Anybody here does Shaun T's Insanity?

I started last week. We did the five straight days but took two days off instead of just one (we had family in town we never see, we were going to come home and do a late workout but decided to sleep at DHs grandparents instead since we live an hour away; we feel it was an acceptable excuse to miss :) )

I LOVE IT SO MUCH! I've always had issues working out. I hate going to the gym or being in front of people and I have no will power to keep myself going. Same with dieting. I diet GREAT for about a week and then fall apart.

We have a friend who was an alcoholic (not for very many years so quitting wasn't much of a physical problem) and had a big beer gut. We're only 23 and I knew him in highschool when he was super fit. In the same week he went from getting flat out drunk every single day to only drinking once a week and he started Insanity. He's still doing well drinking and he's lost ten pounds in about a month. Me and DH decided if he can do it, we can do it and we took the plunge!

And I'm happy to say I lost five pounds the first week. :) (my goal is to lose 30 by our Disney trip in November. That's my "healthy" weight for my height but knowing myself I think my body type will only allow me to lose 20-25, we'll see).
The expense was keeping us going at first and now we just feel good about it. And neither of us likes to ruin the hard work with crappy food so dieting has been going well!

So excited :goodvibes

DH and I are doing the Insanity videos, but not the program. Meaning we are not doing a video 6 days a week like they recommend. With two kids, working full time (LONG HOURS + commuting) and kids activities, it just isn't feasable for us to have an hour to exercise at the end of the day, every day. And we already wake up at the crack of dawn, so early morning isn't an option either.

I know for us, trying to do 6 days a week would set us up for failure, so we are trying for at least 2 times a week, and hopefully 3, which is defnitely better than nothing. We also supplement this with other activities like usually running once a week and playing baseball 1-2 times a week.

Regardless, the videos are brutal. We've never sweat so much in our lives!

However, does anyone else hate how the warm ups and cool downs involve so much leaning over? It makes me feel dizzy, especially in the cool down, with having my head below my heart for so long. Does he ever end up changing the cool down routine? Usually DH and I do our own cool down stretches as I really don't like his.

other than that :thumbsup2

I mixed it up today a bit. Did a hybrid of Insanity and P90x ab ripper. Ouch. But a great workout!

Excited to be on my last go-around of the videos.

Last night was my last Max Circuit. My last time seeing Ariel almost get her head knocked off by the break dancing guy. Also, in this last month, I have noticed there are two Ariels! There's an R-E-all and an air-E-L ... I think. Anyhoo, four more days, and then a week off (or just going to the gym).

I think next will be the lean p90x program. I should just probably do Insanity again but I want some sense of accomplishment and closure. Maybe I'll come back later!

And as always, keep up the good work everyone!!

Burkelands, I am SO excited for you!!!! I had to take the past 2 days off because I injured my arch in my left foot from Max interval training. I have extremely flat feet, and the amount of jumping involved has taken its toll. Back to it tomorrow though (although I think I'm going to wrap my foot first).

That breakdancing guy drives me nuts. Poor Ariel....another 2 inches and that could have been tragic!

I have a question for people on the second month of Insanity. We got to the second fit test today and I started SERIOUSY out of shape but I'm definitely noticing results and I'm able to do more of the video. But I still take lots of breaks and can't do a lot of things.
Would it be better to repeat the first month until I can actually do it before moving on to month two? Or would it be better just to struggle through month 2? We'll probably do the cycle twice anyways.
Opinions?

Sam,

I also have to take lots of breaks too. I am not near the fitness level of those crazy people in the videos and even they take breaks. So, I pushed through and moved to month 2. I am going to give myself a couple weeks off when I am done and do another round, and maybe I'll be more successful.

Did you happen to notice how easy the warmup was on the fit test after doing those insane warmups in the other videos? That was the indication to me that I'm getting more in shape:-), the first fit test, I was dying through the warm up!

I may start it again. The last time. I ended up in the ER with a strained lower back muscle. Ouch!

Yep did it last summer, but got pregnant again. I guess thats what happens when your working out with your spouse with all those endorphins!

Currently 7 weeks postpartum and just added Insanity to my Chalean Extreme rotation and doing a hybrid of the two. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter