Any USA entry updates?

A few weeks back we cancelled our April DVC trip and moved it to September thinking things would be much better by then, but we're now getting really concerned about that.

The problem is, if that trip falls through we will lose a lot of points that have previously been banked as well as the possibility of losing out on the money spent on our park tickets.

Just passing on my experience with British Airways. To date they have behaved exceptionally well. Each time they cancelled a flight, they have responded to me quickly using Twitter pms and refunded me in full within 48 hours (Credit card and Avios). After I booked the March/April flights the price dropped significantly, so rather cheekily, I cancelled, took a voucher (arrived in minutes) and rebooked the same flights at the cheaper price. The second voucher was then reissued for the balance saved. BA cancelled my April return flight a few weeks ago and offered me an alternative, a flight which leaves 3 hours earlier, which in normal times I would have accepted, but for some reason I just sat on it. When I decided that the March/April trip was unlikely to go ahead, I contacted BA, again using Twitter pm and requested a refund. Initially they said they would pass my request to their refund team, who would issue a voucher only, as the booking was made with a voucher. I replied that as the flight was cancelled by BA, not me, I understood that I was entitled to a credit card/cash refund and they agreed. 24 hours later the credit shows on my credit card. Really just letting people know, that even if your flight was paid for with a voucher, if BA cancel any part of the booking, even if they offer an alternative flight, you can get a cash/credit card refund.

Just passing on my experience with British Airways. To date they have behaved exceptionally well. Each time they cancelled a flight, they have responded to me quickly using Twitter pms and refunded me in full within 48 hours (Credit card and Avios). After I booked the March/April flights the price dropped significantly, so rather cheekily, I cancelled, took a voucher (arrived in minutes) and rebooked the same flights at the cheaper price. The second voucher was then reissued for the balance saved. BA cancelled my April return flight a few weeks ago and offered me an alternative, a flight which leaves 3 hours earlier, which in normal times I would have accepted, but for some reason I just sat on it. When I decided that the March/April trip was unlikely to go ahead, I contacted BA, again using Twitter pm and requested a refund. Initially they said they would pass my request to their refund team, who would issue a voucher only, as the booking was made with a voucher. I replied that as the flight was cancelled by BA, not me, I understood that I was entitled to a credit card/cash refund and they agreed. 24 hours later the credit shows on my credit card. Really just letting people know, that even if your flight was paid for with a voucher, if BA cancel any part of the booking, even if they offer an alternative flight, you can get a cash/credit card refund.
Thanks for sharing your experience. That gives me a positiv feeling for my December BA booking :)
Regarding my upcoming April trip: I only have a hotel reservation and never booked the flights. The hotel reservation will be moved to December. Let’s hope that things get better (and safer) soon.

Yeah. Our biggest risk is the 14 day park tickets we purchased in late 2019 for the 2020 trip. I think they expire now in Sep 21 , but who knows when they will allow US travel again.

Cant see UK lockdown being lifted much before Easter (fully expecting schools not to go back until after Easter), so it will be question of can you get a flight / room later

We are DVC members, so have got that juggle to do as well.

Absolutely gutting, but at the same time, it needs to be safe, and with an eldest child with Aspergers, youngest possibly with autistic traits as well, even a 9 hr flight with masks (even though they are exempt could be a bridge too far anyway)
We're in the same boat with the park tickets. Keeping my fingers crossed and reminding myself that September is still a long way off...

Yeah. Our biggest risk is the 14 day park tickets we purchased in late 2019 for the 2020 trip. I think they expire now in Sep 21 , but who knows when they will allow US travel again.

Cant see UK lockdown being lifted much before Easter (fully expecting schools not to go back until after Easter), so it will be question of can you get a flight / room later

We are DVC members, so have got that juggle to do as well.

Absolutely gutting, but at the same time, it needs to be safe, and with an eldest child with Aspergers, youngest possibly with autistic traits as well, even a 9 hr flight with masks (even though they are exempt could be a bridge too far anyway)
If they don’t extend your tickets, I think that WDW will allow you to put the value towards new tickets. You would just pay any price increase. Not great news, but better than a total loss. Good luck.

Thanks for sharing your experience. That gives me a positiv feeling for my December BA booking :)
Regarding my upcoming April trip: I only have a hotel reservation and never booked the flights. The hotel reservation will be moved to December. Let’s hope that things get better (and safer) soon.
Just to say their current policy only extends to flights before August I believe so whether things are still this clear and easy for anything beyond this its hard to know. That said I'm sure that policy will keep being extended.

Just to say their current policy only extends to flights before August I believe so whether things are still this clear and easy for anything beyond this its hard to know. That said I'm sure that policy will keep being extended.
That’s true. But the way they currently seem to handle things is much more professional than what some of the other airlines do. Plus I have booked a flight that can be modified :) Call me optimistic...or naive :teeth:

That’s true. But the way they currently seem to handle things is much more professional than what some of the other airlines do. Plus I have booked a flight that can be modified :) Call me optimistic...or naive :teeth:
Completely. I've ended up booking with £150 non-refundable deposit for November as they didn't have anything fully refundable for a reasonable price

I seriously doubt the borders will be open for ‘business as usual’ this year (sadly). Many things would need to be put into place for that to happen, beyond vaccinating people.

Can I ask, why plan on it being all year?

exactly, people have to get their head around the fact that restrictions in place now may not apply in 4, 6 or 8 months. And in the same way, that what IS possible now may not be possible in 4, 6 or 8 months.. For 2021 and possibly 2022, anyone wishing to go on holiday needs to realize that they can't plan further out than 6 weeks, and any plans further than 6 weeks may have to be cancelled or rescheduled.

exactly, people have to get their head around the fact that restrictions in place now may not apply in 4, 6 or 8 months. And in the same way, that what IS possible now may not be possible in 4, 6 or 8 months.. For 2021 and possibly 2022, anyone wishing to go on holiday needs to realize that they can't plan further out than 6 weeks, and any plans further than 6 weeks may have to be cancelled or rescheduled.
Absolutely. I'm all for people linking articles and updates but unless the thing you're posting is a fact, I don't get why you'd say it. People aren't stupid and believe borders and going to open up asap. Both sides will have to come to a consensus that will be reported in the news long before officially decided but there's being negative & quite unhelpful really and then there is having facts which this poster clearly didn't have.
We get it! Borders aren't open at present and people are entitled to their opinions but some posters are almost as bad as the media by causing scaremongering where there may not need to be any yet.

@tinkerbell1991 exactly. This is the situation NOW. Every thing is fluid. Its important to stay informed and to keep up with the changes, but saying something that is implemented in January 2021 will still be valid in June 2021 is wrong. By all means speculate , its fun to wonder the what if, but language is important. People need to say "In my opinion" or "I think"

People need to say "In my opinion" or "I think"
I can't imagine anyone here would take the last sentence of disneylove69's post as being anything other than an opinion. The phrase "Plan on ... " is always associated with an uncertainty, not a fact.

I also think it's possible it will be all year - 50/50 maybe. I think that July to September might happen as cases will drop in the summer months. Once we go into autumn it will depend on vaccines and new strains - it could all kick off again.
Like I said earlier, committing (Ie. paying with no guarantee of refund) more than you are happy to lose would be unwise - in my opinion :)

Saying that you think borders will be closed for the foreseeable future is just as valid a statement as saying that all will be normal again for tourists in 6 months. Personally I would never plan a vacation to anywhere in the world right now, let alone the epicenter of the pandemic where half a million people have perished, and with a new President who is determined to put things right. In my opinion, no one is going to be coming here for a pleasure trip any time soon. It doesn’t even make any sense, again, in my opinion. But hey, if I’m wrong it means things will be “normal” here long before the borders open, so that’s a good thing.

Just showing on BA site....

When does the voucher expire?

The voucher expires on 30 April 2023.

Your voucher can be used as payment, or part payment, for a new future booking. Your new trip booked using your voucher must be fully completed by 30 April 2023 (departure and return).

If you have an existing voucher with an expiry date prior to 30 April 2023, please note that your voucher will automatically be extended to 30 April 2023. Customers will be notified with new voucher details as soon as possible.

Good news!

Last edited:
Since I don’t bare the gift of foresight I cannot say what will happen regarding travel restrictions in 2021 :teeth: of course everyone is entitled to have his or her own opinion when/if it will be possible to travel in 2021. I personally wouldn’t set a foot into an airplane without having received the vaccine and that has nothing to do with travel restrictions. But that’s not the discussion here ;)

I am glad that people still try to be optimistic as (in my opinion) it is psychologically healthy to focus on positive thoughts during these tough times.

And as long as Disneyworld uk doesn’t stop selling hotels/tickets I want to believe that there is still a chance that things will get better this year.

I really appreciate all the info and updates that all of your posts regarding the latest developments in the UK and the US provide.

Last edited:
Saying that you think borders will be closed for the foreseeable future is just as valid a statement as saying that all will be normal again for tourists in 6 months. Personally I would never plan a vacation to anywhere in the world right now, let alone the epicenter of the pandemic where half a million people have perished, and with a new President who is determined to put things right. In my opinion, no one is going to be coming here for a pleasure trip any time soon. It doesn’t even make any sense, again, in my opinion. But hey, if I’m wrong it means things will be “normal” here long before the borders open, so that’s a good thing.
I personally wouldn't book a holiday at this time either. However in my case the tickets I bought for a September 2020 trip in January 2020 are only extended until September 2021. 14-day tickets from a third-party site. I don't think anybody here is discussing actually booking a new trip, more so pushing already-booked trips back. If the borders are open without mandatory quarantines on arrival we'll be going. Can only hope at the moment as a lot can change within the space of a year.

Let's keep the thread for updates rather than opinions because that always gets messy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter