Anybody here does Shaun T's Insanity?

cseca

<font color=darkorchid>My legs are wimpy but my wi
I'm hoping to have a buddy to vent/cheer to/with about this crazy program... :flower3:

Currently in my second week, on my third try. Vow to finally finish. I need to drop some pounds before I start training for the Disney Marathon.

The problem I always run into is traveling for work. Next month I have to get through trips to Seattle and Boston. Luckily I know the moves well enough I could just listen to the videos on my iPod.

How far are you?
Will Josh ever not over stretch?

I started Monday! I'm so excited about this program! My husband did P90x twice, and tried Insanity, but it wasn't for him. I love it so far! I can't even make it all the way through the warm ups without taking a break, but I take a break and push on. I'm average weight, 132lbs, 5'4", but after having 2 kids, I really want to be more toned. I've seen the p90x results first hand, so I know Insanity can get me where I want to be if I put in the effort and don't give up.

Good luck!

YAY!!!
Someone else are doing this crazy program too!!!! :wave2:

Burkeland, I'm on my second week first try... :lmao:
So far I'm doing ok. I don't think I ever cursed during an exercise before. Shaun T managed to get me to do it.
I honestly don't think I'll do the second month before going through the first month at least twice. I'm thinking three times.

I think it's funny how the people on the DVD worked so hard when Shaun came over to talk to them and then they look like they're going to pass out as soon as he walked away...

I am ok for the first 15mins and then iffy afterwards. Definitely taking more than the alloted breaks in the program.

Good luck during your travels! I can imagine how difficult it is to follow the complete program when you're on the road. It's hard enough not being on the road.

mjlewis,
I know what you mean about 2 kids. I have this jiggly belly skin that just won't go away. Doesn't matter how hard I work my abs nothing is showing... sigh...

I hate Shaun T. :rotfl2:

I made it about 2 weeks through the program a few months ago...very intense. My DH, on the other hand, is doing his 2nd round of it, getting in shape for our July trip. I am opting for other methods (i.e. our elliptical, eating better, etc...)

His "Hip Hop Abs" program is a little more tolerable.

Good luck to you all!!! :cheer2:

I hate Shaun T. :rotfl2:

I made it about 2 weeks through the program a few months ago...very intense. My DH, on the other hand, is doing his 2nd round of it, getting in shape for our July trip. I am opting for other methods (i.e. our elliptical, eating better, etc...)

His "Hip Hop Abs" program is a little more tolerable.

Good luck to you all!!! :cheer2:

LOL....

I actually cannot send the man but then I find that after the second or third time of anyone on a DVD I start to revolt. It's something about the bad (after hearing them again - and again) jokes and comments. Some with Tony H

Now don't get me wrong, the program kicks A. I was in near peak condition and failed to make the first week without punting. I do throw a dvd in on occasion for a hard non repetitive motion cardio session.

I think with all DVD's a wise student will first understand who they are and where they are physically prior to starting a program. I use them as a supplement and definitely borrow sets from both Tony and Shawn

We just finished our 3rd round of Insanity and are on our 2nd round of Asylum! I love, love Shaun T! For those just beginning, it never really gets easier but if you stick with it, you do get better at it! As far as travelling, we just took our DVDs with us and took our laptop down to the hotel gym first thing in the morning. On our 1st round last year, we started month 2 during our annual WDW trip....you shoulda seen the looks on the faces of everyone in the gym at AKV when we started Max Interval Circuit :rotfl: Good luck everyone and let me know if you have any questions or just need encouragement!

Urgh ... This morning was day 6 second week for me. Good golly it was nutso. I don't know how he could possibly think 40min of crazyness is not enOugh. Let's add another 15min of abs shall we? Blah....
So happy tomorrow is an off day.
I don't know how you guys do 3 rounds already. I think I'll be ecstatic to finish 1 full round:lmao: I'm thinking that'll take me a month and a half :)

Jimandami I agree that it hasn't gotten any easier. It amazes me because usually after 2 weeks of a program I can feel some improvement but this one is rough going.

Very good program, but intense. I tried it three times but gave up because I don't think I was conditioned enough at the time ...

I then found running, fell in love with it, and now I feel that I am more conditioned, and I would love to try Insanity again! :cool1:

(although that has to wait because of the injury I have, but no matter, can't wait to kick it).

Finished 8 days so far!!! I'm LOVING this! I've never wanted to strangle someone as much as I do Shaun T, but I love the way he pushes me. No scale movement yet, but I kind of figured that since I don't have too much to lose. My husband did comment that my thighs, etc, were looking more toned yesterday, and I think I agree.

Today I reached my new goal of not taking an unscheduled break before someone on the video does. Of course this made me worthless for the final few exercises and cardio abs was not fun.

Anyhoo, in my 2+ weeks I've yet to lose much weight, but definitely have lost weight. Also managed to improve all (but one) of my fit test exercises. Looking forward to finishing the first month next week!

Very good program, but intense. I tried it three times but gave up because I don't think I was conditioned enough at the time ...

I then found running, fell in love with it, and now I feel that I am more conditioned, and I would love to try Insanity again! :cool1:

(although that has to wait because of the injury I have, but no matter, can't wait to kick it).

I hope you'll feel better soon!
I was the other way around. I got weak knees from running to far too quickly. So I had to find a different exercise... hehe...
I know Insanity isn't great for people with knee injury but I'm being super careful with my exercises.
Hopefully you'll get better soon and can hop on the insanity train... :thumbsup2

Finished 8 days so far!!! I'm LOVING this! I've never wanted to strangle someone as much as I do Shaun T, but I love the way he pushes me. No scale movement yet, but I kind of figured that since I don't have too much to lose. My husband did comment that my thighs, etc, were looking more toned yesterday, and I think I agree.

:rotfl:
Ain't that the truth!!!
Seriously, that guy is not right in the head.
I agree that the legs are the first ones showing improvements. I was doing Jillian's 30day and Ripped in 30 before this and I feel like this one definitely tones my legs faster. Not sure about my arms tho... :rolleyes:

Today I reached my new goal of not taking an unscheduled break before someone on the video does. Of course this made me worthless for the final few exercises and cardio abs was not fun.

Anyhoo, in my 2+ weeks I've yet to lose much weight, but definitely have lost weight. Also managed to improve all (but one) of my fit test exercises. Looking forward to finishing the first month next week!

Way to go!!! :thumbsup2
Tomorrow's my second fit test. I hope I improve a little bit.
I hate those power jumps, if I can improve that one that'll be awesome.

Woohoo I did see some improvement :)
I didn't see any on the switch kicks or the knee one so I was really bummed but the others I did pretty well. I'm quite impressed with this program so far. Hope you all are seeing good results too.

Time to start my 4th week. It'll be the farthest I've gotten! Also there only seems to be one more Cardio Power, which is my mortal enemy. Something about doing all those squats during warm ups that drains me of energy before getting to the intervals.

Today is Pure Cardio/Abs. Once again I will be upset how everyone is happy and dry at the start of Cardio Abs while I'm a sweaty mess.

Time to start my 4th week. It'll be the farthest I've gotten! Also there only seems to be one more Cardio Power, which is my mortal enemy. Something about doing all those squats during warm ups that drains me of energy before getting to the intervals.

Today is Pure Cardio/Abs. Once again I will be upset how everyone is happy and dry at the start of Cardio Abs while I'm a sweaty mess.

I KNOW!!!!!!!! :mad:
Isn't that just maddening?
I told my husband that too. He does the dvds at night while I do mine in the morning. Apparently it doesn't bother him as much as it does me... :lmao:

YAY for 4th week!
I have 2 more days before starting my 4th week.
DH said that my legs look a LOT leaner... :yay: he's such a good hubby... :lmao:

Will you go straight through to the second month after recovery week or will you repeat the first month?
I'm curious to hear what you think about the second month.
I'll be repeating the first month for sure.

Will you go straight through to the second month after recovery week or will you repeat the first month?
I'm curious to hear what you think about the second month.
I'll be repeating the first month for sure.

I think I'm getting to the point that I wouldn't be receiving the full benefits of the program if I went back to the beginning.

My girlfriend just started the second half and was saddened to find out the videos are about an hour (more on the double video days). Glad I know now so I can be mentally prepared in a couple weeks.

We don't compliment each other but we tend to poke each others' lower backs since we've never had muscles there before.

I know it's a ways away but any thoughts on what you'll do after? I think I want to continue onto Asylum afterward, just have to figure out how to build a pull-up stand in the yard. The pains of not having any doorways near my workout area.

I think I'm getting to the point that I wouldn't be receiving the full benefits of the program if I went back to the beginning.

My girlfriend just started the second half and was saddened to find out the videos are about an hour (more on the double video days). Glad I know now so I can be mentally prepared in a couple weeks.

We don't compliment each other but we tend to poke each others' lower backs since we've never had muscles there before.

I know it's a ways away but any thoughts on what you'll do after? I think I want to continue onto Asylum afterward, just have to figure out how to build a pull-up stand in the yard. The pains of not having any doorways near my workout area.

You two are brave souls!
You both should turn in your pictures for the free t-shirt after the 60 days :thumbsup2
It is rather amazing to see the different muscles showing up... hehe... although after 2 kids, I'm giving up on seeing any abs on the outside.
Oh well, small price to pay for 2 incredible munchkins... :)

I read about the extra time on the second month too. That's why I'm not too excited about starting that either. I'm already having trouble finishing the exercises before DH has to leave for work. Once I have to do the second month waking up at 5am is going to be :headache:

Urgh... I was thinking about P90x after this. I am too scared to think about Asylum.
I heard that P90x works out different muscles than Insanity, so maybe maybe maybe I won't feel like passing out doing that one... :rotfl:
If you do start Asylum you have to post here and let me know what you think.... :scared:

I took 3 days off last week, so I'm adding an extra week to month 1. Doing Insanity after 3 days off was rough...I was a puddle of sweat! But, it's still the best workout program I've ever done. Can't wait to go home and put myself through it again tonight! :rotfl2: <----this is my laughing while passed out from Insanity smiley.

I took 3 days off last week, so I'm adding an extra week to month 1. Doing Insanity after 3 days off was rough...I was a puddle of sweat! But, it's still the best workout program I've ever done. Can't wait to go home and put myself through it again tonight! :rotfl2: <----this is my laughing while passed out from Insanity smiley.

:rotfl:
I do that after every video except for the recovery one.
The kids gave me their cold so now i'm crossing my fingers that i'll feel ok enough to do tomorrow's double video exercise. Cause I know what you mean about restarting after sometime :sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter