Any word on Tutto Italia?

I was excited to hear a new Italian place was going to open at Italy, because I thought Alfredo's was dreadful. But I think this place is overpriced. No lasagna is worth $24 a serving IMHO.

I just read the linked review -- not exactly a resounding rave. It includes phrases like "I asked for extra sauce which improved the lasagne". The prices seem totally outrageous to me (and I live in NYC!). The reviewer does say the portion of lasagne was huge, so I guess DH, if we try the restaurant, will share. She raves about the dessert -- again $10 but a large enough portion to share.

In any event, I will most definitely miss the fettuccine alfredo from Alfredo's which was always, always superb. Oh well.

By the way, DisneyLover75, my source for the information that Alfredo's wanted to renew and WDW refused to let them, was one of the restaurant managers at Alfredo whom DH and I know well. I think that information is more reliable than what you got from a CM who answered the phone and was clearly just parroting the WDW "spin".

I was disappointed to see Alfredo's go, and, based on the review, I just read, there's nothing to get too excited about with its replacement.

If the prices are considered with each plate as a 'Family Size' meal, like Buca di Beppos or other Italian restaurants do it?

Thx for the review link! My DS12 looked at that and opted for it over Coral Reef for our Candlelight package night, just based on the deserts! :) Plus he's a pasta fiend, that one..

My daughter and I ate at Tutto Italia last night, and they do not take DDE.

Having said that, this was one of the best meals I have ever had at WDW (and this is my 46th trip so I have had many meals there!). My daughter had the Ligurian Trofie Pasta for dinner, and it was out of this world delicious! I had the Lasagna al Forno. This was one of the best lasagna's I have had. What made it so good was the sauce. Instead of it being a heavy tomato-paste sauce, it was more of a stewed/crushed tomato sauce which kept a normally heavy meal on the light side. The meat was also excellent. My daughter, who does not eat meat in her lasagna, took a taste and loved it even. For dessert my daughter had the Gianduja Chocolate Gelati. If you like dark, cocoa-y chocolate, you will love this! Incredible. I had the Mocha Tiramisu, which was excellent. We both agreed it was a wonderful dinner!

Yes, it is definitely on the pricey side, but in my opinion it was worth it compared to what we have eaten and paid at other WDW restaurants!

With no DDE accepted and these prices, it appears that Tutto Italia will be great for the DDP, especially if it is only a one TS credit. Thanks for the info on DDE and review of the food.

And $12 for a cannoli! I could get a box full of really good ones from my local Italian bakery.:lmao:

In any event, I will most definitely miss the fettuccine alfredo from Alfredo's which was always, always superb. Oh well.

By the way, DisneyLover75, my source for the information that Alfredo's wanted to renew and WDW refused to let them, was one of the restaurant managers at Alfredo whom DH and I know well. I think that information is more reliable than what you got from a CM who answered the phone and was clearly just parroting the WDW "spin".

I was disappointed to see Alfredo's go, and, based on the review, I just read, there's nothing to get too excited about with its replacement.

Yep, that sure sounds more reliable to me. I always ordered the fettucini alfredo too. I loved it. It was the best I've ever had. I liked each and every course at Alfredo's. I am so incredibly disappointed that it closed.

And I am NOT happy about the menu at the new place.

You know, when I'd called, it was to complain about the closing of Alfredo's, and I was asking to talk to a manager or someone higher up than whoever was answering phones, and that's when they gave me that line about it being Alfredo's idea to close.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR That irritates me now.

I miss Alfredo's. I'm going to be super salty when Concourse closes too. I pressed a CM for that info too, and they still denied that it's due to close.

Apparently this board is way ahead of the CMs. :rotfl:

Those prices are just crazy.

Tagliatelle Egg Pasta with meat ragu Bolognese $25 ??

This is pasta with meat sauce! Is there gold in there?

So glad to see everyone keeping an open mind....

An open mind? yes. An open wallet for these prices? No!

Really, DH loved Alfredo's, I was so-so about the place. We were both interested in trying something new but no-can-do at these prices. We are generally not dining-plan people either. I am hoping it will change soon so we can afford it.

I would not cancel just yet... I read somwhere that someone was allowed to use it although I cannot find the post at this time... :)

I didn't know they don't accept DDE. I'll be canceling our reservation.

This review was found on laughing place :

"A couple of hours after returning home we got a call from a friend at Epcot who said the new Italy restaurant was open. So out we headed for our first experience at Tutto Italia Ristorante. The new restaurant is run by the Patina Group. They run a number of restaurants at Disneyland's Downtown Disney but this is their first restaurant inside a Disney park. Right now the restaurant looks pretty similar to how it did as Alfredo's. It was only down for a short time for this change. After the new year it'll go down for an extended refurbishment and reopen again towards the end of 2008 with a new name and a new look.

First the good:

The service was excellent!
The freebie appetizer is great. A couple of varieties of bread plus marinated olives, garden vegetables pinzimonio relish, eggplant relish and olive oil dipping sauces.
The desserts were awesome! I had the ricotta cheesecake and Rebekah had the cannoli. Both were amazing!
The so-so:

The entrees. My dish was very good. Rebekah's dish was just ok as was the mozzarella and tomatoes which is key for us at an Italian restaurant.
The not-so-good:

The prices. Dinner for three with a soup, two salads, three entrees, three desserts and five non-alcoholic specialty drinks was $175 before Disney Dining Experience discount and tip. And all the entrees ordered were vegetarian. Seemed a bit steep to me.
The verdict...
If the price were lower or the entrees better it might become a favorite because the desserts are so, so good. And it's important to remember, this was only its second day of operation. So we'll definitely be trying it again after they've had a chance to settle in. It's not a bad addition to the World Showcase, just not as good as I was hoping for (and hopefully it will become)."

Review listed in link below and pictures are in the 2nd link.

http://www.laughingplace.com/Blogs/Doobie/View-127.asp

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-471.asp

:thumbsup2

I'm cancelling our ressies at Coral Reef for Tutto Italia. We're on the ddp so I don't care that the prices are high and it's only 1 TS. Looking forward to it, we thought Alfredo's was the worst restaurant on our last trip. Linda

We ate there Monday night the 18th. They were not taking ADR's only walk in. We were seated within 10 minutes. Everything looks the same as before except the tables are much more spread out now. Service was excellent...very quick!
The brought a lovely veggie platter with olive oil and pesto and a basket of really yummy bread. I had the mixed green salad which was very fresh with yummy dressing... except it had the raw veggie (the name escapes me now) that taste like licorice :eek: (ick). My dh had the tomato/mozarella stack which he thought was excellent. Both my kids had a bowl of pasta with sauce on the side and the ate every bite. My husband had the Penne Caprese and he loved it. I had the lasagne and it was absolutely fabulous. One of the best I have ever eaten. My kids got antsy so I left with them before we had dessert. :sad2: But my husband came out after paying the bill with 4 cannollis to go! He ate one when we got back to the resort and another one with coffee the next morning and he loved them!
I have absolutely no idea as to what the cost was as we were on the DDP...:confused3 but seeing all the previous posts regarding the prices it looks like the DDP here is a very good value! :goodvibes

We ate there Monday night the 18th. They were not taking ADR's only walk in. We were seated within 10 minutes. Everything looks the same as before except the tables are much more spread out now. Service was excellent...very quick!
The brought a lovely veggie platter with olive oil and pesto and a basket of really yummy bread. I had the mixed green salad which was very fresh with yummy dressing... except it had the raw veggie (the name escapes me now) that taste like licorice :eek: (ick). My dh had the tomato/mozarella stack which he thought was excellent. Both my kids had a bowl of pasta with sauce on the side and the ate every bite. My husband had the Penne Caprese and he loved it. I had the lasagne and it was absolutely fabulous. One of the best I have ever eaten. My kids got antsy so I left with them before we had dessert. :sad2: But my husband came out after paying the bill with 4 cannollis to go! He ate one when we got back to the resort and another one with coffee the next morning and he loved them!
I have absolutely no idea as to what the cost was as we were on the DDP...:confused3 but seeing all the previous posts regarding the prices it looks like the DDP here is a very good value! :goodvibes

Great review:thumbsup2 Glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait to try it on 12/1:santa:

I would LOVE to see some pictures of the foods here if anyone has any!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

eta: mompoppins, just saw your thread and review, thanks for the input!

Well-one person in the thread says DDE wasn't accepted--and it appears one person was allowed to use it. Let's hope with these prices it IS accepted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter