anyone a pro with scholarship stuff?

I am the director of a school for students with autism and am currently reviewing resumes to fill a teaching position. It would be barely a blip on my radar if I saw 2 years at a community college on a resume. I don't care at all if someone lived on campus. Never thought to ask.

Can I ask who that employer was -just generally-a retail store, accounting office etc?
I have never heard of such detailed questioning on your college classes!wow
It was a government job. They didn't ask about classes specifically, just total units. I don't really know it off hand. Like I know when I technically became a Sophomore, Junior, Senior, but since I started with AP units that weren't "earned" at any specific school I don't think I've ever known total off hand. I did once have to give transcripts after I had a job. That particular job required a license which determined my pay scale. But otherwise the most I've had on my resume is the last 8 years or so is the name of the last school I went to, my major and I'll list relevant coursework (almost always computer science or art) at the bottom or I might mention in the cover letter that I studied something specific.

Some students live on campus, some live off. The vast majority of both end up perfectly fine, and I doubt either ends up better than the other.

Some students go to private schools, some go to public schools. The vast majority of both end up perfectly fine, and adjusted for demographic date, I doubt either ends up better than the other.

Some students go for four years to one school, some students transfer between schools (either from a community college or from another 4-year school that wasn't the right fit). The vast majority of both end up perfectly fine, and adjusted for demographic data, I doubt either ends up better than the other.

In a very few industries, a school's network and reputation can matter more than perhaps it should, but in the vast majority of industries and companies, it really doesn't count for much, particularly after that first job. And 99.5% of people work in the industries where it doesn't particularly matter, so some on the Dis are giving way too much power to the small segment of industries where it matters.

There are fewer than 50 truly elite colleges and universities in this country and millions of intelligent young men and women, and those intelligent young men and women generally do just fine wherever they end up, as long as they give it their best shot. There is way too much obsession, including I'm embarrassed to say at times from me, with "prestige" over "fit" and "where do I want to go." I'm trying to break that habit, because I've learned enough over the past few years to know I'm wrong and looked pretty foolish and pretentious, and I hope others will try to grow up, as well.

In even those most snooty of industries, I have never heard of prospective hires being screened for whether they lived on campus, off campus, or at home. I cannot even fathom that. Yes, there can be a value to the friendships that are built up in a dorm (some of my best friends were my roomates/housemates in my first year), but students who don't live in a dorm build those exact same types of relationships in other ways and it is absolutely ridiculous to think that they do not and cannot.

The thing that I do think is very important, and too often is undervalued when looking at schools, is the ability to graduate with the degree of one's choosing in 4 years (or the appropriate length of time for degrees that take a longer time), as regardless of the school, wasting 2-3 extra years on a degree drives up the cost hugely, both in extra tuition and in lost income from starting your career. But there are schools of every shape and size that do that well, so to try to lay out a one-size-fits-all rule for college attendance is silly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter