Any rumblings of a ticket price increase in the near future?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
Going in April and would prefer to purchase our tickets near the end of February but will buy sooner if the ticket prices are going up before that.

Just wondering if anyone has heard credible rumors of if/when ticket prices may increase.

Also generally they give a bit of a heads up correct?

I usually book a package and end up booking before the talks of price increases so I don't pay too much attention to how much warning they give.

This time I'll be staying offsite so I don't need to purchase my tickets too early since I only have a 30 day FP+ window.

Going in April and would prefer to purchase our tickets near the end of February but will buy sooner if the ticket prices are going up before that.

Just wondering if anyone has heard credible rumors of if/when ticket prices may increase.

Also generally they give a bit of a heads up correct?

I usually book a package and end up booking before the talks of price increases so I don't pay too much attention to how much warning they give.

This time I'll be staying offsite so I don't need to purchase my tickets too early since I only have a 30 day FP+ window.

Who knows. It may or may not. There's been a price increase at least every year since 1994, I believe, and sometimes twice a year with February being one of the months it's gone up. However, with the amount of discounts they're rolling out and slipping park attendance, not sure if they're going to keep to status quo.

IF they do announce an increase, it will be done about 2 weeks in advance so you can still buy tickets.

Even if you don't get your tickets before the price increase, you can go to the websites of the Authorized Disney World Ticket sellers and usually get last year's prices for a couple of weeks after the price increase goes into effect.

The ticket bumps have not given advance notice in recent years...I believe it's been 24 hours if you're lucky. Sunday "announcement" for a Monday increase.

On places like the disboards you might get 3 day...

But...I don't expect a significant increase this time...so the cost of you waiting until you are financially comfortable with making the purchase is relatively low. Just some stuff to consider.

The ticket bumps have not given advance notice in recent years...I believe it's been 24 hours if you're lucky. Sunday "announcement" for a Monday increase.

On places like the disboards you might get 3 day...

But...I don't expect a significant increase this time...so the cost of you waiting until you are financially comfortable with making the purchase is relatively low. Just some stuff to consider.

Thanks!

Who knows. It may or may not. There's been a price increase at least every year since 1994, I believe, and sometimes twice a year with February being one of the months it's gone up. However, with the amount of discounts they're rolling out and slipping park attendance, not sure if they're going to keep to status quo.

IF they do announce an increase, it will be done about 2 weeks in advance so you can still buy tickets.
Have you seen a large amount of discounts? Fill me in please. Perhaps I haven't been paying much attention but all I've really noticed is the watered down QS meal plan, thanks!

Have you seen a large amount of discounts? Fill me in please. Perhaps I haven't been paying much attention but all I've really noticed is the watered down QS meal plan, thanks!

There are ticket discounts, the watered down QS meal discount (some argue for it, I argue against it), and room discounts all going on right now. Plus, they're trying to get AP's to purchase new passes in order to get a "free" month. So yeah, lots of "discounts" just none spectacular imo. For a discount to work well, I think it needs to give a significant savings to all, not just the general few. For example the watered down QS does not give me any benefit at all, but a room discount would. However, the maximum discount of the QS plan doesn't translate over to an equal room discount for the same value. So either a family of four can save around $56/night on the QS discount (again, very arbitrary number) OR I can save $25/night on my room. See, it's not equal for all.

There are ticket discounts, the watered down QS meal discount (some argue for it, I argue against it), and room discounts all going on right now. Plus, they're trying to get AP's to purchase new passes in order to get a "free" month. So yeah, lots of "discounts" just none spectacular imo. For a discount to work well, I think it needs to give a significant savings to all, not just the general few. For example the watered down QS does not give me any benefit at all, but a room discount would. However, the maximum discount of the QS plan doesn't translate over to an equal room discount for the same value. So either a family of four can save around $56/night on the QS discount (again, very arbitrary number) OR I can save $25/night on my room. See, it's not equal for all.
Oh yeah no doubt! And we avoid all of the meal plans, there's no savings in them for us - prefer to eat mostly offsite. Thanks for your reply!

Oh yeah no doubt! And we avoid all of the meal plans, there's no savings in them for us - prefer to eat mostly offsite. Thanks for your reply!

Is it really more cost effective to leave the parks and drive off property several times per day?
I could see the savings if you're already staying offsite and eat breakfast before heading to the parks, have a couple snacks throughout the day at the parks, and then eat dinner offsite but when staying onsite I just don't see where the savings comes in.

Is it really more cost effective to leave the parks and drive off property several times per day?
I could see the savings if you're already staying offsite and eat breakfast before heading to the parks, have a couple snacks throughout the day at the parks, and then eat dinner offsite but when staying onsite I just don't see where the savings comes in.
Yes, it works for us! We prefer to stay offsite since selling our DVC. Normally we'll eat breakfast at our hotel, bring in wraps or salads from Whole Foods or somewhere like that, & eat nice dinners offsite - much better, healthier, and more affordable options! If staying onsite, it's pretty much the same routine as we always have a rental car because we can't stand the WDW public transportation, and I like to shop for healthy food for us. We'll eat breakfast in our room or at our hotel, normally have a lunch that I've already bought, & usually go offsite for dinner. That being said, we do love Shula's!!! And our favorite character meal is at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. It's around $25 adults/$12 children, is a terrific buffet with lots of organic options, and great character interactions!

Last edited:
Yes, it works for us! We prefer to stay offsite since selling our DVC. Normally we'll eat breakfast at our hotel, bring in wraps or salads from Whole Foods or somewhere like that, & eat nice dinners offsite - much better, healthier, and more affordable options! If staying onsite, it's pretty much the same routine as we always have a rental car because we can't stand the WDW public transportation, and I like to shop for healthy food for us. We'll eat breakfast in our room or at our hotel, normally have a lunch that I've already bought, & usually go offsite for dinner. That being said, we do love Shula's!!!

My family used to stay offsite all the time and we are doing so this April for the first time since 2004.
We used to do as I described eating breakfast before we left for the parks, eating a couple snacks at the parks, and then eating dinner after we left the parks.
We are a rope drop to shop til you drop after closing type of family so before it was always very late nights and eating at Denny's or similar as they were open. Doing that really does not make sense to us anymore so we will be eating lunch and dinner in the parks and have several ADR's.
If we were staying onsite the dining plan would make total sense for us as usual because going to those several ADR's is going to cost us more in the end than if we were able to get a dining plan.
Well to each their own. Ya gotta do what's right for you. :)

My family used to stay offsite all the time and we are doing so this April for the first time since 2004.
We used to do as I described eating breakfast before we left for the parks, eating a couple snacks at the parks, and then eating dinner after we left the parks.
We are a rope drop to shop til you drop after closing type of family so before it was always very late nights and eating at Denny's or similar as they were open. Doing that really does not make sense to us anymore so we will be eating lunch and dinner in the parks and have several ADR's.
If we were staying onsite the dining plan would make total sense for us as usual because going to those several ADR's is going to cost us more in the end than if we were able to get a dining plan.
Well to each their own. Ya gotta do what's right for you. :)
Oh so true! Have a wonderful trip in April!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter