Any other Disney fine art collectors?

I’m going to purchase a 30 GB player, and I’m stuck between the iPod video, zune, creative m, and creative w. The only reason I’m stuck is because they all have different things that I like: iPods are slim, the zunes have a landscape/portrait screen that is bigger than the iPods and have a nice album art feature, the creative m supports many different types of video files and allows for background change, and the creative w has a nice screen. Do you know if there was a perfect mp3/video player? That would save me much time and stress.

I think this was posted in the wrong thread :)

I just looked at the site with the art of Ellenshaw etc. Does anyone have a list with prices?

I just splashed out a little and ordered this one by James Coleman as a special piece for DD's bedroom........

Kauai%20Dream%2020x16_lg.jpg

...and I got the Mickey & Minnie Surfs Up for DS's room......

Surfs%20Up%2016x24_lg.jpg

.....and this one for our office....

506O1066C%20Summer%20Celebration%2018X14_lg.jpg

I think I get a bit carried away, DH will be shredding the credit cards soon! :rotfl:

I think this was posted in the wrong thread :)

I just looked at the site with the art of Ellenshaw etc. Does anyone have a list with prices?
I buy from a gallery in the UK, PM if you want their details. They do free shipping and I get 10% discount too. :goodvibes

What is the website, that you can go on to look at them and to buy them?

Thanks!

Collector's Editions publishes the Coleman pieces. http://www.disneyfineart.com/

There are many dealers sites out there that sell the pieces and list the prices. I'm not aware if DIS board rules permit posting links to dealer sites.

This is a message to all who have participated in this thread.

My Mother was looking at the paintings at the Contemporary and she LOVED a painting she saw that was filled with characters and it lit up. They had a version that lit up and one that did not, but unfortunately she did not buy it when we were there. Does anyone know where this painting can be found? When we returned it was no longer at any of the at places and we have looked online but my mother would absolutely LOVE to have this painting. Sorry i do not have a picture just remember that it had many characters on it and I am pretty sure the castle was in the background. Thanks to all! Any help is VERY appreciated!

I got into Disney Fine Art a couple of years ago. My first piece was the Kinkade Disneyland 50th Anniversary giclee on paper. It was quickly followed by The Royal Waltz by Ron Dias(former Disney animator who worked on Sleeping Beauty) commissioned by Disney for the 45th anniversary of the film. I have since added a Kupka piece, Salvati's Singing With the Birds, Peter and Harrison Ellenshaw's Once Upon A Dream, Larry Nikolai's Aurora(Nikolai is a Disney Imagineer), Carlton's Briar Rose, and John Rowe's As Beauty Sleeps.

Through a friend of mine, I've met every single artist except Kupka and have had the Ellenshaw, Rowe, and Carlton pieces hand embellished. I also got to visit Collectors Editions facility in February as part of the trip report in my signature.

The only thing I can think of is Lumicels which were made by Animated Animations Co. I'm not sure they are still in business.

This blog has info about them, but not sure exactly if the piece you saw in the Contemporary was one of these.
http://www.squidoo.com/lucimel_Art

(I also got to visit Collectors Editions facility)
Wow, lucky you!! Any hints from Michael Young on what are some of the new pieces coming out? esp any Salvati's?? :)

(I've met every single artist except Kupka)
He's the only artist that I have met! Guess that's what happens when you live on the east coast as does he. Was fortunate to meet him at a signing event at Gallery of the Lakes last Dec. He was a very nice guy, embellished all pieces that were purchased and I was fortunate to get one of his originals.

Mostly I have Salvati's, and one each of Carlton, Kupka, Rogerson, Robison and Buchanan-Benson. Would love to get an Alvin one day, love the Pirate's piece he did as a DL/WDW park exclusive.

Wish Collector's Editions did more artist signings on the east coast.

The only new Salvati piece I remember was the 101 Dalmatians piece which was recently released. Speaking of Salvati, we were given a gift from Collectors of a small giclee from one of his Bambi pieces of Bambi in the forest in winter(don't remmeber the name of the piece although somebody in our group had bought the original).

We went right during Collectors Behind the Canvas show for their dealers, so we literally saw the pieces 2 days after they were revealed to the galleries. We were also able to buy them before they were released to the galleries.

If you've read the article on Collectors website about their show in February, I was one of the clients of the Gallery they mentioned at the bottom of the article. It was a neat experience. In looking at my piece and that of some other clients in our group who bought the same piece, I realized that Rowe had embellished and enchanced the areas on my painting that dealt with the ideas we discussed in talking about the piece. I probably spent 30 minutes or so talking with Rowe about the As Beauty Sleeps piece and 10-15 mintutes talking with Trevor Carlton. He is really cool and funny.

For my 50th bday - 2007 - we celebrated in WDW and stayed at the Boardwalk for the 1st time.... well for my DH that was a mistake because I discovered the Wyland Galleries and fell in love with Wyland's Dive Buddies.... What a wonderful bday present and since we have 3 daughters - what a perfect legacy. As for 51st bday in March - we wandered back to the Boardwalk and discovered James Coleman - needless to say I fell in love with Surfs Up.... Next year - who knows but I love Mickey & Minnie and do you see a theme?... yes the water... I have all the pics hanging in my family room. I can't wait for my 52nd bday!

I would love to own a Wyland. I can't wait for our next trip just so I can look at them :)

...and I got the Mickey & Minnie Surfs Up for DS's room......

Surfs%20Up%2016x24_lg.jpg

WOW! I love this one! It would look great in our guest room. Thanks for introducing me to a new Disney artist. :goodvibes

We have 3 Peter Ellenshaw's. The proof set of the Mary Poppins
The Sweeps Dance
MPSweepsDance.jpg

and
Practically Perfect
MPPracticallyPerfect.jpg

My favorite one hangs over our bed though..... :lovestruc
Cinderella's Grand Arrival
Cinderellas_Grand_Arrival.jpg

Hi i have a wyland with ariel sitting on the rock and i just love it. Going this fall to decide if i want another wyland (dive buddies) It sits in the living room and is simply fantastic.

Just received Tropical Twosome by James Coleman. It is hors d'commerce edition. Does anyone know if this is the same as the regular edition?

I have the dive buddies but in tripka.
The orgingal painting was to large for me to put on 1 wall...
but it is beautiful!

<It is hors d'commerce edition. Does anyone know if this is the same as the regular edition?>

http://spanek.com/new-art/art-faq.php
The HC edition is part of the entire published edition size of any print/giclee/litho. It is included with the regular edition size, the Artist Proofs and any other prints such as Printers Proofs, etc.

Hello fellow art fans. I have a collection of cels. My collection includes:
Aladdin- Sunset Romance
Bambi- Deer To My Heart
Lion King- Cast
Lion King- Best Friends~Simba & Nala
Hercules- Earthly Companions
101 Dalmations- Puppy Disguise
Little Mermaid- Story Time with Ariel
Mulan- Beautiful Blossom (signed)
Pocahontas- Little Mischeif
Ensemble cel- Villainous Portraits

I have my eye on "A Perfect Fit" next:)

I have the Kinkade "New Day at Cinderella Castle" which is very special for us because my fiance proposed at the castle. I just ordered the new "Snow White Discovers the Cottage" I'm so excited for the new series, I've heard the next one will be Pinocchio!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter