Any pics yet of Dream aft balconies?

We recently returned from our cruise in 9176 & 9174...I have a load of pictures too of the balconies which I'll try & post soon.
I would just like to add a few negative observations BUT nothing that would stop me rebooking the cabins again...but so you are aware;

- these balconies (and furniture) were grimey from the soot fall from the stack - it was a daily occurance (every time we sailed) -and with a balcony this big, far too big of a job for the stateroom host. Despite repeated requests, Disney were slow and poor to respond to requests to get it properly cleaned - in fact it never was cleaned properly, until we arrived back in Port Canaveral (when it was pressure washed as we left). It was left to the stateroom host with a mop & bucket but this just resulted in spreading the grime, not removing it ...it really needs Disney to pressure wash it regularly during the cruise. Actually, there is no excuse for them not being washed down more effectively, even without pressure washing, as there is a tap (sorry forcet !) on the wall of the cabin of 9176 that could run a hose or similar.
It is kind of annoying that DCL have 'upgraded' these cabins and not tackled this problem - I think they could have sold it better if perhaps they gave the soot fall issue one of the reasons for NOT upgrading it in the first place. I thought this was why the aft cabins on the Magic remained reasonably priced ?:confused:
TIP -Bring some baby wipes with you to clean the furniture, and do not sit out in a white sun dress ! Also flip flops are a must on the balconies if you don't want black feet !!

- second we did find it could be a little noisy on the balcony at night from the staff parties being help on the very top deck (priate staff area). You couldn't hear the noise in the cabin, but some nights party music & singing, loud chatter,etc., could be heard in to the early hours if you were stood outside.

- after 7 cruises I have never noticed so many smokers on their balconies as I did this cruise. I can't say the smokers bother me - they tend to be so intermitent, so as not to affect me ...BUT nonetheless I saw loads more of the aft balconies than ever I have done sailing on the side balconies.

As I said it wouldn't stop me rebooking these cabins though - they are great !

Good to know all this, as we have these rooms next year. Looking forward to your pics!

We were in 5192 on the maiden voyage of the Dream (sorry, no pics of verandah). We loved it so much that we tried to book it for the Fantasy's maiden, but it was already gone.

The room is dead center on the back of the ship, so the verandah is huge & the views are amazing.

The bass from the clubs was a low thump till closing & did not keep us up or bother us at all.

I'm sure you will be thrilled with this stateroom!

We are booked on this one for the 12/1 Fantasy Cruise- great to hear that the views are amazing. We were excited to be able to get this room. :cool1:

Ok I will join in! How about cabin 6182? We are on the Fantasy in February.

Rob & Sue

We recently returned from our cruise in 9176 & 9174...I have a load of pictures too of the balconies which I'll try & post soon.
I would just like to add a few negative observations BUT nothing that would stop me rebooking the cabins again...but so you are aware;

- these balconies (and furniture) were grimey from the soot fall from the stack - it was a daily occurance (every time we sailed) -and with a balcony this big, far too big of a job for the stateroom host. Despite repeated requests, Disney were slow and poor to respond to requests to get it properly cleaned - in fact it never was cleaned properly, until we arrived back in Port Canaveral (when it was pressure washed as we left). It was left to the stateroom host with a mop & bucket but this just resulted in spreading the grime, not removing it ...it really needs Disney to pressure wash it regularly during the cruise. Actually, there is no excuse for them not being washed down more effectively, even without pressure washing, as there is a tap (sorry forcet !) on the wall of the cabin of 9176 that could run a hose or similar.
It is kind of annoying that DCL have 'upgraded' these cabins and not tackled this problem - I think they could have sold it better if perhaps they gave the soot fall issue one of the reasons for NOT upgrading it in the first place. I thought this was why the aft cabins on the Magic remained reasonably priced ?:confused:
TIP -Bring some baby wipes with you to clean the furniture, and do not sit out in a white sun dress ! Also flip flops are a must on the balconies if you don't want black feet !!

- second we did find it could be a little noisy on the balcony at night from the staff parties being help on the very top deck (priate staff area). You couldn't hear the noise in the cabin, but some nights party music & singing, loud chatter,etc., could be heard in to the early hours if you were stood outside.

- after 7 cruises I have never noticed so many smokers on their balconies as I did this cruise. I can't say the smokers bother me - they tend to be so intermitent, so as not to affect me ...BUT nonetheless I saw loads more of the aft balconies than ever I have done sailing on the side balconies.

As I said it wouldn't stop me rebooking these cabins though - they are great !

Thanks for posting this! We've got the same cabins booked for October! I will definitely bring some baby wipes. It seems like I'd be going a bit overboard if I brought a swiffer mop, but I will consider it if you think it'd be worth it.

Did you by any chance watch the fireworks from the veranda? I'm thinking that would be great for us if they're easily seen.

Thanks,
Tricia

Just got off the Fantasy. We had 10164 very nice except chair scraping in the morning.

DSC0109-L.jpg

DSC0112-L.jpg

Even nicer when you are traveling with friends that have the next balcony.

DSC0116-L.jpg

Just got off the Fantasy. We had 10164 very nice except chair scraping in the morning.

DSC0109-L.jpg

DSC0112-L.jpg

Even nicer when you are traveling with friends that have the next balcony.

DSC0116-L.jpg

And they had the very nicest of neighbors possible. ;)
I agree that these rooms were great. Very large balcony, beautiful views and the vibrations were mild and only lasted 2 days. Very convenient location as well to Cabanas and other aft clubs.
The chair scrapping in the morning from Cabanas was irritating, but it did not ruin my overall opinion of the room.

m&m's mom said:
I agree that these rooms were great. Very large balcony, beautiful views and the vibrations were mild and only lasted 2 days. Very convenient location as well to Cabanas and other aft clubs.
The chair scrapping in the morning from Cabanas was irritating, but it did not ruin my overall opinion of the room.

What category is that?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We have 8682 in October. For those who have had complete Aft before how was the sun on the verandas? Are you able to lay out and get sun? Would live to do that versus heading up on deck for a few days on the cruise.

m&m's mom, do you know if the fireworks are viewable from that balcony? we will be in 10162 on the Fantasy next March - can't wait for the big balcony!

We stayed in 7690 aft stateroom on the Dream. I'm sorry that I don't have a full image of the balcony(chairs, table) but I can say that it was spacious. Large enough for some laser battles and for my kids to run around and play.

In the aft rooms, you will always have a great view of the port where we are docked. Castaway Cay is in the background. Also, we were able to clearly see ALL the fireworks from our veranda on pirate night. That was such a wonderful treat! It was nice to get away from the crowds and just enjoy it as a family.

IMG_1171.jpg

NICE!!:thumbsup2 Love the view of Castaway Cay. We've got this room booked for our Christmas cruise in 2013.

Friends of ours are going on their first Disney cruise to celebrate their 54th anniversary. They are in room 10162. Can you see the fireworks from their balcony? Anyone have pictures of the room and or balcony? They would be thrilled to see any pictures anyone has. I'm guessing the balcony is like 10164??

Peg

We stayed in this exact room last week on the 10/21 cruise. Absolutely a great room. The veranda was large with 2 chairs a small table and 2 loungers. You can see the fireworks from your veranda. Probably a better view from the party deck but it was good enough for us. My only small complaint regarding this room is you are right under Cabana's and there is alot of noise at night that woke me up on more than one occasion. However I would definitely stay or choose this room again for future cruises.

Thank you for answering my question. They will be thrilled with the size. Can I be pushy and ask if you have any pictures? If not,thanks for letting us know,it is much appreciated.

Peg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter