Any Parents With Disabilities?

I have cerebral palsy. It mainly affects my legs, but using a walker for the past ten years has taken it's toll on my shoulders as well. I wear leg braces. We're going to WDW over Easter. I'll rent a scooter for the time we're there. (not from Disney, I need to know I have it)

I am not a mom, but I'm 32 and was born with and live with deadly peanut allergies and severe soy allergies as well as environmental allergies to pollens, dust mites, ragweed and mold. I am also very allergic to dimethicone, Vitamin E (since some comes from soy), most PEGs (also from soy) and lanolin. My allergies show up in the form of hives/urticaria and eczema/dermatitis and even worse reactions depending on the culprit. I have a website and YouTube page for those of you whom it may help, so yes, please know that you are not alone. Adults with disabilities do exist...there's just not much support out there for us, which is what I'm trying to change!

~Maya

Dealing with Stage 4 breast cancer here. My husband and I have 3 children, a 17-year-old son, a 15-year-old daughter, and an 8-year-old daughter. Family vacations have always been our favorite things to do together. Depending upon where I am in treatment and what the side effects are usually dictates how I feel when we're in Disney. It can be tiring, but doable and enjoyable.

The last time we were there (Easter) we rented a wheelchair at each park we went to. This time I'm getting one delivered to our room upon arrival and picked up from our room when we leave. Cheaper and easier.

We're planning on arriving Sunday the 4th of November (we drive) after a short visit with family in Maryland and departing Thursday the 8th. Yes, we're the crazy Jersey visitors for "Jersey Week", plus we enjoy Epcot's Food & Wine Festival. LOL.

From there, we're taking an autotrain up to Virginia for a wedding, before going home.

Prayers & blessings, all

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter