Anyone a diabetic and on WW?

shmoogrrrl

Tigger Goddess
I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who was a diabetic and also on WW? My Endocrinologist recommended WW and I've been on it about a month now. I have lost about 10 pounds on it, which is great, but now I have started to have issues with low blood sugar and I wonder if anyone else had the same issue?

I'm hoping that it is just an adjustment period of some sort? Maybe because I am eating less, it is keeping my blood sugar lower and I will just get used to it over time? My A1c before I started was 6.2, but it has been much lower (5.0 when I had my son, thanks to insulin!) so it isn't like I haven't had numbers in the double digits before. The biggest problem is that I get low blood sugar and I have to eat something which throws off my points plan for the day! It is pretty annoying. Any thoughts on how to deal with that? I do try to stick to low point items to deal with it, so that I don't totally throw away my point allotment for the day!

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has had this issue!

Hi,

A lot of it has to do with what you are eating.

How many carbs are you consuming at each meal?

Are you just controlling it with diet, or are you taking medications, such as Metformin, as well? You mentioned insulin. Was that just during pregnancy, or are you on it now?

If you are taking medication it maybe that you need to reduce the amount you are taking.

You have to remember that you are eating less and probably consuming fewer carbs.

Even if you tried to eat 1 or 2 strawberries maybe that would help with you low, and you would not throw your points off too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter