Any thoughts on CR garden view?

Karbase8

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I when the Visa room discount came out changed my reservations 3 times and tried to get Beach Club standard and were sold out. I was hoping for standard Contemporary and I think I winded up with a garden view/garden wing which is more and price and doesn't seem to be much of a discount, but I am keeing it as I originally had POFQ, then changed to Carribean Beach now to Contemporary. I am traveling from 8/18-8/23. It's me and my DS (13). I am thinking being a single parent the convenience is great where MK which is my favorite park for the most part. My son it's up there with HS and even Epcot. I know the pool and the theming is not all that fancy but the convenience can't be beat and my son said just leave the reservation don't change it again. I have read the garden view is a bit of a walk however convenient to the beach and pools which will be nice for midday breaks when needed. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,
I when the Visa room discount came out changed my reservations 3 times and tried to get Beach Club standard and were sold out. I was hoping for standard Contemporary and I think I winded up with a garden view/garden wing which is more and price and doesn't seem to be much of a discount, but I am keeing it as I originally had POFQ, then changed to Carribean Beach now to Contemporary. I am traveling from 8/18-8/23. It's me and my DS (13). I am thinking being a single parent the convenience is great where MK which is my favorite park for the most part. My son it's up there with HS and even Epcot. I know the pool and the theming is not all that fancy but the convenience can't be beat and my son said just leave the reservation don't change it again. I have read the garden view is a bit of a walk however convenient to the beach and pools which will be nice for midday breaks when needed. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well, the garden wing rooms are identical to the tower rooms minus a balcony, just a slider with a railing, so if the general theming of the entire resort feels "not fancy" to you you will probably be disappointed. Personally, my family and I love the serenity and spa like feel of the CR rooms. It's probably our all time family favorite. the location of the garden wing isn't really that much of a walk, especially when you compare that with the walk from some of the outer buildings at values and moderates (can we say Caribbean Beach anyone?) Room size is huge, walkway to Magic Kingdom, monorail to other resorts or boat to WL/Ft Wilderness for more dining options.

Thank You! Just to clarify I don't need fancy at all when it comes to theming I just know for reviews that CR has been criticized for that but I stayed at the CR when I was 2 years old and was there last year at Chef Mickey's it doesn't seem like a far walk at all and the Contemporary does feel very compact. I just don't see alot of discussion about the Contemporary however I have the last few minutes on here since I booked it! I was just look for any tips and probably reassurance of my booking but the pool looks very nice and beach and I am sure we will be very very pleased as we stay at the All Star Sports and actually really enjoy that.

If you love the MK and appreciate convenience then I dont think you can do a whole lot better than the CR! While I will agree with some folks' assessments that it is a little lacking in theming overall, I would also argue that it has a personality all of it's own. I've been going to WDW forever and I still think it's cool as heck that the monorail goes right through the main tower. And being the 1st stop on the monorail line after a long day at the MK is worth it's weight in gold! :thumbsup2

The garden view is so much better than standard. You won't regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So glad to hear that! I "worked so hard" to secure my standard view and booked so long ago, but also just upgraded to the garden view for the visa discount. Only saved about $100, but have the better view now. Was also wishing I could have kept standard for the savings.

So glad to hear that! I "worked so hard" to secure my standard view and booked so long ago, but also just upgraded to the garden view for the visa discount. Only saved about $100, but have the better view now. Was also wishing I could have kept standard for the savings.

the garden view rooms are some of the more convenient ones too. A lot of times if you get one in just the right spot on the ground floor you can walk right out of your patio door and to the pool. A lot more convenient than having to wait for an elevator down, walk out to the back and then over to the pool. When our girls were little we always stayed in the wing rooms, they were the best kept secret out there. We could get one for as little as $129 a night and have this huge room that screamed Disney (have you seen the pictures of the old décor:eek:?

We loved the Garden Wing and had garden view, our room overlooked the pool. We requested and got a ground floor room so we'd have a patio to have a little extra space and that was nice. The walk to the main building is all covered or you can cut through the pool area, it's not far at all especially compared to larger resorts. Seeing the monorail is so Disney and walking to MK whenever you feel like it, priceless!

Thank you all this really helps! And I am glad the garden wing is so close to the pool and MK and even the other monorail resorts it's very exciting!!!! And it does seem to be a compact resort compared to the others!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter