks everynight. The odd thing is that I actually lost a pound and a half and I never even thought of doing my normal run and or weightlifting. Is it the sea air? I took the time before leaving to write my weight down and checked threee different times and I actually lost 1 and 1/2 pounds.

Now I am sad because I have nothing left to count down to. We will probably not do anything Disney for the next two years and I am sad. There is always the pictures and video that I can drive DW, DD and DS mad with. Hey let's cue it up.... Later

We missed you GoofyGuy! We were at the pool most of the afternoon on Saturday and also made it to the DIS meet on Monday. We asked around for you, but ppl get a little offended when you go up to them and ask "are you goofyguy?" ;)

I'm doing my official weigh in tomorrow morning (never rely on nighttime weights!) I'm not hopeful that I've lost 1 1/2 pounds!

Sorry we missed you!

I am thankful I ONLY gained 4.....

That is great considering the desserts I consumed at the midnight gala!!! LOL

thanks all.

We had a wonderful vacation also.

KC22

Mike, great hanging with you guys.

Meesh, sorry didn't get to see you much.

KC

so long people.......... til we meet again.........

It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Even the 7 day cruise seemed to go to fast. Getting caught up at work now. Things should be back to normal by next week. We are already planning our cruise for next year - Alas not a Disney one as I wanted to do an ALaska one. RIght now we are looking at the NCL Star for Jul 10th 2005. Hope all of you are rested, relaxed, and have some great memories. It was our pleasure meeting all of you and it made it nice when walking on board to actually know someone. - Mike

I just wanted to send some pixie dust to Katdb and her mom. Hope your mom is on her way to recovery from her injury! I hope you get to take your 7-day Eastern cruise soon. At least you have that to look forward to. Thanks for organizing the DIS meet for us. It was nice to meet some of the people who have been posting here. It was nice seeing friendly faces around the ship too.

We really enjoyed our cruise, although there was too much to do! Next time we will have to make more time for just relaxing. My daughter was one of the kids picked from the audience to be one of the seven dwarfs for the Golden Mickey show. She really liked that (although my son was jealous)! The kids were so excited I had to remind them to pay attention in school and not talk about their vacation all day!

Our biggest surprise when we got back was that gas had gone up about $.16 per gallon while we were gone. It has continued to rise and is now at about $2.15 per gallon. Eek!

Take care everyone!

WOW on the gas price increase.....I put 20.00 in my tank this morning and it barely gave me 1/2 a tank...so prices can't be good. If I look at the price it makes me sick so I dont' bother anymore....hopefully one day I will fill it and go WOW thats CHEAP!!!

Does anyone know exactly what happened to make us turn around on the way to Mexico? Rumor has it it was appendicitis (sp) Just curious!!

Was a pleasure getting to meet you all, even though we didnt' spend much time together. Kerrin turned around a few times and said, "Hey, Mom..we know them!" and that put a smile on!

Take care everyone! We probably won't be doing another Disney cruise if at all not anytime soon but I hope to travel again next year at this time!

Hey Meesh,

So funny how we ended up with disboards tablemates on our first cruise!

I didn't forget about the photos that I will scan in for you. Hopefully I will get to that in the next couple of days.

I can't believe it's over!

Tell Kerrin Todd and I said "Hi"!

Wan

The people were sitting at a table next to my family, who had the person that the boat had to turn around for. I didn't pry into their business. But when we went to dinner that night the lady was sitting at the table crying and saying they had to take her dad back to Grand Cayman since he kept passing out, 3 or 4 times that day. I heard her talking again on the breakfast of our last day and he was still in Grand Cayman, they didn't know what was wrong. He was soon to be transferred to the states. He was just constantly passing out I guess.

I did manage to meet LeahPie, what a great family. We spent most of our time with them. Hopefully the relationship will continue. Other than that, I met KC at the Budget car rental place when we were picking up a new one after we left ship....Nice guy...My only regret, not getting to me the ever so boistrious Meesh....

My husband and I had such a great cruise. I'm so glad I
got to meet a lot of people. Then we kept running into
people all week, that was great. I can't believe the
vacation is over either. We did book for this Dec. 5 on a
4-day cruise with our two older granddaughters.

The bad part was I burnt my lips really, really bad. I'm
still in pain. And when we got home on Sunday, May 16
we found out that the head of our Department of Chemistry
had passed away in a car accident (he was only 49). I
work in the same office with his wife. I still cannot believe
it. Then yesterday I get the dreaded phone call every
parent or grandparent fears - your grandchild has just been
taken to the hospital. She has been diagnosed with a
really severe case of Cellulitis. She was totally out of it
yesterday, but we stopped by this morning and she is
still sick and hurting but at least she knew who we were
today.

Well again, I really enjoyed meeting all of you.
Mike & Gail

Originally posted by fireguy5620
I did manage to meet LeahPie, what a great family. We spent most of our time with them. Hopefully the relationship will continue. Other than that, I met KC at the Budget car rental place when we were picking up a new one after we left ship....Nice guy...My only regret, not getting to me the ever so boistrious Meesh....

LMBO!! OH, I'm sorry I did not get to meet more people and spend more time with the ones I did meet. DD ran me ragged! I had fun but it would have been great to chat with new people.
I am sorry we didn't get to meet fireguy...although I bet we probably saw eachother once or twice and don't even realize it. :crazy:
I am glad everyone had fun.

Oh and I forgot to say, I had a Disboard table mate Queenofthecastle...quite strange out of the thousands of people on that cruise....what a blast it was!!

Bosslady, I'm sorry about your tragedy. My heart goes out to you.
I hope your grandaughter gets better soon. I will send some pixie dust your way!!

Meesh

Originally posted by bossladypu
Then yesterday I get the dreaded phone call every
parent or grandparent fears - your grandchild has just been
taken to the hospital. She has been diagnosed with a
really severe case of Cellulitis. She was totally out of it
yesterday, but we stopped by this morning and she is
still sick and hurting but at least she knew who we were
today.

Well again, I really enjoyed meeting all of you.
Mike & Gail

Hope your grand daughter is better.....my daughter gets Cellulitis when she gets bug bites, happened to her twice already and she is alreayd scared of it happening again this summer!

Thank you guys for your concern. When she got released about two days later she broke out in SEVERE hives. They found out she is now allergic to penicillin. It his June 2 and she still has hives. If it's not one thing it's another.

But I'm finally relaxed enough that maybe I can start planning for our Dec. 4-day cruise where I'm taking two of my grand-daughters. I'd take all three but I can't afford a bigger room or two rooms. Disney really makes it hard for people with 3 kids.

Hey Meesh,

So funny how we ended up with disboards tablemates on our first cruise!

I didn't forget about the photos that I will scan in for you. Hopefully I will get to that in the next couple of days.

I can't believe it's over!

Tell Kerrin Todd and I said "Hi"!

Wan

Hey lady, remember me? ;) I'm baaaaaack!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter